Reviews for Stay Cool
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
So I thought this was really well done. The way you take Action from trying to calm down, to questioning the point in that, to just giving up, is great. Especially since it's not only his thoughts that more or less accelerate, it's his actions, too (walking, kicking, throwing rocks, screaming, fighting, and finally running because he can't do anything else). In the same way, the repetition of "Stay cool" was effective both in an aesthetic, rhythmical sense, and as a way into Action's head. Not only is it narrative, but you can actually hear him repeating it to himself, wondering how he can possibly do that. It works especially well in a story of this length, which is perfect for what you're trying to say, by the way. Long enough to get the point across, but short enough to make it memorable. Thanks for writing this! :)
Aubrey.Jean.Scott chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Hey! This is great! I love how you seem to KNOW the character of Action. Personally I'm not a very big fan of this explosive character. But now I think I've found a common ground with him. We BOTH hate Tony!
lovelylittleflowerchild chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
VIRTUAL CEREAL! okay, FOCUS: That was uber good! It has Action's edgyness shining bright and clear. But why does Action have to hate Tony? hehehe, mucho good!