Reviews for Beautiful, Broken
Emmanuelle Nathan chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
The pain of the living wounded is so visceral here. Yet within the despair and self imposed loneliness we really feel Jasper's slow exposure to a dynamic and insightful Edward, and of course hope...

Thank you for sharing. Fantastic.

EN
ickaren chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Very beautiful, as always. You make angst beautiful, as Edward made ruins beautiful art.
sessahhh chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
I'm not sure how you manage to write so beautifully when the text is almost entirely severe angst that just rips out your heart and spits on it. And yet it reads like poetry. It takes pages to realize what the seeds you planted in the beginning will materialize into. I am always amazed by your words.

My most favorite passage: "Much like I did his body, I take an infinite amount of time to simply breathe them in, inhaling with my eyes a vision of the world that bears no resemblance to the one that I have seen and yet which matches it perfectly."
TwilightCougar1 chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Amazing...I am verklempt and awestruck...a piece of art..
Kixa12 chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
That was very beautiful and well written. I am in awe. Thank you for sharing your talent
voyanisen chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Very beautiful; almost poetic, it was so lyrical. Amazing imagery, and very sensual. I started reading it, forgetting who the author was, but just from the lovely style, I had a feeling it was you. Thank you for the chance to read another one of your stories.
JakeDanielRoss chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Holy crap! I am sorry, I am usually more eloquent for a Masters Of English candidate, but you just blew me away and I have yet to recover my capabilities.

Outstanding writing! Kudos.
ECis4Me chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Really loved it. Thanks for sharing!

-Tyra
OnTheTurningAway chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Oh you write the damaged soul so, so well. I absolutely loved this. Your description of Essen and the monochromatic tones that pervaded the city made me think of so many places I've visited in Eastern Europe, with street after street of bland post-communist architecture and seemingly endless grey skies. It struck such a chord with me and made me feel Jasper's pain that much more deeply.

Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
MeiSun chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Intense and hopeful. Beautiful :)
SheSoODaZZled chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Very dark & different...I liked it a lot!
sweetp-1 chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Sigh. You do the broken angst beautiful so damn well. I am once again in awe.
vampireisthenewblack chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
This story is amazing. And I can't find any goddamn words that say what I'm feeling right now. It's definitely a bit of me :D
Ealasaid77 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
That was beautiful. It's tragic to think he is like this after that happened to him. I feel pity for that, not over what he looks like.

My uncle is an amputee as well, so I do understand some of it, if not all. Although, that never stopped him from doing a damn thing, as he said once he got over his pity party.
ICMezzo chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
I love your ability to write dark and broken. The thin rays of light, say for example a postcard with a date circled in please, stand out all the more brightly for it. You must teach me this skill. :)

Loved it, friend! -ICM