Reviews for If You Go Where I Can't Follow
CaskettLover1969 chapter 2 . 11/18/2012
Oh, that is so sad :( But I guess not every fanfic can have a happy ending.
morgo7kc chapter 2 . 3/1/2011
these are both amazing! great job :)
Kiki Cabou chapter 2 . 11/7/2010
Hmm. Well, Part Two works. It's good, and by itself, it holds up. Unfortunately, it feels like a mismatch with Part One. Part One was "big." It packed a major emotional wallop. The thrust of that conversation was, "If you die, what will I do without you? What will happen to me if I don't have your protection and friendship? I'm kind of scared." It's a BIG question, and you handled the idea extremely sensitively and well.

Part two was, oh, great, here we go, Neal finally f***ed something up beyond recognition and Peter had to cuff him and toss him in the clink, and he's not going with him, obviously. And we don't even know how long Neal's in for. Again, it was good, but the issue is a lot smaller than death, and after the massive impact of Part One, it feels like a letdown.

You could reverse the order of the Parts to put the punch of Part One at the end, or even separate these two bookends entirely and use Part Two to create a new story, if you want. These pieces are great, but ironically, they're stronger apart than they are together. (I hope I'm making sense.)
PEMDAS chapter 2 . 11/6/2010
ooo, goosebumps. great job.
canadianscanget chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Great title, says it all and you follow with a short, sweet, concise insight into Neal & Peter. (PS you can't really dent a bullet resistant vest. Kevlar is usually woven like a fabric for them. But then again perforated doesn't fit either - Ripped? Torn? Shreaded?) Oh, and more please, dented or not. Thanks CCG
Duffy1 chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
Yes, this is very good, but you can't leave us and Neal up in the air like this. I believe that anything Neal tells Peter involving the past should be off the record and not endanger Neal's freedom. This should be understood in the series too. Peter played Neal unfairly in Vital Signs when he got him to confess about the manuscripts, but he shouldn't have. Now we don't know why Neal admitted what he did in your story. Too much of a downer. But still very well written.
kenziecaffrey chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
And he got arrested..that's sad.

It would be great to know why he did, but either way this was sad.
MaraudingSnitch1314 chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
Nicely written, once again, although this one is much more depressing than the first one was. :)
peppe1951 chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
what did he do? and how can he redo it? like your story but can't you give us a better ending other than Neal going back to prison
Duffy1 chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
I loved this. It was truly very well written and a justifiable worry for Neal to have. Would make a good idea for a real story line on the show.
Mokibobolink chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Lovely! Short and sweet with great characterizations and Neal admitting that while he did trust Jones, he trusted Peter more. Awwww...so sweet.

-Moki
MaraudingSnitch1314 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I totally agree with your reasoning. Peter would never leave Neal high and dry should anything happen to him (knock on wood). I think Hughes, Diana, and Jones have Neal's back, too. Come to think of it, the Burkes might have already written Neal into their will. Peter just wouldn't admit it, lol.
bluedragon1836 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Aw, sweet!
tigerlily0 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Very good. And very good timing - I was just thinking myself whether Neal would end up back in prison if something happened to Peter (like if he got killed). I was kind of thinking that he would, but it is definitely a nicer idea that he wouldn't!
Wondo chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I've wondered what safeguards Peter has in place for Neal in this situation. Thanks for your insight. Nice job.