Reviews for Brief and Troubled Encounters
laloga chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Greatly enjoyed this! It's good to see a little of Sherlock's human side explored; he does have one, he's just terribly adept at ignoring it most of the time. ;)

I liked how you handled his take on sex and romance - he's interested, but in a sort of distant, calculating way, and he doesn't generally seek companionship. As far as "the Woman" is concerned, I do think that Irene affected him more than he would let on, but I don't think that they would work out "for real," so I like how you approached that final scene, with him not really expecting anything more than a brief moment of passion, but acknowledging that he understands why people want to pair off.

Great work! :)
Francesca Wayland chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I really liked all of this! The observation of Sherlock knowing something cognitively and feeling it (a woman's beauty), was a great touch, and the last paragraph was perfection. You described Irene Adler and how he would feel perfectly! And I agree that because she is finally sort of his equal, he can feel how other, ordinary people might feel in general. And he "knew" it and "felt" it. Fantastic :)
raindrop13 chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
I liked it a lot! Great balance, nice style. I liked the chronolgy. The only ything I'd change was a bit more description, but overall a fantastic story.
Malin-Pedersen chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
I really liked this one cause its kind of like him evolving into that side of himself, almost like that instinct is finally catching up with his actual age lol
rememberedenx3 chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Oh, usually I don't care for 5 time, 1 time stories, but this was great!
oodhavethoughtit chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
this is good! and so sweet and interesting. and unigue, too. i really like reading those 5 times and 1 fics, but they are so rare for the sherlock fandom. and i really want to write something like this, so this has inspired me, very muchly! thankyou!
mahjong90mulan chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
i love the whole Irene Adler thing! you should write more...
umbuby chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Gah! How can you say this is no good? It's amazing! I really wanna write something like this now... Awesome Job!
uhmm chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Aww, no it was perfect and typical of Sherlock! Very good job - well done.
Reuben deFlash chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Clever idea - I said to my friend the other day 'Do you think Sherlock is a virgin?'

Nice touch with Adler at the end; it's nice to see someone stick to the books.
Miss Gypsy Willow chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Aw goodness I think this is one of my favourite Sherlock fic's I've read to date. You captured everything so well and the last one with Irene was just so wonderful. I really enjoyed this.

xD
Siibi chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Irene/Sherlock always epic

:D

great one
Lovable Loner chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
I love it that you put Irene as the one he did feel cause I was hoping you would! I'm a huge Irene/Sherlock fan. I also have to agree with GhibliGirl91, it's good to know not everyone thinks Sherlock is a monk! I really liked the little snippets and think it's a job well done!
veritas-curat chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Very nice. I like the short, poignant little snippets of his life, lovely insight. Though heads up, the title is misspelled. Would be a shame for someone to pass this over just because of simple typo.
GhibliGirl91 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Yum Irene! I will always squeal if she is in a fic. I can't wait for her to be in the show - as she inevitably will be.

And its reassuring to know that not everyone thinks Sherlock is a monk.