Reviews for Underneath My Being is a Road that Disappeared
laffers18 chapter 3 . 8/24/2011
Hehehe...loved this chapter!

Rebecca and Brennan...oh man, two women you do NOT want to piss off! LMAO

And I have to say, I love your A/N's as much as the chapter...I love people with ansense of humour...and who are a teeny tiny bit mental ;)
laffers18 chapter 2 . 8/24/2011
*giggles*

Ok ok...I know I shouldn't have laughed so much but I couldn't help it...you've hit the nail on the head with B/B's arguing and it cracks me up! Poor Max having to witness it...priceless!
laffers18 chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Awesome opening chapter! (And it had nothing to do with the fact you had Booth in the shower. Nothing nothing nothing...well, maybe a teeny tiny something ;) )

I love how well he knows her (and how well she knows him, actually.)

I'm interested to see where this goes...and luckily for me I can just find out! :P
Jewelbe11 chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
I just loved this one! Whenever I'd have to stop reading it would keep popping up in my thoughts until I was reading it again. It reminded me of how I feel after watching an episode, you keep thinking about what had already happened and what is going to happen next. Great job! I kind of wish there was more.
Guest chapter 9 . 6/20/2011
There are NO WORDS to express the near sheer perfection of this fic. My only quibble is that Sweets was markedly absent. Your dialogue had me alternately howling with laughter and in tears. Brilliance!
Alicia9876 chapter 9 . 6/17/2011
Wonderful...you are a fantastic writer...i am going thriugh all your stories now...love your in canon writing style!
eitoph chapter 9 . 6/14/2011
Oh look at that FFN, I found a way around your silly rules!

"Why?" he whined. "You love sex. You have a reputation to uphold."

"Because," Brennan spun around in the computer chair to face him and glared, "I weighed myself this morning and I'm experiencing a temporary lapse in my self confidence. While I'm certain that rational thought will override my apparent body image issues before the day ends, I would prefer – for now – not to be naked. Also, I'm very busy; I'm almost finished the first draft of my novel."

I love this scene - the domesticity of it, Brennan being a bit self conscious - it seems so natural in your writing. Also, Brennan joking to Booth at the end about deleting is seriously adorable.

"Booth took a clumsy step backward and tripped over her chair leg. The sight of the graceful agent falling to the floor and quickly bounding back to his feet would have been comical under other circumstances, and as it was, Brennan had to bite back a laugh at the combination of horror and surprise flooding his face despite the pain in her lower muscles that hadn't yet fully subsided."

This has to happen on my tv, like, right now. Booth falling over his own feet as he *finally* realises what's been going on makes me giggle.

""Only until I finished my novel." She blurted the honest answer before she had time to filter herself and then winced. "Oops.""

I love this because I would totally do this. I was throwing up last night but I was positively determined to get to a certain point in my study so I just kept on going, albeit with bathroom breaks. Brennan and I are kindred spirits that way ;) but the point being that it is very Brennan and something I can totally see happening.

Everything. Seriously everything that comes next is seriously awesome and I think I'm going to have to stop copying quotes because otherwise it would get out of control. Booth reasoning with Brennan to get her to go to the hospital, the banter in the delivery room, everything. God, it's amazing and funny and I could never write anything better so I'm not gonna try.

I don't use my name in fandom a lot, partly because it's incomprehensible to most people and party because it's insanely distinctive and my best friend who lurks in fandom doesn't know I write fic (I'm banking on the fact that she won't stumble on this any time soon) but as a result of the incomprehensible thing, I have become accustomed to answering to a million deviations from my actual name. The point here is, that Ellie tends to be the closest I'm going to get, so when I read that you'd chosen that particular name, I got rather excited and felt a sense of connection with the baby. It's a tiny bit ridiculous but on top of all the other brilliant stuff you've crammed into this chapter, I get all pleased and excited.

I'm almost sad to be finished but this is too awesome to be sad over. I also wrote this review entirely on my iPad so I apologize for any 'damn you autocorrect' moments or any Americanised spellings it insisted on changing.

This fic will forever be one of the best baby fics I ever read, so thank you and well done and you're awesome.
eitoph chapter 8 . 6/12/2011
This chapter is my favourite. Booth waking up and seeing Brennan there, knowing that it's not a dream because she's pregnant, sharing his hospital bed, sigh... It makes the hopeless romantic inside me very happy indeed. It plays off against the drama of the earlier chapter so well and resolves it all in an incredibly satisfying fashion.

Also, Brennan getting arrested is hilarious. It unfolds in a manner that I can just *see* happening, and when Booth comes to get her at the end there was further melt-age and general squee on my part. I was so proud of her, being able to say that she loves him, and so happy for Booth all at the same time. I love these kids. So goddamn much.
eitoph chapter 7 . 6/12/2011
I was totally fangirling all over pics of ED looking all baby bump-y earlier today, so the scene with B&B in her office was particularly cute and particularly relevant. And omg, the things I would give for a moment like that next season - we're talking large sums of money or significant infringements upon personal liberty. It was incredibly sweet, but incredibly B&B, which made it all the more worthwhile.

You write case fic incredibly well. I loved the action and the tension, and the moment with Brennan talking to the baby about going to help Booth in the field was all kinds of wonderful. Not so pleased that Booth got shot, but even that was incredibly well written, so I'm not actually going to complain.

eitoph chapter 5 . 6/12/2011
You may have noticed that I missed chapter 5, but never fear, I'm still here creeping and fangirling all over your fic. Yell at me if I get annoying.

Not many people can get into Booth's past as realistically and as effectively as you do. It's such a sensitive and difficult issue, but you really handle it with class, while still keeping the whole thing real and emotive. I love that he learned piano with his mom, and that he liked getting to share that with her.

Also, their angry sex was kind of brilliant. And so what they would do/are going to do. I am entirely in support of this motion.
eitoph chapter 6 . 6/7/2011
This is one of my favourite chapters. I love that we get to see Brennan have this crisis that is so Brennan, but we also get to see how she comes back from that, and how Booth is so important to that. You make so many pertinent points here in this chapter - and Brennan's struggle with loving their child too much is so fitting for a character who's always had to put her heart in a box and always connected a little too much.

I reiterate my ongoing: this is what I want to see this season mantra - because it is. It's still dramatic and interesting without taking away from B&B or going into soap opera.

Also, you may make wise choices (re: authors notes in this chapter about not replying to reviews until after your seminar) but I have en exam in 2 hours and 45 minutes and I am reading fic. Fail. So fail.
eitoph chapter 4 . 6/5/2011
"I hope she's just like you. Maybe a little bit less of a smartass, but mostly like you."

Urgh, so Boothy. So lovely.

I am a strong advocate that any B/B baby produced should be a girl. I am very glad that she gets to be a girl here and I kind of imagine Booth's reaction here to be similar to his face in 6.23 - again with the psychic thing, lady!

The fact that Booth calls Parker when he's down is such a lovely little detail - but it makes so much sense. Nicely done! :)
eitoph chapter 3 . 6/5/2011
I've officially hit the omgomgomg why can't I write like this stage. There are so many little details and such a rich, engaging plot, I just sit here and can't help but feel completely involved.

I love their experiment. I love that it's Brennan's way of dealing with things and that she quietly thinks it will succeed. Her conversation with Angela about fighting and living with someone was both hilarious and genius. I love Angela when she gets to be wise like that.

So much love.
eitoph chapter 2 . 6/4/2011
You went to Cuba? That is so seriously cool. I don't even know what you'd do in Cuba, but I'm kind of jealous.

Next order of business is that everyone seems to think that next season will dissolve into fluff as a result of the pregnancy storyline, and I respectfully disagree. I think it will be much more like this because you've kept the storyline here heated, interesting and dynamic. This is what they need to pursue if they want to make good TV next year. This is what I think they're talking about in all their interviews when they discuss the possibilities of two different people having kids.

LOVED the 'fuck out' line - it was so well timed and so Brennan. I felt for her so hard when she was throwing the books at Booth, but at the same time, I totally understand Booth's POV as well. I love them both equally in your writing and that is an art.
eitoph chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
The first time I read this I was on study leave and trying to sneak in a paragraph or two in between taking notes on boring actuarial/economics shit that you probably don't care about. The moral of the story there being that I think I missed little details in my sneaky reading stints. As I am on study leave again, it is obviously a brilliant idea that I start reading this story again, especially seeing how wonderfully relevant it has all become.

I don't know why you tell B that you can't write angst, cause this is beautifully, beautifully angsty. I think if you'd left it here as a oneshot I would've had some issues going on.

Brennan dealing with it all here makes me think of some of those last scenes in 6.23 and the way she actually tells Booth, in her usual abrupt manner, is just like it played out on screen. Which leads me to conclude that not only do you understand the characters so amazingly well, you are also a little bit psychic.
129 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »