Reviews for To Light Up A Room
Midnight Ghost chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Jessie's a lamp! :D
GalanthaDreams chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
I love the insight you seem to have. Jessie and Bo were portrayed excellently :)
infiniteirony chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
YAY! I liked this one a lot too: very nicely paced and good subject material. Also very in character, in my opinion. Shows exactly the type of thing we might expect in a "behind the curtain" peek between TS2 and TS3 D
twitterp4ted chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
This was sooo wonderful!

A story centered around the friendship between Bo and Jessie is really interesting and quite refreshing. I like how you explained how it came to be, rather than just saying they were automatically best friends like everyone else does. :)

Oh, and Jessie's actions toward Buzz was so perfect. I loved the whole thing, and that was a great touch to the ending. Bravo.
Loriot chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Any coherent review of this story would simply echo what has been said before. I truly love your writing style and this, perhaps, more realistic take on what Jessie/Buzz was like before the events of TS3.

(Oh, and I feel this must be pointed out again - the one-sided Buzz/Bo? Perfect! Also adore how secure Bo is with her relationship with Woody.)

So, thank you for sharing, and I look forward to more from you. :)
X's For Eyes chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
It's almost criminal that stories like this get three reviews while less subtle writings, often laden with trite narrative machinations, get thirty or more reviews. It's all about the character development, don'chaknow? I loved it. Everything from Jessie's carefully crafted tomboy front, to Bo's kind, yet unfazed reaction to it.

And whoa, you actually WENT THERE with Bo's attraction to Buzz! It was sort of a throwaway joke in the first movie when she half-jokingly says "I found MY moving buddy", and then waves her hand delicately in front of her face later, as if she were gettin' the vapors... Not to mention that kiss she gave Buzz which was oh-so-conveniently "intended for Woody" in the second movie. These were presented as simple swoony girl gags from the filmmakers, but you went somewhere further with it. At the same time, it's nice to see Bo Peep represented as being cognizant of her attraction to Buzz, without feeling the impulsive need to act upon it. Her heart belongs to Woody... but it never killed anyone to look, after all.

I like your clever title as well. For some reason, I feel compelled to beg for a second chapter, even though you've already tied everything up in a more than satisfactory fashion. So instead I'll just say "great job" and read it again. )
Jennifer Collins chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
This was fantastic! Very well thought out and well written! A definite fave!
dmwcool1 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Oh. My. Goodness. I love you.

Uh, I-I mean I love this st-story. Yeah. That's what I meant.

Seriously, though, you summarized their pre-Toy Story 3 relationship perfectly. I never really like it (OK, maybe I find some joy in it at times) where Jessie is all over Buzz and is basically screaming "I love you!" at him 24/7. This is a very nice breath of fresh air. Brava.
Rosie White chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Very intriguing! First of all, like your Jessie/Buzz fic, I love how you portrayed them here. I think Jessie would be very confused and unsure how to approach the situation! It wasn't instant hearts and rainbows.

Jessie and Bo's relationship has always been an interest of mine. Some fics they are best friends and others they don't like each other. I think you found a good middle ground here to work with. Bo DOES know a bit more than she let's on. It looks like Bo had a lot to offer Jessie even if she didn't realize it.

Anyway, I adored this. Sorry about the rambly! This was so well executed! Thanks for that!