Reviews for Rain
alix33 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
“Her cotton, long-sleeved black shirt was soaked, along with her old pair of blue jeans, and her feet were bare, toes digging into the wet grass.” – Even casual and in the rain, she is a snappy dresser, like Abby said in that episode we all reckon did not happen.
SarahShalomDavid chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Loved it! - Very well written, amazing storyline and awesome pairing!
HesMines chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Okay, I did read it - I just didn't review. Silly Nikki!

Anywho, Snow was a perfect companion to this :) Even though Snow was darker I think, I think this style fits Jenny better. Gibbs knows what he lost, she didn't - well she did she'd just never experienced it in the way he had. But, I'm rambling. I love how she was sitting out in the rain. You'd think it would be cliched but it didn't come across that way. How she diferentiates between 'herself' and the 'facade' was interesting, I didn't think she'd see herself as two different entities.

The last line was quite haunting if I'm honest (but in a good way) although that may be something to do with the fact I just caught up on Broken...

Oh yeah, the review reply did make sense :) I didn't think of it like that. And that song you mentioned by Adele in one of the ANs, Set Fire to the Rain, is amazing :) I can normally take or leave Adele but I quite like this one!
AliyahNCIS chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
to make up for an oversight ;) aww...can't believe I didn't review this before. I really do love it. The description is so great, I can totally see everything. I love...well, not sitting in the rain, but walking in it. A few years ago there was this crazy rainstorm at the beach where a bunch of us were hanging out. Great big huge drops of water and it was fairly warm too. One of my best friends and I just stood there for like, 15 minutes in the rain together. It's a favourite memory :) But, I digress...hehe.

I love that Jenny is sitting in her backyard in the rain, that's just so un-Director like that it fits her. And I love her thoughts about Paris, so cute. lol at how she talks as if Director Shepard is a completely separate person. :( really sad that she thinks she'll never be happy.

wish she'd let Gibbs know how she feels, because deep down we all know he feels the same way. love the moment in the alley, so them. carefree and in love in Paris *sigh*. i wish she wasn't crying but at least she's not keeping everything inside all the time.

so glad Gibbs found her in the backyard and I'm sure her answer surprised him. her observation about rain making her feel is very interesting and insightful. because as Director she doesn't really get the chance to feel anything.

just like in 'Snow' I wish there'd been more but real life rarely gets wrapped up that neatly. Really well done, definitely one of my favourite one-shots, even if it is angsty :) thanks!
JibbsGal1 chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
This was really bittersweet and fabulously angsty! Loved it!
Levana Fay chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Poor girl. That was really sad, but quite beautiful. The end was so promising, it was almost like you had let your happy-endingness run away with you and then reigned it in at the last moment. Me wants more happiness... but for a bittersweet piece it was perfect. I love the way you described the rain and how it was the only way she could feel. That didn't worry me, the fact she realised she should be worried but then suppressed it did, lol.
quibilah chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
I loved this story, it was done very well, and I am hoping that you add another chapter to it, maybe about Jen and Jethro's talk, or something like that. It is very good the way it is, but I feel like there should be more to it...anyways, excellent job, and I hope to read more from you.

Quibilah
la-the dreary puppett chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Loved it, wonderful job!
whatsnext267 chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
So good. It gave me goosebumps. Very good description of Jenny.
ExLibris3 chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Very beautiful! I love the rain, and it's been raining all day here :)
Jethro's Jen chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Sad but satisfying. Does that make sense?

Jethro's Jen
MissJayne chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Loved it! Beautiful.
Telain of Lorien chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Oooooo I like the story write should do another chapter :D
Glentime chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
In one or two instances I was bothered about word repetitions, you know, she sighs alot. Apart from that beautifully written. The right details in the right places. Good job.
abrad45 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
You do a wonderful job conveying the feeling of longing for someone 100% of the time you're not with them. Makes you wonder why anyone ever acts that way at all, doesn't it?

Great job, powerful writing.