Reviews for Tangled Up in Indigo
Skye Valkyrie chapter 9 . 10/2/2013
Very nice read, very good humour. Got me laughing a few times, and I thoroughly enjoyed this whole story. And though I usually prefer stories that take a realistic route (so that plate on Ritsu's head kind of jarred me for a while), it really can't be K-On without the humour and 'anime' reality' with Mio's abuse and the being that is Yui. I really got into it quickly; you write really well, and the simplicity of your structure really suits. Oh, and I do so agree with your 'rant' about yuri in fanfics, especially when every single character is suddenly out-of-canon yuri.

But I digress. Everything was really good here; you've inserted humour at all the right parts and delivered it well, you've put good attention to your work, and I like you didn't sideline any one character, that you've given them all pretty much equal attention in your story. So thank you for the enjoyable read. Great work!
Buzzcola chapter 9 . 7/19/2013
Oh man. This fic.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that the characters are SPOT ON, and it's been one of the funniest K-ON fics I've EVER read. And strangely (to me at least), everything in here seems completely plausible!
Great job! :)
TheEvolvingOtaku chapter 9 . 3/8/2013
I'm not sure if you will read this, seeing as how old the story is, but I have to write something down in order to express my amazement at this story.

This was absolutely brilliant. The characters were spot on, and the humor had me in stitches for the duration of the time I spent reading. Also, it was genuine, funny, well put together humor, it didn't regress into anything crude or distasteful, which some authors turn too readily to.

The best part, though, was that this story wasn't just hilarious, but also addressed the realities and the stigma that comes with homosexuality in the modern world. Most people are not homosexuals, and Mio's reaction as a straight female being called lesbian is completely understandable (at least, for someone of her nature). Like you said in your Afterword, too many yuri fics in this fandom fail to address this. And although most of the time people are just reading these fics for fun, it is that added bit of realism that comes with addressing it that can really make a story shine as something unique and worth reading.

Anyway, I'm just starting to ramble here. So, I'll end by saying that this is a hilarious story, one of the better stories I have read in this fandom, and you didn't even need to use yuri fluff to keep people riveted to their screens. I will definitely be reading your other K-ON fics, and eagerly await more quality work in the future.
Virginia I chapter 9 . 9/16/2012
Loved the story! Made me have a good laugh.

and it is true! I have a friendship so deep with my bestie that we've been called Soul Friends. Not to mention we get called a lesbian couple on many many occasions just because we get along so well. I mean seriously... why does everyone think that everyone else HAS to have sex with everyone they are friends with!
Moonsaber chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Hilarious! Thank you for for that breath of fun and realism of a sort. I laughed out loud several times, and enjoyed the omake!
Krabkrab chapter 2 . 3/1/2012
Seriously Mio? Where the hell'd you get the idea they were boys in their minds? Sigh.
closetotaku711 chapter 9 . 2/6/2012
I have no words. I've cried so much that I'm exhausted.

I've never laughed so much while reading a fic. You my friend are a brilliant writer. My metaphorical hats off to you. I'm not even sure what I can comment on.

Aside from how seamless and well thought out this story was, your afterword demonstrated how insightful you are as an author. I can only compare it to some of the best journal articles/academic texts I've read in which the author discloses his/her theoretical limitations, personal commitments and justifications for their methodology.

Your portrayal of the characters as well as the story was a breath of fresh air. Though I'm also guilty of shipping all the characters I couldn't agree with your criticism of the hordes of slash fics and just yuri fics in general.

Anyways I'm not sure if you'll read this because it's been quite sometime since this story has been completed but I still wanted to show my love.

Keep being awesome and best of luck to you.
kaito136 chapter 9 . 1/31/2012
Woah. Now that I've finished this fanfic, I'm wondering how did I find it in the first place. (the last review was 2 years ago o_o)

This story is amazing. You're amazing as an author. It's easy to read, contains humor, slight hurt/comfort, and can I say.. suspense? Ahaha, I got no clue how to describe it, but you actually included hints of how the story progress and about social issues. Hats down to you, Author.

I read your Afterword, and I agree with so many points you pointed out. Although I'm a K-ON yuri fan myself, I have to agree about the part where not all of them could be lesbians. I've never really thought about the percentage before, but if those percentage were true, I have to agree Azusa's the only fishy one among the 5 (she did say before she only wants to play with Yui side by side on stage and not any one else, and turned tsundere when Yui pestered more about a reason...). I do see Mio X Ritsu very much as a friendship too, although certain signs, like you said, could let fans ship them so well.

I like how you actually manage to adress such sensitive topic, especially among a pool of yuri fans here, without much constrains. I enjoyed reading this, it actually poured out much of what I have thought before. About why fans just treat HTT as a all-lesbian band, and yeh, as a bi myself, I could totally see Azusa's point. I must say, at some point, you did portray Mio as homophobic, oh, and such discrimination is not only from the Japanese, but all around Asia actually. I'm glad you brought up this issue in a case when the girls went to the western side of the globe instead. Every thing seems very realistic and possible in this fanfic.

I'm glad I've read your Afterword despite it being so long. Those questions you listed about the girls and their reactions to relationships... I'll pay attention to them as an author in the future. But it's great to take note of such things!

You're actually one of the few authors who kept the characters true to their characters. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. I'm not saying just the main 5, but even Jun (from the Omake) and Sawako. And holy crap, have I said about the omakes?

SERIOUSLY YOU'RE A GENIUS FOR COMING UP WITH THAT MANY OMAKES.

I laughed so hard at so many of them! Especially about Azusa's reaction as a pedo to Ritsu, the curry one was good too (it just reminds me of Curry Nochi Rice), Jun and Azusa's phone call, Ui and Yui's math equations, Mio's fat issues. I seriously can't believe that I enjoyed every single omake, because some times, when I read some authors' work out there on FFN and they had omakes, I couldn't even really enjoy them. You actually adressed each character out with so much balance because there's soooooo many times where authors tend to neglect certain characters (namely Tsumugi and Azusa, they always had the worst treatment). I have to admit I'm one of the authors who neglected Tsumugi for many times too -.- That's why I'm always surprised by authors who can keep them all in character, and each of them have their own lime light.

I usually don't leave such extremely long reviews, but I'll like you to know is that your fanfic here is seriously awesome. I'm still wondering how I found my way here though, since it's subjected to humor only with no specific characters and I've never clicked into your profile before to find this. I read the summary and it didn't seem like the kind to attract me (I'm a sucker for angst fics).

Seriously, how did I end up here? Although I'm really glad I did. Heh.

Good job, CZeke! Thank you so much for writing this fanfic!
Magus1108 chapter 9 . 11/3/2010
Great K-ON fanfic. I just absolutely loved this! Great job. Keep up the great work!
Little Donkey chapter 9 . 10/5/2010
Oh gods, you're EPIC. You structure your sentences so damn nicely that you can make any reader guffaw without fail. One great example (there's so many, I can't choose) would be "The plane landed so softly that the birds in the next lane didn't bother flying off."

Every chapter (and omake) was hilarious. Truly. I absolutely adore your Yui and her comments on Tsumugi's loss of goggles had me in stitches. Excellent use of references and Mio's panic attacks continues to be amusing (surprisingly, for if one plays on that incorrectly, the humour becomes bland and crude-so, GREAT JOB).

P.S. I saw the Azusa hints. Yes I stole Tsumugi's goggles. Thank you for making me wake up the whole house. And I'm deeply honoured you named a character after me. Now I must read your latest fic ... after I get some sleep (and re-read some chapters).

P.S.S. I just remembered! You even added a reference to another fic of yours. Mio's love for a stapler! That cracked me up. (Sorry I haven't reviewed that yet.)
Captain Vulcan chapter 5 . 9/16/2010
The next time I want some deep guidance and insight in life, I know just the person to seek out. Tsumugi... the sage? Who would have thunk?

I wonder what comic mischief Ritsu's up to now. It certainly got Yui in trouble (technically). That love-tap from Mio seemed to hurt.
Captain Vulcan chapter 4 . 9/16/2010
Hey, I'm not the type to rephrase quotes and phrases but...

'Even the strongest believer in free will would have admitted that the events of the next few seconds - namely Yui doing several hundred dollars of property damage and bruising her behind - were predestined and unavoidable.' I damn near caught a migraine from laughing at that. Ya just gotta love Yui... even if she does have delusions of being a boy.

Ha. Ritsu's pride in her feminimity has Mio laughing harder than her whispering 'lycopene' in her ear. That's interesting. And her wanting to be a yakuza enforcer once upon a time... I think I sense foreshadowing here. That is a very good idea for another K-ON humor fic. Just sayin' man.

I'm really enjoying everything about this fic so far. It's gold. It may as well make the cut for one of my favorites.
Monte-chan chapter 9 . 9/13/2010
Wow. That was the best way to address yuri that I have ever read in a K-On fic. The little twist with Azusa made some sense down the line; knowing how patient she is with Yui, she probably wouldn't blast off at Mio for her remarks the entire trip... she'd just keep it inside for revenge later on, like she did with Sawako.

And speaking of her, I should have figured that their old teacher/manager was behind it. Who else could have gotten the false word out?... well, that is, if you don't count the blog from outer space?

Your writing is hilarious (I dare someone to not laugh after reading Chapter 2 alone; Yui's got a harem!), and keeps everyone in character; even with the girls over five years older, you can still see their classic personalities shine. Azusa developing that steel-reinforced backbone against Sawako makes a lot of sense when you consider the betrayal and the cat-girl's possible maturity.

Basically, if this were a new miniseries or movie, I'd watch this anytime. Good luck with your future 'K-On!' fics, yuri or otherwise. I'll need something to get me through the 'K-On!' withdrawal, after all.
Tastychainsaws chapter 9 . 9/13/2010
That mini-essay on shipping was brilliant. As a firm disliker of 95% of the yuri stories, I found myself nodding my head the full way through. You're right, the chances of both girls being gay for each other is so infinitesimally small that you would need some kind of catalyst to spark a relationship. Even if one was gay for the other, the amount of courage it would take to admit that is far beyond what someone like Mio possesses. At least in my own romance story I used a whole bunch of misunderstanding and timely rescues as a catalyst for the romance. It didn't just "happen".

The little mini stories at the end were pretty good too. Gotta love the Princess Bride references; good stuff.
Lycopene chapter 9 . 9/13/2010
I could say I was lazy to review this, but I was here throughout the whole ride and fully enjoyed. To be honest, I too agree with your rant. Even when, Mio/Ritsu actually does have a soft spot in my heart (I usually don't ship slash actually). However, I do agree wholeheartedly, about the several inconsistencies within the fandom. Which I agree with. And I also love Rai and Lil's stories! Aren't they the best? :P I look up to them the most.

Just to conclude, the humor was great, made LOL in RL sometimes, even Yui's airheadedness was good. So good job. Although, you should probably revise for typos mistakes. And the omakes didn't disappoint. :)

Looking forward to more from you. :D