Reviews for A Death At Dusk
EmoPiglet169 chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
King of Anything is my FAVORITE song!

That was random...

mojor chapter 4 . 12/24/2011
NO! No, no, no, no, no!

This is unfinished! I didn't notice that when i started reading. And it's not been updated in ages! argh!

This kicked arse! You have to finish.
mojor chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
ooooooooh, i'm liking this episode style fic! Set up for the crime story is great- i'm already intrigued. Characterisation is spot on. Lots of fun banter.

It's really feeling like an episode! Nice work.
scarletblusssh chapter 4 . 7/29/2011
this is really good. you have written it perfectly! :D
Duchess of Strumpetness chapter 4 . 4/6/2011
LOL yep I can well see that, taking one man shopping is bad enough but THREE of them, Beckett deserves a medal just for that LOL
runeaglerun chapter 4 . 4/6/2011
Yay, an update! Love this story, it's just fun. Great job! :)
beinganonymousiskindafun chapter 3 . 2/1/2011
So...I may, possibly, be in love with the awesomeness of this fic. Don't freak out or anything, but I'm considering proposing marriage and checking out white picket fenced-houses, I adore this so much.

Seriously, though, this is one of the best case!fic that I've read. The plot is perfect, beginning simply and branching out with interesting, entertaining but still thoroughly believable arcs. The characterization is right on point, the dialogue clever and fast and original. I honestly had no problem envisioning this as an episode.

I really hope that you update soon, because I can't wait to see Castle playing dress-up with Ryan and Esposito (they really should get a chance to suit up for a case, like Beckett and Castle did)and I really want to see how everything goes down.
tridecalogisms chapter 3 . 10/23/2010
LOVE IT, hahaha, castle's taking them shopping, so cute and funny! amazing chapter, can't wait for the next!
I'm Widget chapter 3 . 10/20/2010
I love this. Seriously. Just now had time to read it, but I love it. Can't wait for more!
Bella Paige chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
Castle's playing fairy godmother, how cute ... curious to what Kate has stashed in her cupboard
ApollaCammi chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
I sense some procrastination coming on. (That's what I thought when I saw this chapter! Thanks for making my Thursday. And providing the perfect study break.)

Oh, this is going to be fun. Seriously. *Please* write a bit where Castle is helping the boys pick out suits. Bonus points if Kate says they look good in them (or any other synonym for 'good' :P). I especially like this part because I would love to see it happen on TV. We fangirls would just die from the overload of attractiveness that the three of them give off.

And Castle family time was absolutely dead on. Loved it, and you balanced the 'who gets to be the parent today' dynamic beautifully. The two of them are adorable, and you do a good job of that while still moving the story/having Alexis help her dad out. Okay, so today it was with a tie and not whether a self-cleaning oven could cook a body, but still. ;)

The book titles! I totally read them in Nathan/Castle's voice. It's just such a Castle thing to say. Beckett's inner monologue about her boys while she was talking to the Captain just about killed me. I almost fell of the chair, I was laughing so hard. You did a spectacular job with the family notification, and the little byplays between the detectives at the precinct and Castle being all devious are spot on. Congrats.

Best lines:

"Hate to say 'I hope so,' but I hope so," Beckett nodded.

"Bet you wish you'd guessed, huh."

"Rats. Suppose this means I'll actually have to wear pants as well."

"But if anyone recognizes me anywhere I wouldn't wanna be recognized, you hurt. And I'm not wearin' no pink."

"…I…was going to say 'conspicuous.'"
Just For This Moment chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Love it! Xx
intothefire17 chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
you're doing an amazing job at patterning this after a castle episode. keep it up! :)

you've mentioned that this story doesnt have a specific time line although i can't help but notice that beckett seems to be a bit snippy. she has her moments, but she'd sometimes play castle's game without biting his head off. :)) otherwise, everything's great! :)

cant wait for your update!
Meg chapter 3 . 10/13/2010
Favorite parts: the interaction between Castle and Alexis (you did it really well, because it is one of my favorite parts of the show each week) and the interactions with Esposito and Ryan, especially the scene at the end with the suits and their reactions to Castle and Beckett. You're doing a great job at making this feel like a regular episode, which is a style that a lot of fic writers don't seem to try out. It's kinda like reading a really detailed recap of a weekly episode. :-)
Beckett NYPD chapter 2 . 9/15/2010
Definitely a complicated case with Castle throwing in his bits of sarcasm.