Reviews for Just Beneath the Surface
Starzinmieyez chapter 11 . 9/7/2010
Grrrr. Kovu's hiding his dirty secret. I know I said I wouldn't carry on reading, but I really wanna see the rest of the pride find out what Kovu's been hiding, and the see him getting the crap beaten out of his arse. lol update.
Sandan1992 chapter 10 . 9/7/2010
Well... uh... wow. When the summary said that Kovu would try to hide his mistake, I thought that you meant some big mistake that he did when he was young... like killed Chaka or something... Not that he let Simba die. This really caught me by surprise, good job. A lot of people hate it when writers do stuff like this because 'you can't kill simba' or 'Zira's too old' or whatever, but I can appreciate your plot for what it is. Wherever you are going to take this, I'll be reading.

Starzinmieyez chapter 10 . 9/6/2010
ARGH! I HATE YOU! YOU'VE RUINED YOUR STORY! WHY KILL SIMBA? EVERYONE DOES THAT? WHY NOT KILL SOMEONE ELSE? I hope that Kovu was just mistakenn and that Simba lives. Or else I'll stop reading this story and I'm sure many other people will feel the same. Good day to YOU.
Rhonda Petrie chapter 9 . 9/4/2010
This is a really great story so far; I'm surprised that Zira actually came back and is now begging for forgiveness. I don't know if she's just being unusually clever by playing the vulnerable one or something or what if she was actually hiding her motives and is secretly planning to kill Simba and overthrow the pride? Who knows? I can't wait for more updates.
Sandan1992 chapter 9 . 9/3/2010
Another good chapter, though I was a bit more curious about Zira than I was about the cubs. Great writing though, very exciting and well done!

Starzinmieyez chapter 8 . 9/1/2010
Uh-oh. I kinda HOPE that Zira was lying all along and that she's actually still evil. It would make the story much more interesting than if she really WAS good. Update.
viva chapter 8 . 8/31/2010
i love your story, keep going!
Sandan1992 chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
Good two chapters, Im still curious about Zira's true motives. It seems too easy to just want to be 'good' now. Also curious about the cubs. Patiently waiting for the next update!

Your Mom's A Wookie chapter 6 . 8/27/2010
Interesting. I like where this is going. It sucks that Kovu is to wrapped up in his mind to take the cub's hunting though. Poor Tanga :(.
Randomer of the UK chapter 6 . 8/26/2010
Ooooh... I love this story, it's diffrent, it's an exciting build up :)

Loves it n.n
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 6 . 8/25/2010
I feel sorry for Tanga. She feels her father doesn't have time. He does try to make the best effort possible, and maybe, just maybe Kovu will put everything aside for one day and spend time with his son and daughter, but with everything he has going on, everything a cub perhaps wouldn't understand, Kovu's ability and chance to keep a promise such as 'hunting with his children' is only easier said than done. Short chapter, a little sad on Tanga's part, but also good nonetheless.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 5 . 8/25/2010
For Simba to have a waning faith in Kovu, even after a year, is, in it's own way, normal. I mean, Kovu was sent to kill him and even though he didn't and married Simba's only daughter and is the father of Simba's grandchildren, it doesn't mean that the darkness in Kovu is gone for good. His heart and mind are still plagued by the past, just as Simba is still pained by the death of his father, Mufasa. Not only that but Kovu's scar, though it is healing, it doesn't change the fact that Kovu's markings are nearly similar to the markings of the late Scar. And Kovu's lie wasn't really a lie, just a half truth. With any luck Simba won't cuff him when he follows Kovu to the river gorge.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 4 . 8/25/2010
Kovu and Kiara's cubs are cute and sweet and it seems Kovu and Kiara love them very much. Not much to say here with this one other than it was easy and peaceful. Nice job.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 3 . 8/25/2010
Many, including myself, have speculated whether Zira survived her fall in the river or died. I am surprised to see that you have allowed her to survive and not only that, but watch over the Pridelands and see her grandchildren from a distance and watching Kovu as he walks along the river's side. But now that she has appeared to him and has told him what she wants, I can understand Kovu's deep anger and even deeper hesitance, but something tells me he will comply with his mother's wish and bring Simba, but I also have a feeling that this confrontation won't be easy.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 2 . 8/25/2010
Well, just because things are alright in Simba's heart doesn't mean his mind is at peace. These nightmares of his must mean something. Another good chapter. Very nice.
243 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 Next »