Reviews for FATE: Holy Grail War of 2814
DemonRaily chapter 16 . 2/26/2011
Such a shame that it ends, it's so deserves a sequel!

And by any means, in the end with Shirou, was it actually Saber alter?
Gundum M chapter 16 . 2/26/2011
nice ending. Was lmao at much of it.
Ryuus2 chapter 16 . 2/25/2011
Firstly, thanks for the forum link. I’ll keep an eye on it when I can, but I usually barely make time to actually read and review fanfiction, what with all the other crap I distract myself with.

As for Kiritsugu, after much studying of the TypeMoon Wiki, here is my take:

The Contender is of simple enough construction that even Shirou should be able to trace it, given he ever encountered it or were to encounter it in a memory like he did Caladbolg and the Jeweled Sword of Zelretch. As for the Origin Bullets, he’s confirmed to have used 37 before the Fourth War and set aside 12 for during it. That leaves no less than 7 bullets unused, and likely one is carried by him for emergency purposes, since paranoid mercenaries never stop being paranoid, even if they stop taking contracts.

If it came down to it, he could always just make another one.

As it’s not stated he ever lost his Thaumaturgical Crest, what he had of it at least, he still has his Innate Time Control ability, and with people able to trace Avalon within easy reach of him he has little need to worry about the physical damage the technique would cause. Though on the topic of the Emiya crest, I wonder what the Association has been up to with the time-manipulating crest still present on Norikata Emiya’s corpse?

Another possibility is that by using the Kaleido Sticks ability to download an alternate self’s knowledge he could download the full crest from a version of himself who inherited it all, thus becoming a Time Lord or suitable DC equivalent for time manipulators. There might even be some ties to the Speed Force considering his personal application of the crest.

Secondly, Awesomely incredibly level-takingly trope-spammingly breath-stealingly great End! I laughed, I coughed, I cheered, I re-read to keep the jokes fresh, I got ideas. Everything I hoped for with the conclusion and more. Now you just need to rinse, wash, and repeat with Nanoha and you can finally move on to the opening rounds of the Corps. Wars, and eventually to the penultimate battles of the Darkest Night and aftermath of Brightest Day.

Wait a sec, Archer was playing?-! That means…he wasn’t really an anti-hero! The jerk was just screwing with everyone! He’s really a version of Shirou that was able to fulfill his dream of becoming a hero of justice! And you left us all to believe he was the dark alter when he was really the goof who grew into an experienced badass!

On the matter of Archer…7? And two doubles? …Rin, Saber, Luvia, Sakura, Illya, Saber Alter, and Kuro. I’m only sure about half of them, rounding down, and you’ve already revealed two of those so I’m pretty much grasping at straws and hoping you’re keeping the grouping in-series.

On that track, Shirou pactioing with Luvia was the third biggest surprise of the chapter, right behind Hayate showing up at #1 and Rider coming out of the Hero-of-Justice closet at #2, and preceding Dark Archer’s broken UBW at #4 and Saber trying to pactio with Rin at #5. That the pactio is basically a cheat code for his reality marble is no surprise at all. It definitely solves the problem of him being too weak to activate UBW on his own. I wonder though, will Rin let him run around using a pactio made with her rival, without making one of her own?

Exactly which gods has Hayate made cry? No seriously, which ones?

I wonder how hard Kuro is gonna celebrate when she realizes in hindsight that Archer and Hayate were arguing about copies of people counting, and that she happens to be a copy of a person? A copy of a person, two of which Shirou will eventually sleep with, with?

Now for comments regarding the epilogue:

I remember something about a Dresden and Prince detective agency back when Kuro was wearing white. I also remember the only DC character that uses the surname Prince, I think, had the given name Diana…and used bondage to make people tell the truth…

Sakura can still use Magia Erebea? And has at least fragments of Negi and Nanoha’s skill sets? She’s less broken, yeah, but still…but then again, she still needs to master her inner demon, which considering your style, will probably be more akin to a succubus than the berserk beast that Negi’s is.

Sigh. Ya know, I’m kinda getting tired of all the silent background manipulations. They kinda make everything feel…staged? I don’t know. It’s just a feeling I suppose.

Keep up the *insert first line of third paragraph* work!

P.S. this is the longest review I have ever posted. Ever.
bakapervert chapter 16 . 2/24/2011
Thanks for the update.
shanejayell chapter 16 . 2/24/2011
Oooh, very nice! :)
A Wandering Jedi chapter 16 . 2/24/2011
Ok, fine, I'm finally reviewing again! I mean to do it! After every chapter! I'm an avid fan, really!

...I'm just incredibly lazy.

Enough about me, let's talk about you and this here fic, yo.

This is the last chapter? What? WHAT? But! But but but what! What's happening to Saber? *Shakes* Has she got a real body? Has the time loop she's caught in done stuff? Argh you just left her lying there what's going onnnnn...

*Ahem* I'm assuming you'll get to that in due time. Rest of the fic review!

Let's see here. Fun battle, lots of awesome scenes, nice work all around... hm. "Pactio circles only work once"?

*Looks at the manga*

*Looks back at the fic*

*Raises eyebrow*

...I suppose a case can be made that *proper* pactios have only ever been one at a time, though that Kiss chase scene during the Koyoto arc makes things rough for you. Fine, you just squeak by there. Don't think anyone wanted Saber running about at that moment anyways.

Hm. Kirei didn't do much during this one. Granted, he didn't have to. It's not a flaw, but I'm slightly disappointed. Kirei screwing with the heroes makes him one of my favourite villains. I'll miss him!

All in all, much fun to read, thank you. I'll go add a few tropes to the page as a reward, how's about that? Looking forward to whatever happens next in the 2814 verse!
Sorakage Sama chapter 16 . 2/24/2011
That was an amazing chapter; pure and simple. That argument between caster and archer was the funniest part yet. From Shiro/Archer accusing her of being omnisexual to Kuro going into nasal discharge orbit upon hearing her oni-chan's apparently gonna become a manwhore. This was epic in every way. I can't wait until your next update, because of all those tantalizing glimpses of what's to come.

Ja ne

Sorakage Sama
Ergast chapter 16 . 2/24/2011
Well, a funny ending for a funny fic, that's for sure.

To be honest, I was expecting Shirou pulling his UBW, just for the completition of the collection of Reality Marbles XDDD.

Anyway, pretty spectacular. The Starlight Breaker was a given as the last attack. The White Devil needed to be referenced.

And bonus for all the references Archer does about the novel ("Oh, please," Archer said condescendingly. "The real goldenrod couldn't beat my output when I was alive. What makes you think you can?", anyone? What's funny is that Shirou not only beated Gilgamesh output in the Unlimited Blade Works route, he also beated Archer when they were inside Archer's UBW)

About me defending your honor, you are welcome (I asume you mean in Beast's lair. I talked about your fic there a few times)

About the UBW issues people keep complaining... well, this is a humorous fic, Sakura is broken, Kuro is the mix of Illya, Archer and a pervert, and Archer is Shirou, so I don't see the problem about this.

The reality marble per se don't turn the body into swords, thats just when Shirou lost the control (or when he needs it to survive a hit, and that didn't kill him nor damage him severely, just hurt him a little) The whole "UBW turn your body into a body of swords" it's just the reality marble being manifested into the body.

And as Shadow Crystal Mage said, Shirou can trace Avalon as he has a perfect record of the artifact. In fact, he can do it perfectly. The other projections aren't perfect because even Shirou can't get all the information about the artifact with just a sight. The whole "Greater than true magic" doesn't matter, the output needed and the record of the information does.
shinigamichild chapter 16 . 2/24/2011
*sniff* so many questions left unanswered...so much epicness! ITS SO BEAUTIFUL! How is Saber still there? I can understand Illya being able to support Berserker, but Saber?

Lol...One Woman Genocide...its so funny it took all my willpower not to laugh in class as i read this
gwonbush chapter 16 . 2/24/2011
And the Fifth Holy Grail War is complete! Also, SCM has completed another story. Shocking. Long live the walking spoilers of the JLAUMAJ, may their plan succeed and they live longer lives this time. Next in Nanoha of 2814 is the compeletion of the Tome of the Night Sky...?
shinigamichild chapter 12 . 2/13/2011
I just realized...since Sakura has the Tome of the Night Sky and whatever abilities Sakura has is because the book of darkness drained that person's linker core...when does Berserker get drained?
shinigamichild chapter 13 . 2/9/2011
Ok, so i'm reviewing for this chapter because i just finished watching nanoha A's and I have a few questions. plus, it adds reviews for you.

From your description of Caster from the 4th war, I'm guessing that she is a future Hayate (makes sense, I actually thought before that it was a sentient Tome of the Night Sky). I was wondering...if her copy was used to absorb the darkness of the grail during the 4th war, then why did the Book of Darkness in the current timeline have the corruption? Did Hayate find that timeline's copy or did she have her own copy when she was summoned?
fatcat chapter 15 . 2/1/2011
It's probably not a wise idea to have everybody using UBW. First of all, UBW isn't just a powerful spell, but a reflection of the soul. I doubt that Sakura's soul is about swords and Kuro's lines clearly don't represent UBW. Secondly, UBW only works if the body is willing to turn off all limitations on the body. That's important because UBW turns it's wielders into a body of swords. Emiya Shirou has shown throughout the series that he has no concept of self preservation and everybody else is right to say that Shirou is sick on the head. Just a tidbit of imformation for you just to let you know.

Also, no one can trace Avalon because it is an NP greater than true magic. The sheath gives imortality and invincibility, how is that not broken?
Turkey in a suit chapter 15 . 2/1/2011
I have fallen in love...
bakapervert chapter 15 . 1/30/2011
Awesome story, though I don't get many of the reference.
196 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »