Reviews for Underneath My Being is a Road that Disappeared
Katniss730 chapter 3 . 11/24/2010
I hope the experiment goes well. I'm very worried!
Katniss730 chapter 2 . 11/24/2010
Great chapter. Your writing is excellent. I can't help but worry at the forboding tone. This especially - "That they would hurt and misunderstand one another in the time before his grandchild arrived in ways that would blindside them both completely." I loved your explanation for Bones' name change. I always thought they should have addressed that on the show.
LondonLi chapter 3 . 11/24/2010
I loved this new addition. I think it really shows their growth and how they've learned to read beneath the surface of behavior they thought they knew. Thanks for the update!
joana.nyc chapter 3 . 11/24/2010
I love that she's viewing moving in together as am experiment. It's so Bones like and perfect!
joana.nyc chapter 2 . 11/14/2010
They're so damn perfect together, even in the chaos they create. I love this update so damn much!
xoxokiss210 chapter 2 . 11/14/2010
i loved
LondonLI chapter 2 . 11/14/2010
I'm so glad you added to this; it leaves the fic with a bit more hope!
nertooold54 chapter 2 . 11/14/2010
ROFL You captured them so well. This is a good one-shot and a great two-shot. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
AmandaFriend chapter 2 . 11/14/2010
This is a lovely story that flits between heartache and laughter with the same dizzying way the show can. You have a beautiful style that offers great insights into the characters and into their situation. While I sometimes run from the "Bones is pregnant" stories because they seem so out of character, yours brings a great deal of warmth and humor and perspective to the situation.

Brennan's anger at Booth seems to be proportional to her own fears and their see-saw interactions seem to find them forever trying to find the middle ground.

Max's reasoning for renaming his daughter Temperance is somewhat in keeping with my theory for why they tried to saddle her with such a name- they needed to remind her genius brain to put on some brakes, but she's too brilliant for her own good at times. You have such a lovely line to explain it- "Max had abandoned her and she had learned to be temperate in only the crippling ways." This sums up TB.

I really hope you continue the story. I love how you show them both as flawed people, that TB doesn't want to show weakness, that Booth struggles to keep up with her. I enjoy the long chapters and the sensitive and thoughtful writing that takes the characters into a new direction without forgetting who they are.
BlueOwl90 chapter 2 . 11/13/2010
This is great. Booth and Brennan were both very in-character. It stands very well as a two-shot, but if you ever feel like making it a multi-chapter fic, I would definitely be interested in reading more.
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
wonderful!
xheart to thee chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I LOVED the little shout out...I have faith in you, don't worry. We all move on from our little interests...but I am glad you're still thinking of doing a Piper/Leo one at some point. :D

I loved this a lot, a lot. I love your writing; it's so compelling. You go into such detail that I love it. Gosh. I need to watch Bones again.

Totally unrelated but don't you just love Emily's hair in the Season 6 promo...it's so beautiful!
bonesparticulat chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Very subtle but true. Thank you.
and she knew love chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Loved it, from start to finish. Booth and Bones were incredibly in-character, even if the situation is about as far from reality on the screen as you can make it (I don't see Brennan getting pregnant on the show any time soon). I loved Booth's little flashback about Brennan's 'girly shampoo,' especially the follow-up line: "He liked to think she understood that he had been referencing a lot more than her girly smelling soap." So sweet. It's also heartwarming how Booth switches on the light for Brennan when she wakes up from a nightmare. It really highlights how Booth is so careful and thoughtful to the people he loves.

I loved Brennan's reaction to her pregnancy. It was just so...real. She reacted just the way I'd expect her to, drawing back from Booth, getting snappy. Of course she's afraid; you portrayed that fear with amazing reality. And Booth's reaction to her pregnancy...perfect. Just so Booth-y. His acceptance and love just opens up a whole new future for Brennan and their little family.

Amazing story. Hope it all works out for them in the end :)
fictitiousgirl08 chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
I was expecting something wholly different than a pregnancy fic, but I really liked this. It's great as a one-shot, but you could easily turn it into something more if you wanted to. I look forward to reading more of your stuff :).
138 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »