Reviews for The Turning Autumn
mordreek chapter 6 . 2/21/2015
Woof, rough moment for everyone. Can't blame any of the Berkians, whatever his motives, his actions directly caused lives to be lost. Some good did come out of that, but he had to be held accountable. Glad Hiccup was able to do what he could for Astrid, and that it didn't hurt them in the long run.

Astrid's and Hiccup's stood out the most to me, had the most emotion, and were the most satisfying to read.

I liked them all, they were all amazing for different reasons and are all a part of a greater story that I enjoyed immensely.

The chapter when Astrid and Hiccup finally get back together for good. That happily ever after, that joy of finally being happy and with the one they loved, that is the best.
mordreek chapter 5 . 2/21/2015
Muuuuch better, women can be just as stubborn as men, no doubt about it. Just got to take a chance or else nothing happens.
mordreek chapter 4 . 2/21/2015
Trying the subtle approach with Ruffnut...yeeeaaah, how's that working for ya there big guy?

Those 2 make a great pair, much better together than alone, and way better than she and Sven *shudder*
mordreek chapter 3 . 2/21/2015
Guy need to get out there, can't stick around and farm, fighter like that. Sucks that he didn't get the accolades that he earned for the assault, on the other hand it'd piss the Celts right off if he did. Why do I have a feeling he's going to come back and Harkin won't let him go...again...ever?
mordreek chapter 2 . 2/21/2015
:D A very tender and tension filled chapter, for young married couples, this would be the talk of talks. Glad to see how much they love each other and the way they show it, the sort of love you see and can't help but smile at their happiness.
loneknightd chapter 4 . 1/22/2015
The standout story lines for this fic were definitely Sven's death and Ruffnut and Fishleg's relationship. I really liked how you developed Ruffnut's character and had her figure out that she could and did like Fishlegs as more than a friend. Seeing Fishlegs grow to the point where he could ask Ruffnut this, while still being in character, was very well done too.

I was honestly surprised at Sven's death. I really didn't think it would come to that. I applaud its use as a point of growth for Hiccup as a Chief though. In hindsight, it did resolve the little love triangle with Ruffnut and Fishlegs nicely though. I'm keen to see how Astrid deals with the news that Hiccup actually did try to have him spared (it didn't seem like he mentioned it, only that he died from the beatings). I'm hoping that will be covered in one of your other one-shots.

And I'm kinda happy that Tuffnut found a friend here. Poor guy was really left out by the rest of his gang.
Superbun chapter 6 . 3/29/2014
*deep breath* Okay, where to begin...

So, I was browsing through M-Rated HTTYD fanfics last night, and came across the 'Second Chances' extended love scene, I read it and thought that it was very well written and emotional scene, that was also layered with all these references to previous events that I had no clue about.

So, with nothing better to to today I decided to Marathon my way through the entire 'Seasons' series over the space of like six hours, and I have to say, it was definitely worth my time.

Before I carry on, let me quickly answer your little questionnaire:
1. Favourite character's scenes - It's a close tie between Hiccup's and Astrid's, with Astrid's maybe slightly ahead.
2. Favourite Season - Summer, without a doubt.
3 Favourite individual chapter - That's a difficult one, but 'Summer Ch.5 - Infection of Affection' is definitely very high up there.

What you've produced here, is definitely a very interesting and unique take on the characters of the HTTYD Movie-verse. This fic really manages to take the reader on an emotional roller-coaster, from happyness at Hiccup and Astrid finally getting together, to shock and sadness at the reveal of hiccup's plan at the end of Spring, to elation when the two finally reunite in Summer, to numerous 'aww' moments at displays of genuine affection between the couples. You said yourself that the major theme of this whole series was that of 'growing up' , and as an 18 year old approaching the end of his first year of university, I have to say that you've captured the whole bittersweet mess of emotions that entails beautifully. I struggle to find places to criticise this series, there's a few noticeable grammar errors littered throughout, you occasionally miss out words, and have a strange habit of missing suffixes like '-ed' or '-ly' off the ends of words.

Anyway, I think I've waxed lyrical about this fic long enough. Allow me to thank you for this amazing work, and tell you that this series will be finding its way to very near the top of the list of my all-time favourite fanfictions.
Superbun
Azul Ocean chapter 6 . 8/31/2013
Truly the Seasons Cycle is one of the most beautiful pieces of fanfiction that I've read. I saw how it followed the teens through their maturing teen years. Honestly, they're all my favorite. You did such a wonderful job. All the characters were flawless. I look forward to more from you!
Actually, the Summer's Fervor was my favorite. Or Winter Haul.
Sweettea chapter 6 . 2/20/2013
I'm not sure if this will matter anymore since this series was written so long ago...but I'd have to say that my favourite season's collection is tie between Winter and Summer as they contain my two favourite chapters. Winter Haul chapter 1 and Summer fervor chapter 5. Both chapters were such an emotional roller coaster, starting from the lowest depths and ending on the highest of highs. I have read them multiple times over and still feel the same emotion I did the first time I read them. So, that is my two cents if it means anything now. I do hope you continue to write more fics. RoB has provided some material I think would be great to expand on, especially the Heather episodes.
Cat.That.Roared chapter 6 . 11/21/2012
I love it how things work out but it isn't always happy-go-lucky nobody dies or gets injured kinda thing.
Ginger-Snapp chapter 6 . 1/3/2012
Okay, favorite season was probably...well it's a tie between the end of spring and beginning of summer. My favorite chapter by far is the one where Stoik tells Hiccup he's going to be cheif and Hiccup is completely self sacrificing. I eat that shit up.

I forgot what else you asked, but I connected to Ruff a lot. I really enjoyed her point of view. I warmed up to Astrid in your story far more than any other story ever. I even grew to like Snotlout - though the totally hot rendition of older man Snotlout on your DA may have helped.

I'm completely and totally excited for when Harkin grows up and she and Tuff get together. Oh, I loved that "Up" reference. I love references. :) there was once a HTTYD ref in a Tangled fic.

Anyway -awesome job. Loved Hiccup as cheif.

Ginger.
LoPe21 chapter 6 . 12/1/2011
While I can't agree with Hiccups decision regarding Sven. I do understand it.

Guess that's part of being a grown up too.
LoPe21 chapter 3 . 12/1/2011
That's twice he's realized that Berk for all its oddness is home.

Love the twins.
Corinne chapter 2 . 11/20/2011
I hope not. Everybody always makes astrid preggers after, like, no time at all.
Romance and Musicals chapter 6 . 8/28/2011
This was amazing. I can't even handle it. The Turning Autumn really showed all the characters getting settled into their adult lives. They had to cope with changes and face their fears. Stoick's advice to Hiccup in this last chapter was freaking amazing. So out of the whole series, I think I liked Ruffnut's collection of chapters the most because she grew the most. She went from being an obnoxious(in an endearing way), irrational, scared girl who couldn't show her feelings for shit to being a(more)lovable, strong, brave woman who learned how to love others. I think I liked The Summer's Fervor best because it was the happiest in certain ways. As for my absolute favorite chapter overall, I think (it's hard to decide because they're ALL amazing)it was the first chapter of The Winter's Haul. I liked the Hiccup/Astrid-ness of it all. I liked the reassurance of a love they thought they had lost, which also puts into perspective the Astrid chapter of The Summer's Fervor. I can't wait to read the rest of your works.