Reviews for if it is born in flames
AngelRuby235 chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
I guess by ds time I should've known that almost all your fics are wrapped up in beauty...& now here am I completely at my wits' end without having any single words to review ds fic...btw I had to google The great fire of Smyrna before reading ds you know?:-) Sooo umm...I gotta thank you for ds little bit of history lesson...quite a tragic massacre I must say.
Ds fic was superb & a *Beautiful* story speaking not only about the absurdity of wars but also how the brighter aspects of life like optimism,dreams & love triumph over grief...apart from ds what I liked even more was how you intertwined Herakles & Kiku's fate in relation to ds event. Also their naming each other at the end of the story which marked the beginning of their life anew was the final touch to perfection of ds fic. I can't thank you enough for ds...just remember you're one of my favourite Hetalia authors of all times. You are FABULOUS!
Chicary chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
I cannot express how beautiful this story is. Your language is utterly captivating and the flow seems effortless. I loved how, although AU, it resonates so much of their canon characters. I found myself tearing up at some parts as well. Thank you for your effort, I'll remember this one for awhile.
dratinigirl chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
Dear lord, this is a fantastical fic. I absolutely adore your language, attention to history- the description of Kiku's emotion's and Heracles' tone as he told the stories. Oh, the stories! I was completely absorbed by the tales of the Greek and Japanese gods. I may draw something for this
Ceri Moriarty chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
This is amazing.

Really, truly, amazing.

A couple typos, but nothing that really interfered with communication. :D Although you did mix up the names once, right before Herakles was named—you called him Herakles before Kiku named him.

I really enjoyed reading this! Absolutely wonderful work!
ideletedmessagesbcihatehets chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
My lord that was a magnificent read.

Beautifully structured and written. :)
crescit eundo chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
hkhdkjhfkjhdkjfhdjkf

perfection. that's all i can say.
jaderaid chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
This. This was absolutely fantastic. I admit, I was a little thrown by the names at first, but I believed you when you said it would make sense and OMAI it did. 3 I am speechless right now. I love how you used the history of both nations to form the human characters like this, the little details like the rocking of the ship I just skdaskjdaskjks I am so incoherent with joy right now. This was wonderful~
mooglestookmyheart chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
i have to admit i was quite relucant before reading it, what all with Smyna and me being a Greek. you know my grandmother was a child back then. we used to own a house in Smyrna. i'm afraid i will have to correct you in this; it wasn't a fire, it was a persecution. some kind of reveng, i guess, after Greek's loss at Turkey's capital. i don't mean to say that we, the Greeks, were saints. it was war and no one leaves unharmed. but that fact that they attacked and killed unarmed civilians, women and children is something difficult to accept. that and the genocite of the Greeks of Ponte is a sore subject for us.

anyway, i didn't mean to start babbling. about the story, i really liked it. i loved that you mentioned the myth about the two headed humans, it's one of my favorites. i really liked it, good job XD
Inukie Koji chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
That was so auesome!The best AU I've ever read. You picked a somewhat serious setup and took it very seriously and made an absolutely irresistable romance out of it! Everyone is quite in character

The singular imperfection is why Honda would be in shipping if he was raised with education, but he's a captain so its sidestepped. Please write more, if its half as good as this it'll still be great
Oxigide chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Wow...I truly am speechless. This was very beautiful. You captured every detail with such precision, it blew me away. Im very glad you took the time to create such a wonderful piece of writing. Good luck on all your future works.
Tamer Lorika chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Bloody hell its YOU. I... I WOW. I was absolutely blown away on the kink meme - I left you a message, I remember, but it must not have been very coherent because I'm just... THIS THING thank you for de-anon-ing because I loved this so so much...