Reviews for The Need To Run
LiseLore chapter 5 . 2/10/2013
Aw, I liked this one ! :D
I liked all the brother-closesness references. Scotts's, Virgs and John's where my favorites ! :D
LexietFive chapter 5 . 6/15/2012
Well Wow! You seemed to get under the skin of all five guys. I loved all five insights. You even gave me something to think about with Alans thoughts. Maybe this is why he was so annoying. Liked john comparing his brothers and himself to married couples with him stuck in the middle. Brilliant work.
TBMom chapter 5 . 11/1/2011
Another story nicely done!
Writer With Sprite chapter 5 . 6/20/2011
Really good.
Lou-deadfroggy chapter 5 . 3/11/2011
Awww I feel sorry for Alan. That's definately an insight to the boys I never thought of. Brilliant.
ayjaydee chapter 5 . 11/23/2010
I don't often add a story to my favorites, but this's different. I think you've captured a little of each of the boys in essence, which, trust me, is very hard to do. So congrats on a job well done. :)
Mirvena chapter 5 . 11/20/2010
I really liked this story - you've focused it around their views of Scott but you've captured each of the brother's voices and concerns in a way that tells us as much about each of them as it does about him. I liked Virgil's attention to detail, the things he notices that perhaps no-one else might. And I liked Alan's take, and how he misses something he never had and is aware of his mixed feelings. Thanks for this.
Agent Nova chapter 5 . 11/19/2010
Okay, this is my third attempt to review. is playing havoc with my laptop at the moment. So, *crosses fingers* here goes...

I was interested to see what you’d write for Alan. I know you felt a tad apprehensive about doing so, but like I’ve mentioned before, you’re so in tune with the characters and I actually found myself sympathising with him. I’ve seen Alan in a completely different light. It’s now easier to understand why he sometimes acts the way he does. It all makes perfect sense (though I doubt it’ll make him any less annoying, lol).

I’ve taken great delight in reading these stories... thank you :)

Loopstagirl chapter 5 . 11/18/2010

That was really deep! I was wondering what you were going to do for Alan, and this was not what I expected at all! I love it! The way you caught his frustration at the constant babying was phenomenal!

I have absolutely adored this story and am so glad that you decided to take it further! Brilliant writing, truly amazing!
Louise Hargadon chapter 5 . 11/17/2010
Considering Alan is... well... let's just say *not* our favourite Tracy, you certainly write him well. Especially loved the "Gosh sakes" - I could hear him say it!

He really is an Angry Young Man isn't he? An Angry Young Man struggling for an identity and personality of his own. No wonder he's such a contemptible little twit (or 'prat')! It must be tough for him seeing Scott seemingly sail through life just getting on with everything (even though we all know that's not true. Nobody runs if they don't need to!), yet he's such a brilliant big brother Alan can't help but love him!

Yeah. That'd do my head in too!

Another fabulous chapter. Really loved it. Go on, write Jeff now. Do it...!xx
bubzchoc chapter 5 . 11/16/2010
great chapter
quiller chapter 4 . 11/16/2010
This series gets better and better. Are you going to go for the full set?
Bella Regazza chapter 4 . 11/15/2010
Ha ha oh man, you really know how to reel a girl in, no? I have to admit; the fact that you added Gordon was actually what caught my eye. Really, I think it's an obsession. I'm beyond 'favoring' him.

Anyway, I am SO flattered for the chapter! ANNDDD the fact that you mentioned XOXO - I worked really, really hard on it, and just knowing how much you enjoy it is really encouraging.

That said, I'm glad that you played up the Gordon/Scott relationship. I've seen quite a few fics where Scott has resigned from the military, around the time of Gordon's accident. I always thought that the move was very 'Scott-ish.'

Anyway, to end this ridiculously long review, I like the fact that the chapters are pretty short. Sweet and to the point!

Nice job! (Oh, and I really like the analogy with the boys and space... definitely nailed both Gordon and Alan. I lol'd!)

Great job!

P.S. The next chapter of XOXO should be up either tomorrow or Wednesday! (Wed is my b'day, so it'll be like a reversed present! lol)
Loopstagirl chapter 4 . 11/15/2010
Bloody hell, that last line was amazing!

Another great chapter! Love how you got both Gordon's humourous side into it, and yet it was still really serious!

This is really stunning!