Reviews for In These Black Days
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 5 . 2/8/2013
Lovely story! I really like how you captured everyone throughout this. Well done.
lanteaddicted chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
love the story. hurt part
Anthora09 chapter 4 . 4/9/2012
Great story, great attention to detail, and great writing! I really enjoyed reading this story.
metallideangrl chapter 5 . 11/15/2011
I just gotta say, I absolutely loved this story. I love to read any fics with John and especially love them if the writer gets the John voice as I imagine him to be, and I love your John. He is a mix of the soldier, but still a loving father and wanting to do right by his boys despite what he actually does or tries to do. I really liked how you portrayed all three Winchesters here. And the fights between Sam and John, from what little we saw in the actual show, I'd say you got this voice perfect as well. Man, they really did go after each other near the end and for no reason whatsoever sometimes. Sam was just picking a fight to fight with his dad for the sake of fighting. Poor Dean, always caught in the middle and wanting to stay under to avoid being their referee.

I love me a hurt Dean and you really got him in this one. Great story overall. I love pre-series and this one is definitely a great one. thanks.
Eminnis chapter 5 . 12/27/2010
This was so good! I liked it a lot!

Eminnis
Mzzmarie chapter 5 . 12/6/2010
Love this story so much!

Such great hurt/comfort. And I really like how you wrote John. I know that there are alot of John-haters but I personally love his character and it was great to see how vulnerable he is to his sons' pain
Death-Muncher chapter 5 . 10/12/2010
Interesting story. I liked the criminal element.
anon chapter 5 . 10/7/2010
I always got that Sam was too young to realize the damage he was doing to Dean when and how he left when it happened. But that he didn't get it for so damn long later I mean how dumb can a smart guy be. Once I realized that I had squashed my brother's self esteem so bad that he thought he was worthless enough plus that he loved and needed me enough to go to hell for 40 YEARS to keep my sorry ass alive, I promise you the night I left him would no longer be in my idea of heaven!
HeartsDragon chapter 5 . 9/28/2010
This story is amazing! the family dynamics are so true to the story~ ]
nwspaprtaxis chapter 5 . 9/16/2010
I really like where you took this. My heart aches for Dean though (course it didn't help that I watched S4's HEAVEN AND HELL for the first time and then moseyed along onto here...). The boy is so obviously in incredible physical pain and he still tries to suck it up and do what his father demands of him (even though it was supposed to be gentle, it was still rules and orders and demands) and to give more than what he possibly has. I love Sam - even though it's not easy for Sam, I love him just deferring to their father - mostly for Dean, partly because of Bobby - just so Dean doesn't get in the cross-fire while he's still down. And I completely adore Sam knowing he *HAS* to go, is willing to go, but making sure Dean's at least physically okay and being there when he realizes that Dean's more relaxed with him around and being the one to help Dean into the car and offering the good drugs.

I imagined Sam sitting in the backseat with Dean and halfway through the ride, when the pain gets to be too bad, Sam just manhandles his brother until Dean's lying down and he just keeps an eye on his big brother because their Dad's not really giving Dean what he NEEDS - affection, human touch, physical contact. And I love that Sam's there to do it...

This is a scenario I can believe, and Sam wanting to reciprocate to Dean back is just PERFECT - it's what makes them brothers.

I'd love to read a series of this!
Mystique Aqua chapter 5 . 9/15/2010
I just finished reading all 5 chapters and I was loving every minute of it. All in all it was a great story.
Mystique Aqua chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Oh man! Dean got shot and John just robbed a store? Wow, I never thought John would ever do that...

Good start to a story.. can't wait to read the next chapter :D
Zyanya chapter 5 . 9/14/2010
It was very good...thank you!
Sunny33 chapter 4 . 9/7/2010
Really enjoying this, Carol. Good dialogue and well paced story. Thanks for posting.
Amberdreams chapter 4 . 9/7/2010
Yay! Trust Bobby to inject a bit of common sense and caring into the Winchester charged situation. That works better than any drugs for Dean I reckon!