Reviews for Just Beneath the Surface
Sandan1992 chapter 9 . 9/3/2010
Another good chapter, though I was a bit more curious about Zira than I was about the cubs. Great writing though, very exciting and well done!

Starzinmieyez chapter 8 . 9/1/2010
Uh-oh. I kinda HOPE that Zira was lying all along and that she's actually still evil. It would make the story much more interesting than if she really WAS good. Update.
viva chapter 8 . 8/31/2010
i love your story, keep going!
Sandan1992 chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
Good two chapters, Im still curious about Zira's true motives. It seems too easy to just want to be 'good' now. Also curious about the cubs. Patiently waiting for the next update!

Your Mom's A Wookie chapter 6 . 8/27/2010
Interesting. I like where this is going. It sucks that Kovu is to wrapped up in his mind to take the cub's hunting though. Poor Tanga :(.
Randomer of the UK chapter 6 . 8/26/2010
Ooooh... I love this story, it's diffrent, it's an exciting build up :)

Loves it n.n
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 6 . 8/25/2010
I feel sorry for Tanga. She feels her father doesn't have time. He does try to make the best effort possible, and maybe, just maybe Kovu will put everything aside for one day and spend time with his son and daughter, but with everything he has going on, everything a cub perhaps wouldn't understand, Kovu's ability and chance to keep a promise such as 'hunting with his children' is only easier said than done. Short chapter, a little sad on Tanga's part, but also good nonetheless.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 5 . 8/25/2010
For Simba to have a waning faith in Kovu, even after a year, is, in it's own way, normal. I mean, Kovu was sent to kill him and even though he didn't and married Simba's only daughter and is the father of Simba's grandchildren, it doesn't mean that the darkness in Kovu is gone for good. His heart and mind are still plagued by the past, just as Simba is still pained by the death of his father, Mufasa. Not only that but Kovu's scar, though it is healing, it doesn't change the fact that Kovu's markings are nearly similar to the markings of the late Scar. And Kovu's lie wasn't really a lie, just a half truth. With any luck Simba won't cuff him when he follows Kovu to the river gorge.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 4 . 8/25/2010
Kovu and Kiara's cubs are cute and sweet and it seems Kovu and Kiara love them very much. Not much to say here with this one other than it was easy and peaceful. Nice job.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 3 . 8/25/2010
Many, including myself, have speculated whether Zira survived her fall in the river or died. I am surprised to see that you have allowed her to survive and not only that, but watch over the Pridelands and see her grandchildren from a distance and watching Kovu as he walks along the river's side. But now that she has appeared to him and has told him what she wants, I can understand Kovu's deep anger and even deeper hesitance, but something tells me he will comply with his mother's wish and bring Simba, but I also have a feeling that this confrontation won't be easy.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 2 . 8/25/2010
Well, just because things are alright in Simba's heart doesn't mean his mind is at peace. These nightmares of his must mean something. Another good chapter. Very nice.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Good beginning. I have to say, it's not the kind of beginning one sees in a TLK 3 fanfic, but there has to be a new type of a beginning, even if it's something like this. I don't know where you're headed with this, and though this is just the prologue, I find myself liking this quite a bit. Kovu seeing the shadow was rather scary, but, that too, is something new to read. Good work so far.
Sandan1992 chapter 6 . 8/24/2010
I'm hoping that Kovu WONT trick Simba into meeting Zira, but then again, but I really can't see any other way for it to go and still have a good conflict. I'm sure you'll find a way to do it well. My one minor complaint is the shortness of the chapters. I just feel like the shorter ones could have been part of the previous one if you just used a divider; but that's just my own peev. As I said before, your writing is very good so don't change any of that. I just get a little disappointed when I expect a longer chapter but only get to read a few hundred words. Great story, update soon!

Sandan1992 chapter 3 . 8/24/2010
Good start to a story that I'm really liking so far. The grammar, spelling, and everything is superb, so I'll stick to just commenting on the plot. I'm curious to see if Kovu is going to be honest with Simba, (with whatever happened), or if he's going to try to trick him to meet Zira. I'll just keep reading I think.

239 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16