Reviews for The Consequences of Caring
catch-the-snow x chapter 5 . 5/17/2012
heyy :) sorry for the really short review, but i just wanted to let you know that your characterization was spot on, and your plot was interesting and funny and sweet all at the same time :P

i loved it!
Ecri chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
It had been my intention to review each chapter of this story as I read it, but I got so wrapped up in it, so sucked in to the world you'd created that I forgot all about that.

This was a lovely story. You've captured both characters so perfectly. Sherlock's desires to help combined with his actual difficulty in relating to normal people was endearing and sweet in its way. John's frustration, strength and vulnerability-though he didn't want to admit to that or any sort of weakness-was brilliant.

I love the characters and I think you've done an amazing job with them.
Ecri chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
You certainly have these characters down! This could all be dialogue from the series. Getting into Sherlock's head was really well done! Fab!
lilsammywinchester chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
I jut want to hug them :)
JunebugXD chapter 5 . 4/4/2012
I really REALLY enjoyed reading this fanfic! Soooooo good! I felt it filled in the holes between episodes really well, and in a way that I would have imagined it happening. Great job! Thanks for the fun read!
CryptoSquirrel chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
That's a really nice insight into John's mind, and the ending was very funny :) Thanks!
CryptoSquirrel chapter 4 . 3/9/2012
"He really must be quite concerned about his new friend. And that in Mycroft's opinion was a more heroic achievement on Dr Watson's part than anything he had achieved during his military career." -Awwwww :)
CryptoSquirrel chapter 3 . 3/9/2012
Oh, this was so sweet. Sherlock's "experiments" where he outsmarts John into taking painkillers and whatnot... I like it! Seems quite realistic. And the aloe plant... Gah! I love when people write that side of Sherlock. It's not that he's not nice or doesn't have feelings. He's just very judicious about who's allowed past his wall, and since it's John, he's got to be particularly secretive about being nice.

Thanks for sharing :)
CryptoSquirrel chapter 2 . 3/9/2012
This story is amazing!

"John, you don't mind if I call you John, do you?"

How many times had he been asked that? Their well meaning kindness stripping away both the rank he had worked so hard to earn and the medical qualifications he had studied so long to achieve in one fell swoop.

I never thought of this! That's a really excellent point! Thanks for bringing it up.

"Very good, Lestrade, you should be a detective," -Yes. Excellent.
Lil chapter 5 . 2/19/2012
It was a lot of fun to read this. It was very in character and quite moving at times. Thanks for writing.
gina g chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
this was brilliant! just brilliant!i could see it all happening like i was watching the series!i will be watching out for other fics by you!:):):):):)
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 5 . 1/12/2012
Beautiful, just beautiful!
Jane Mays chapter 5 . 1/7/2012
Great story; I really enjoyed the ways that Sherlock gradually 'fixed' John so that he was as he should be before being shot. I also liked how Sherlock was surprised by John and how that motivated him to keep going.
thesunwillshineclear chapter 5 . 11/23/2011
"Cocoa?" Put this big, goofy grin on my face :) It was perfect ending.
SongSwifteye chapter 5 . 10/11/2011
This is fantastic. The characters practically jump off the page. I love that you use pieces from the series, and throw in extra information, extra dialogue, extra texting that wouldn't have been out of place in the episode.

All in all I'm extremely impressed. Your story is well written. You keep up a great pace throughout - I was surprised when I reached the end and realized that I'd read through five chapters. There are a few misspellings and grammatical errors, but not nearly enough to detract from how brilliant this is. If you do get time to go back and fix some of them, this will easily be one of the best stories available in fandom thus far, I am certain.

Thank you for writing this.

-Song