Reviews for there is a promise written on her finger
a walk on the w i l d side chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
This is amazing, it really is. It's fantastic, honestly.

I love LilyTeddy, because it really is the perfect pairing, and you write so well.

I love seeing them like this, with Lily and Teddy as bestbest friends (so close you would never be able to get between them) and Teddy promised to Victoire (bound so tight you would never be able to untie him) and the ending horribly sad.

But I do prefer happy endings, on the whole.

But, saying that, I lovelovelove it when people like you write sad&&depressing TeddyLily fics because they're the ones that make me...feel the most.

I loved it.

CKC
stilessttilinski chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
MY HEART HURTS.

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

God, I love your Lily, she is just perfect! And Teddy, oh Teddy, you're so wonderful and cold and angsty and...

Just ...Wow.

-JennH.

*favorites*
with the monsters chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Okay, so, first of all you need to kill me for not reviewing this sooner. I don't even know why I haven't. I am a horrible, horrible person and I can only beg your forgiveness. I'm sosososososo sorry!

And now onto the main part of the review:

OHMYGOD. PLEASE BE MORE AMAZING. This has just reminded me of everything that I ADORE about TeddyLily and more. I don't even know where to begin, because this is so utterly incandescent I can't even describe what it means to me. Maybe I'll list. Yeah.

firstly;; the title. Seems like a simple place to start. And oh, what a title. It's poetic and beautiful and catchy and it fits in so perfectly with the story. I love how it's about both Lily and Victoire, whereas I was just expecting it to be about Lily, really, and how having a promise on a finger breaks both Lily's heart and Teddy's heart in the end. It was a seriously clever title and I adore it.

secondly;; your Lily. Oh, my God, your Lily. She just /blazes/, you know? She's this incredible shade of vulnerable and so beautiful and you write her somehow simultaneously fragile and steel-strong at the same time. She just shines throughout the whole thing, and if she wasn't one of the main characters she'd burn so brightly you couldn't help but notice her. She's utterly memorable and just basically brilliant in every way, okay? I love her transformation from just-Lily into the beautiful broken teenager - you write it wonderfully and I sincerely envy your skill.

thirdly;; Teddy. Oh, Teddy. If he wanted to marry me, that would be very okay. He's so conflicted and always so confused and oh, gosh, I just adore him. I love how he loves her so much but he doesn't know how to deal with it. And, gosh, when Victoire ran off I felt so sorry for him :( But at least he can go to Lily now, huh? Pleasepleaseplease?

fourthly;; your writing. I don't think I tell you enough how simply amazing it is. Everything you write takes my breath away time and time again, and I can go back and read things you've written and their brilliance still knocks me sideways. You have such a talent with words and this whole piece just flows like honey and your words... just wow. Every single one of them is perfectly chosen and beautiful and just... I don't even have the ability to tell you how amazing this was!

fifthly;; the way you write them both younger. They're utterly believable and so naive and there's always that hint of doom around them that - I don't know, maybe I'm imagining it, but I sort of adored it, even though it's kind of angsty! I'm always a sucker for a good but of angst, though, so it was perfect :)

sixthly;; I suppose this is kind of the same as point four, but you have some simply fabulous phrases in here. I don't think I could pick out my favourite ones because there are so many, but here are a couple of my particular favourites:

"The brightest stars are violent delights, and violent delights have violent ends." - that was so Lily, and so Teddy, and so TeddyLily. It just summed them up in this story so perfectly, I can't even describe how much that moved me.

"Her skirt is miles too short, and her hair is curled into loose waves which cascade down her almost completely bare back and she carries her body like her crown but it's so broken that she makes a sham of a queen, despite her silently furious beauty." - just, God, please write more beautifully! That was so amazing - the broken crown metaphor is so amazing and beautiful and just so /original/, you know? I can't believe how beautiful it is. It's so moving and incredible and stunning.

seventhly;; YOU ARE AMAZING. I mean, seriously. This whole thing, every single word, it's all incredible and oh, you LIE when you say this stupid! This is one of the best birthday presents I've ever recieved, it really is, and I'm sure that Char feels the same. It's simply brilliant and amazing and so /TeddyLily/. I adore it, I reallyreally do!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's beautiful and awe-inspiring and gosh, I love you so much, thank you. Sorry again for taking so long to review :(

It's BEAUTIFUL. Be very proud of it!
over-rehearsed chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
O that was amazingly well-written.

And beautiful

And I just- ughhh

Can't wrap my head around how good most of you Lily/Teddy writers are.

;)

Loved it!
storm-petrel chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
How can you say it sucks? It's beautiful and the flashbacks fit really well, and I love the promise tattoed on her finger and it's really well written and flows beautifully. Love it.
LikeAVision chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
What the hell?This was fucking amazing!

"She has the sort of disposition of a woman who has suffered great loss."

I love this line-it reads beautifully.
RaptorSaysRawr chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
You do NOT suck! (Coming from a stranger that might not mean much but oh well) And I personally believe this is one of the most beautifully written stories I've ever read :)

So what it didn't have a happy ending but sometimes the slightly tragic/heartbroken conclusions are better than that sappy happy-go-lucky stuff, you know?

So yeah what I'm trying to say is this is sheer brilliance (:

(And I really like the idea of tattooing promise on the pinky. Nice one!)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Kimmy, you most certainly do NOT suck. And however late your birthday greeting is - thanks, anyway (: - the complete and absolute beauty of this fic totally makes up for it in any way. Kim, this is one of the BEST Lil/Teds I've ever read, and I'm not just saying that.

This was too gorgeous - so much imagery, so many plays on words that sound like pure poetry.

"He reasons that Lily Lupin doesn't flow just right anyways (but he can't stop whispering it, and the words float away and leave a bitter aftertaste on his tongue and feels so stupid for wanting moremoremore)."

M'God, that's such perfection, /brainjumbles, I can't even begin to describe how... Noteven. (: I could taste the bittnerness, I could feel the confliction, the pain. Everything was just hithithitclosetohome, runrunrunfaraway, beauty beauty beauty. I'm spazzing right now. This was beautiful, Kimani.
this-girl-with-glasses chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Awwww amazing and heartbreaking all at the same time :)