Reviews for Nous
bastetwithacigarette chapter 32 . 6/12/2018
This was so hard to stop reading, I zipped through partially because it was so enthralling and partially because it was so suspenseful. This is perhaps the best Inception fanfic I’ve ever encountered because of how closely everyone resembled themselves from the film. I especially loved and appreciated the way you portrayed Ariadne. Too often she becomes a version of herself and here, she is more like I see her in the film: as someone who does not shy away from danger and does not allow others to treat her as anything less than an equal. It extends to her relationship with Arthur which matches the pacing of the movie and the way the romance was treated like a flirtation: subtle hints at it, snatched moments among the action and the forever developing plot of the film taking centre stage. I like the way you portrayed their romance in such a similar fashion-how it seemed to sprout out of nowhere, unprompted and yet how affected Ariadne is by it. It’s lovely. The twist was perfect but maybe I’m just a lazy reader but the exact details escape me. Basically I found the reveal a bit meh and the explanation somewhat murky and hard to parse out even though I was kind of expecting the twist. It’s a beautiful story that shows immense dedication and skill. Thank you for sharing it.
whimsicalfey chapter 4 . 10/11/2017
Oh, Arthur...
gj0bi chapter 32 . 8/8/2016
I have no words for this fic. It was too sad, too dark for my taste. I wanted Eames to be a huge douche with jokes, I wanted fluff not freaking this but I loved it, after all, they did have a happy ending but I have to know, did Eames ever come back to Ariadne and Arthur, did Cobb and his family became one with the Ariadne-Arthur-Eames family, did they ever have a happy ending with no question marks or "to be continued"s I NEED MY KIDS TO BE HAPPY AND TOGETHER IN THE VERY END. THANK YOU FOR THIS FREAKING RIDE IT TOOK SHARP TURNS AND WAS ABLE TO SURPRISE THE READER IDEK ANYMORE I NEED CAPS TO SHOW MY EMOTIONS PROPERLY OMG THANKS THANKS A LOT I'M GOING TO LOOK IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INCEPTION FICS AS SOON AS I MOVE ON! I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT THEY WON'T SHATER MY HEART LIKE THIS ONE AND THEN TAPE IT TOGETHER AND THEN STOMP ON IT AND THEN POUR GLUE ON THE REMAINING PIECES. THANKS AGAIN. I WILL COME BACK TO THIS STORY ONCE I FORGET ABOUT IT THANK YOU. I CAN'T EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR THIS STORY OR MY RESPECT FOR YOU OR MY DAMN APPRECIATOIN FOR TIME AND SKILL GIVEN TO THIS STORY SO I'M GOING TO LEAVE A WINKY SAD FACE BECAUSE I NEVER COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT IT EXPRESSED JUST LIKE THIS COMMENT, THERE YOU GO ;(
RainbowKitteh13 chapter 32 . 1/7/2016
gosh this kept me up late for 3 school nights. i loved it.
Frick6101719 chapter 32 . 9/25/2015
So I stayed up way too late for a student on two occasions because I was reading this, and as tired as I may have been the next day it wa totally worth it! A lot of other Inception fics I've read have made Ariadne into someone I didn't see her as, but I loved your characterization of her, and of the whole team really. No one was a clichéd version of their own character, they were all sincere and I loved it! Eames' betrayal broke my heart of course, because I adore him, but you did it in a way that made sense and fit the story. And redoing the Fische job was very cool too, all the twists and turns involved seemed really realistic and I certainly couldn't wait to see what would happen next :) for real, I LOVED the whole thing and am now about to creep your profile desperately hoping you've written something else in a field I know (and if not, that's okay too, writing is busy. I get ya)
Thank you so much for such an enjoyable story, and a great reason to miss some sleep :)
Much love,
Frick
ashley.rogers.946 chapter 32 . 7/25/2015
One of the best, most intense, educated, enthralling, tear-jerking fanfictions I have ever read. I cried when I got towards the end, (the climatic moment that happened with Arthur and Cobb that I don't want to spoil for other viewers' sakes). Literal tears while rocking back and forth - thank you for not ending it there. Thank you for such an amazing story, I am one of your biggest fans now. I adore you and your creativity, and I love that we are fellow Arthur/Ariadne shippers. I look forward to reading more creative writing in the future!
blabber-all-the-nonsense chapter 31 . 1/25/2014
Umm. Wow. No. Wow doesn't cut it. I don't think anything I have to say, or anything anyone has told you, give what you did here enough credit. I've read this once in one go, and then a second time just to get my mind around it. Now this, is what I would describe as pure creation. And yes, I stole that line. No, I'm not original.

However, you very much are. It was so well put together. Everything from the characters and their behaviours and personalties, the plot, the solid logistics of it all. You are, without a single doubt, a genious. If there was a sequel to Inception, I'd make this a movie. God, there wasn't even a single loophole in regards of what you wrote that I can comment on. I can only imagine seeing what you wrote on screen. Beautiful. Absloutely beautiful.
Kam74 chapter 32 . 1/20/2014
Holy cow, woman! I read this all in one day and I can't believe how much awesome has exploded out of the internet in this short time! Your story was so incredible, and- I have to admit- you totally fooled me with Arthur's death. I mean, I thought this was going to be one of those stories where he dies and Ariadne has to somehow find a way to get past all of that. I can't tell you how amazing it is that I was wrong. I had seriously picked up my laptop and paced around the room all like, "WHAT? He can't be dead! Is this for real?" Agh, it was stressful, but I had to read on to see if I was wrong, and I'm so grateful that I was. This totally reminds me of Sherlock though (do you watch that too?) and I loved every second of it! I'm a huge fan of your writing! This was so bloody incredible!
teensontheplayground chapter 32 . 6/19/2013
I still can't believe that they never forgave Eames and even actually shot his legs instead of finding a better alternative! He was only trying to protect them and do what was best. Also I can't believe that Ariadne still wants to go into the Dreamworld after that haha I'd be super messed up
But this was such a great fic, I honestly wish they'd make a sequel like this :D
chatterpeach chapter 32 . 4/11/2013
You know, I read this story in one go, I just can’t stop my self from reading it! You’re absolutely amazing. Your characters are so true to their nature. I can imagine Arthur being a difficult person, and your Arthur fit that image perfectly. Great job :)
Karpalo chapter 21 . 4/11/2013
Great work! I really liked the way you paint out the world of Inception. Unfortunately, I have to point out that Jack Daniels is a globaly known brand, so the part of Adriana wondering how Cobb got a hold of such a bottle bugs me a lot. For example, I myself am from Finland and Jack Daniels is nothing new... Quite popular poison of choise, actually. ;)
Still, I definitely like your work.
IConcurVehemently chapter 32 . 3/29/2013
Hi!

I don't know if you remember me, but I started reading this story when you first put it online. Now, over two years later, I'm back to finish it. Your writing is still absolutely amazing. Thank you thank you thank you for this wonderful story!

And THANK YOU for not making Eames the real bad guy! :)

Vehe
Jayy chapter 32 . 3/19/2013
I really hope you write another story in this fandom. Your characterizations are amazing. I think you have one of my favorite Eames I've read. He has a dark side but he's still loyal and tries to do what is right. I adore the relationship between Ariadne and Arthur. Yusuf is wonderful and you gave him some great lines, instead of just leaving him a bland side character.
Felix02 chapter 9 . 3/4/2013
Oh goodness, I love how stoic but affectionate Arthur is and how she just rolls with the flow but at the same time doesn't let him or anyone decide what her decisions will be.
DevynQ chapter 4 . 2/19/2013
This is by far the best Inception fanfic I've read! I love the plot, and the character's personalities in your writing are astonishingly similar to the personalities in the movie. Great job!