Reviews for Blindsided
jane chapter 21 . 8/11
I really liked your story.I was sad...you owe me a box of Kleenix,lol...it was happy and really show what a true friend will for you.I really like the way you
MidwestDreamer chapter 21 . 7/29
I'm not sure how I missed this story...but am certainly glad I discovered it, even if belatedly!

Your characterizations were spot on in this, and I especially liked that you didn't have Tony face something so life changing with stoic acceptance. I found his reactions completely believable, as were the emotions and actions/reactions of those around him, both interacting with him and trying to come to grips with what had happened.

Although this highlighted the father/son bond between Gibbs and Tony, there were many superb moments between the other characters as well. I have always appreciated, in canon, the way that Ducky will stand up to Gibbs if necessary, and you brought that out wonderfully in this story. With the doctors unable to confirm Tony's prognosis, that fine line between hope and acceptance was drawn, and both Tony and Gibbs seemed unwilling, at least initially, to accept that Tony's blindness would be anything other than temporary. Having Ducky be the one to essentially ground both of them in reality made a lot of sense, as he understood things from the medical perspective...but could also draw on his unique friendships with both men in an attempt to make them see that Tony needed to learn to deal with his blindness regardless of whether it proved to be short term or permanent.

I also liked that it was Ziva's actions that led to Tony's injuries. It made sense to me that she would disregard his direct order because, in my own view of their relationship in canon, I never saw "Tiva." Rather, despite their friendship and partnership, I always sensed that Ziva thought was better than- or certainly *knew* better than- Tony. (Although I have no doubt that the legion of Tiva shippers were happy when it was revealed at the end of S13 that the two had, in fact, consummated things, I saw Ziva's decision to keep Tali a secret as yet another instance of her deciding that she knew what was best for Tony, rather than allowing him to make his own decisions.) Touching on the tensions between them following Rivken's death and Ziva's time in Somalia added a lot to this story since, although what happened to Tony was an accident, it was one that could have been avoided had Ziva not given in to her own hubris. The different reactions of the various team members and of Vance were understandable and provided a great subplot to the story. (I really enjoyed the verbal smackdowns Ziva received from both Vance and Gibbs, as they seemed likely and genuine, given the circumstances.)

Your OCs were also fantastic. Mrs. Cantrell, in particular, gave us some much needed levity in the face of so many emotional moments...and I always love stories in which Tony's neighbors see a side of him that those who never look behind his frat boy mask would ever suspect.

This was brilliantly crafted from start to finish, and I enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you for sharing it!
5bumz22 chapter 1 . 4/22
felt everything emotion possible while reading this. kudos again!
AlaskanFan chapter 21 . 2/12
Good job dealing with a very sensitive subject. Enjoyed the story, too.
Guest chapter 21 . 9/20/2016
You mentioned this was a repost of someone else, but it sure has a signature of you. Absolutely great. Well done.
Guest chapter 7 . 4/21/2016
McGeePalmeramazing comedy duo. I laughed my way through the second half of this chapter. Great job! "Poetry in motion..." I laughed so hard.
Smile Back chapter 21 . 1/10/2016
I did like your story :)
Thanks for posting it !
AriesReign chapter 21 . 9/28/2015
Loved the research that went into this story. The writing was immersive and the characters had real emotional depth.
Guest chapter 7 . 4/10/2015
Oh, this was so much fun - love the two of them dong their (inimitable) best for Tony...
Holly70sgirl chapter 21 . 4/6/2015
Love this story!
Nyteflyer35 chapter 21 . 12/3/2014
I for one am extremely grateful you had an overwhelming desire for a happy ending, I loved this fic, thanks for sharing :)
M. Louise E chapter 21 . 10/30/2014
I love this story. Very well written. :D
IsoldeAhlstrom chapter 21 . 6/17/2014
Yay! Tony can see again! I loved it! You are an excellent writer!
cindythechef chapter 21 . 3/5/2014
This was so awesome :) So well written and a really impressive story. GREAT JOB :)
Lenora chapter 21 . 1/3/2014
I know it's been four years since this has been written, but can I just say well done! This has to be the best NCIS fic I've ever read. Or maybe the best fic overall! Thank you so much for writing this. The characters were perfect, especially Gibbs and tony. I love their relationship in this, I cried and laughed and beamed with joy throughout the story. Just, gah, thank you, again. You are beautifully brilliant!