Reviews for What Should Have Been
Snowball1982 chapter 21 . 4/4
Thank you for the update. Snowball
Hammer chapter 7 . 4/3
Your writing is solid. No mistakes, mostly interesting stuff. However, the big scene and time skips, the fast pace, along with practically no character building (experiences, interactions, character thoughts ) make this read like a fragmented story, rather than a cohesive unit. It feels like I watched the pilot episode of a series, and then skipped to its third season.

Finally, the tendency to have the protagonists figure everything out so fast and so easily points to Mary- Suism. ( They even figured out Harry's name will come out of the goblet for sure before it happened, I mean come on. ) To your defense, the truth is that you do explain every single discovery of theirs adequately and believably; however, I think that you contrive the plot in certain ways to make it feasible ( E.g. they awesome books they managed to find to discover the existence of horcruxes in to time. Or, the fact that the TWT was kept under wraps till the last moment, which led to the heroes figuring out that Harry's name would come out of the cup. )

In conclusion: good fic, well-written scenes, but the frantic pace you are following leaves important gaps.
Shad0wReaper133 chapter 22 . 4/3
"but *your* niece, Ginny" not "you"
"I know where *they* can go" not "the".

Other than that, chapter was fine.
Even better than the HP canon.. Lovely story :) can't wait for more!
Penny is wise chapter 22 . 3/22
Awesome chapter.
N Flamel chapter 22 . 3/22
Cate, this chapter started off intense and held that edge throughout. You do a very good job in creating emotional tones in your stories, and this was an especially good one. The other approach i liked was how you contrasted very serious planning with personal comments. The ending paragraphs in this chapter are good examples, where some of the Five go from on the spot planning to Hermione's comment that Fabian and Gideon are 'so like Fred and George.' Of course, Molly's ending comment was funny and also creates a great bridge to the next chapter.

Thanks for all the updates! Best, Nicolas
fayriegirl chapter 22 . 3/21
Awesome as always but can we hear how mrs Malfoy is doing pls thanks
SilverMiaWolf chapter 22 . 3/21
eeee i'm so happy another chapter came out! i forgot how good this fic was!
Please Please Please keep up the awesome work!
HopeWithinDarkness chapter 22 . 3/19
Oh my god you are amazing. I love love LOVE your writing and your schemes and your brilliant BRILLIANT plans that the Slytherin out into action. It's amazing and thank you thank you for writing this amazing amazing story and and and omg love the dramione.
jadely31 chapter 22 . 3/19
So I've spent my whole night finishing what you have written. Your imagination amazes me. I don't usually like the pairings and prefer the politics, but you have woven them together believably. This last chapter with the sleeping six is definitely a new plot twist. Thanks again for writing and sharing.
loveofwrittenword chapter 22 . 3/19
Love what you have so far. It's just wonderful and so creative. Thanks for sharing, and I'm so enjoying your pairings. I love a good Harry/Daphne story, Draco/Hermione, Blaise/Ginny; so many of my favorite pairings.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Hope your muse always flowing deeply!
ILikeComps chapter 22 . 3/19
Terrible events with what appears a bright side. Thanks for sharing!
MyEdwardJacob chapter 22 . 3/19
Holy crap I'm hooked! It's a little fast paced, but that's what keeps me clicking next! Great job with an original storyline from what I've seen of Slytherin Harry. I'm so glad that he's not all powerful perfect or evil!
lokarryn chapter 22 . 3/19
Love the story so far and I love the twist in this chapter bringing people thought long dead back.
ptl4ever419 chapter 22 . 3/19
Love it :) wow was not expecting those people to be alive.