Reviews for Garden
Sleix chapter 20 . 11/23/2014
Yes. I hadn't thought about it deeply but god cannon is depressing. *cough* moving on.
So I'm now starting my attempt to review all the stories of yours I've binge read(SOme more then once... and twice) So I'll just sum it all up here rather then going back chapter by chapter.

You really got me badly first read though, I knew something was up but I couldn't pin it down leading to a reaction of something like "WUT A TWIST", the best part was reading the chapters before the reveal it was all supported and built up to. Mademesohappy

I really enjoyed this work as a whole, something about it.. despite the strange kinda iffy morals behind the situation was somehow appealing because I did just come off of relearning how depressing cannon actually is. Not to mention the interesting but still ..twisted way everyone played out was literally the neatest thing I've read in a while. I also enjoyed Zero and Axl a lot, Zero for his interesting mix of issues and interesting internal dialogue throughout and Axl cause your rendition of him was like a really precocious alien baby..he is rather bizarre in the most amazing way possible. I'm not great at putting this kind of thing together after the fact like that but I felt the need to say something that at least I enjoyed it without leaving a silly two word review.
Kyogre chapter 20 . 2/15/2013
...Your stories are so damn creepy sometimes. I have such a strong reaction of revulsion to a lot of it, but then I also want to keep reading to see what happens... I don't even like horror.

Hmph. Make of that what you will.
torsui chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
just wanted to say i'm rereading this fic and i can't shake the creeping horror due to what i already know. oh dear god.
ChaoticThought chapter 20 . 10/20/2011
I don't know why I never reviewed this fic before (I swear I did!) but I'm...just speechless. I don't even know what to say. the whole idea and concept for this fic is mind blowing and you pulled it off perfectly. I'm not sure if I'm even coherent enough to make a review.

I love how the relationship between Zero, X, and Omega evolve slowly, and the almost frantic love Zero has for X. It makes the shipper in me so happy that you just have no idea. (it also makes me wanna scan my doujinshi and share to the world the joy of Zero/X)

I also love Axl. XD The way you portray him is perfect. He wouldn't care a bit about the virus if it wasn't harming anyone. (somehow, i feeling he kinda overlooked the mind controlling bit, though) and poor Lumine. He really had no idea what he was up against.

Part of me if kinda horrified that everything went so well when technically,I guess Wily won? (all the Repiloids are infected...with a type of his virus, I guess...) but then I look at canon and realize how F-up it would be otherwise and...this fic kinda seems more like a horror/fix-it then a pure horror fic XD

But in the end, it's your superior writing skills that really make this fic pull through. I really really adore it.
Anmynous chapter 19 . 9/12/2011
I'm still a faithful reader!

Unfortunately the way you plan and write is so different to what I'm used to that I can't really give any constructive criticism other than technical stuff like grammar, which there's no problem with, or at least none so strong that they make me feel pointing it out is necessary.

But my opinion on Ciel-ancestor/Weil is something I can give: while calls forward are generally the best thing ever since they combine nostalgia with showing your work (urgh, too many tvtropes names), I get the feeling you were moving towards tying together this fic and Definition of a Reploid. While I have no doubts you could manage to do so without causing confusing plotholes or the like, that one works great on its own since for all we can see, it diverges from canon only at the stated point in the fic, with stuff like the network system merely being filled-in background detail we hadn't seen previously in the games, rather than retcons to fit your own storyline.

Um. Basically, there's two things that make me suggest keeping them at least nominally separate (there's nothing yet to say this fic won't end like the original plot, or close enough that Definition can come after it without issues): not requiring reading another fic for the whole story, and for people who like one but not the other, there's no "contamination".

(I'll still read both myself, though)
Anmynous chapter 15 . 7/22/2011
I'm lost. I thought the two individuals with Wily were meant to be Axl and Lumine? If so, what is Axl doing around X and Zero, now? And why does he seem so familiar with them, yelling about waking up...

Are the new-gens still technically immune to the virus(es?) in how they rewrite their own DNA at will? Seems like they would take the best parts and leave the mind-altering effects.
Athelhelde chapter 14 . 7/21/2011
If Wily were sensible he'd record this conversation and distribute the recording as widely as possible.
Grand Phoenix chapter 4 . 6/15/2011
Now that's just sad; Zero has his own body separate from Omega, his working components and emotions that show he's "there" until it's made clear he's "not there", that he is and he isn't. That's...kinda hard to wrap my mind around, but I understand enough to say that Zero - in a way - was never Zero to begin with, that it was all Omega and no one else.

No, I take that back. It's not sad, it's downright TRAGIC. Zero can never be his own person, let alone "exist" as an individual entity ;_; Dammit, Wily, why'd you have to be a mad genius?
Manchester Devil chapter 10 . 1/31/2011
NOTE: This is a review of the story as it stands.

I thought the science, theories about the evolution of the virus and subsequent symbiosis of both virus and reploid and the garden metaphors behind the story are actually very clever and well thought out, although the idea behind Hunters (of whatever rank or part of the force) pairing up felt somewhat forced. I see the idea behind it is sound but the encouragement of relationships probably isn't the best idea to combat the virus, especially between superiors and lowly navigators/soldiers - very risky for morale.

The relationships between X, Zero and Omega feel organic and well written, the fact they weave and flow while allowing the story to breathe and move between past, present and future is breathtaking and gripping. Lumine and Dr. Weil both come across as credible threats, the former simply being an oppurtunist idiot with an ill defined superior complex in X8 and the latter coming across as a joke in the synopses of the Megaman Zero games I have read.

I pray that the story finishes with a flourish.
Anmynous chapter 10 . 1/9/2011
Ignoring my previous foolishness, I'd just like to say that this entire fic is very well done, and a little unnerving - although hilariously, it's more the interactions between X and Omega that affect me, rather than the fact that every reploid is enslaved by the virus, as it works in their favour. Apart from the wars, of course...
Anmynous chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Sigma wasn't the first reploid, he was just the first to be built that had a particular flaw in the brain (that caused spontaneous maverick-ism) fixed.
RandomFreakazoid chapter 2 . 9/18/2010
omg please continue

i am in a total rush so i can't give a proper review like I usually do for all the AWESOME FANFICTION I READ.

But so far, your story has great and smooth transitions and unlike all the fictions there are, you gave X a reason why he
Lady Shadowbird chapter 3 . 9/5/2010
This. Is, Scary. In the best possible way. I love your work! You're awesome!
Jadeite Meteoros chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Well, should I allow myself to hope, perhaps you are finally writing about the "Zero infect X's capsule" scenario? Regardless, I am sure it will be a good read, as your stories often are (and I do read many of them even if I am unable to review them all).

Being AU does not usually constitute as an automatically bad fan fiction, a view I tend to reserve for the "high school drama" setting and similar AU scenarios.

X can connect to other reploids? It will be interesting to see where you take that. Also, much agreement with your design hypothesis here- it is highly unlikely that early reploids would have been built with such complex designs considering they still had only a vague notion of how X worked. You have a good start here, though I hope your reluctance to do multi-chapter works will not hinder its completion. ;)