Reviews for The Consequences of Caring
KathyG chapter 1 . 7/7
There's just one thing that could use some explaining. In your Sherlock universe, Sherlock's been living at 221B Baker Street for some time, but in the series premiere, there are boxes of stuff scattered all over the living room that are waiting to be upacked. Would someone who's been living in a particular place for some time have a number of possessions still unpacked? Sometime, you might want to write a gapfiller explaining that, I'm thinking-if you're ever going to write Sherlock fanfiction again, that is.
KathyG chapter 2 . 6/21
I just love this story! I love the idea about Sherlock caring for John and trying to help him from the outset; at least, there is some evidence of that idea in the first episode, when Sherlock as good as admits that he forced John to run in order to cure his psychosomatic limp. I know it's been some time since you've last written a BBC Sherlock story, but I really hope that you'll write some more sometime.

Here's a plot bunny, if you ever decide to use it. How about a gapfiller based on the last scene of this chapter, in which Sherlock and John go to the rehabilitation center to pick up John's things after they have eaten? (In other stories, John's first home, before he becomes Sherlock's flatmate, is described as a bedsit; I'm assuming that in your Sherlock universe, the rehabilitation center has its own bedsits for its discharged soldiers.) Maybe you could describe what's going through Sherlock's mind as he's looking around the bedsit while John is gathering his things. What do you think? Would you be interested?
QueenNaberrie chapter 5 . 2/3
Very well thought out explanations. I loved all the behind-the-scenes conversations that were happening. It certaintly adds more depth to all the characters.
Countess Hargreaves chapter 5 . 8/26/2014
I really enjoyed your story, it's great to see Sherlock care about John. And its plausible that he would be able to cure everything about John Thanks for sharing!
TheVelvetRose 1120 chapter 5 . 8/21/2014
Loved this. well done :) I love how you write Sherlock and John. They're so in character! Good job.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/28/2014
this was great! thanks for writing!
seanaface chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
The last paragraph threw me...your timeline is tight so far but John hasn't met mycroft or killed the cabbie yet. Spent the next few paragrapgh being bothered about it so I came back to review. Other than that the story flows really well. Thank you for writing it!
Obscured Angel chapter 5 . 2/8/2014
Thank you so much for writing and posting this story. It's appreciated.
AmazingGrace36 chapter 5 . 1/27/2014
I thoroughly enjoy reading your work and love the stories that you bring to life.

Just one small comment: You go back and forth between saying Watson or Holmes and John or Sherlock. I find the inconsistency rather bothersome, and I personally find it near impossible to address either character by their last name. They've always been John and Sherlock in the series, and that's how I've always thought of them.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/5/2014
You really really need to work on your grammar, especially checking to make sure you have commas in the right places. You have a lot of run ons.

transitions are another issue.

This is a remarkable story and I Absolutely loved reading it.
librarywitch chapter 5 . 12/17/2013
Sherlock would so approach this problem exactly this way. So well done and perfect.
64teeth chapter 5 . 11/19/2013
amazing story :)
Xin0Lan chapter 5 . 9/15/2013
I love this one! Quite intriguing delving into the life of John. Sherlock does care for him.
Hummingbird2 chapter 5 . 9/14/2013
I absolutely adore these two! That was a truly wonderful series, thank you.
Louey06 chapter 5 . 7/6/2013
What a great story. i love how Sherlock did everything so slyly. trying to save joh withut John knowing he was being saved. I also liked how confused he was on things like how t comfprt someone after a nightmare. This was a great story, it rally showed the connection that John and Sherlock share. well done!