Reviews for Dramione pointers
Just so you know, the chapter in that story where Hermione was with a portrait of Regulus and was married to Goyle was a joke. It was an April Fool's chapter, and the rest of the story is relatively normal. Well not really, but much better than that particular chapter.
It's kinda a bitchy thing to do telling others how to wright their fics. Just saying. But whateves. My thought is don't like it don't read it. If you feel you must take some of your obvious period-induced bitching out on some unprofessional teenaged author then use the review button.
WednesdayA 3567 chapter 1 . 1/2
Finally! A reasonable Dramione shipper! I've come across only a few serious Dramione fics that don't irk me in some way or another. This list is a guideline for success, people!
Lou2U chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
I agree with #1 - instant love is stupid, and it isn't just a problem with fanfiction - I can't tell you the amount of YA fiction I've read where true love is declared within the first 100 pages *sigh*

#2 is also true and it fits into the instant love (for me, anyway) because it's just completely unrealistic, as you've pointed out.
#3 - I don't mind a few things changing - that is why AU is used, after all, but with some things people come up with - mpreg is a notable example...ew!
#4 - Again with #3 - AU can only go so far.
#5 - Agreed.
#6 - Definitely!
#7 - I don't mind overused plots as long as they are written well. You don't have to read it if you don't like the storyline and you could write your own original fic.
#8 - I disagree with you on this one. Maybe you've read some bad 1st person fics but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.
#9 - Again, agreed.
#10 - I don't mind explicit stuff as long as there is a warning. I would prefer it to be tasteful - and lovebox? Can't believe someone used that!
DramioneDestiny chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
You got the same taste as me...
DooWOps chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Thank you for putting this up. I also have trouble completing fics that are poorly plotted and are very unrealistic. I agree that there should be logic and words such as 'cock' or 'pussy' should not be included because it ruins the entire thing. Hopefully Dramione writers will take your DOs and DON'Ts into account and more quality work will be put out :)
Cherryqueen567 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Me too lazy to log in, but i was just going to tell you that on the Babysitting Blues, Hermione wasn't actually married to Goyle. It was, if i remember correctly, an author's way of congratulating us with the 1st of April. On that very chapter the author made Regulus be a spy of Voldie and Voldie kills her. At first, i was really shocked and i just got really curious as how the author was going to end it, when she announced us that it was a joke. And afterwards, they go to the Burrow to Bill's mariage. And then, when Draco and Hermione come back, the Twins move to them. And since that, i stopped reading as i've lost where i was reading.

Anyways, i agree with you're point of view. And must i say that i enjoyed reading it.

Love,

Cherry
Elena Simons chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
I completely agree with all of your statements)))) Plus i love dramionee))))
bloodysue chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Haha I love your dos and don'ts :) One thing I keep coming across in these stories (and it's really driving me up the wall!) is the way they make Hermione beg for sex! I mean come on...how many more 'please' can you read in one frikkin story lol! It's truly appalling! XD
Nm chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
I agree with all of your points except the last one. But, to each their own. Your list was really well thought out and hopefully the advice will be taken by some authors.
motherof2malfoys chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
In your Dramione do's and don'ts i actually read the story you used as an example. in step 3 lol it was so stupid it was funny i finished it and she had Draco drink polyjuice potion of viktor and made him say weasley wizard weezes because it turned her on LOL it was really horrible.
BlueAndPurple chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Hi! A nice, well-thought out list you have there. It covers points relevant to all Draco/Hermione stories, rather than just ranting at the cliche, badly written sludge (for want of a better descriptive) that the pairing seems to accumulate.

I was inspired to comment mostly by your point regarding first person narrative. I personally feel that saying first person as a whole is a bad thing is a little overgeneralized. First person is often the easiest to write, but it is the hardest to write well - writers, especially inexperienced ones - often get caught up in giving first person narrative a "voice", which can get over the top. Or, the writing won't have voice at all and it will seem forced. However, first person done well can provide you with an insight into a character that even a close third person can match. I wouldn't say avoid first person altogether, just treat it with caution - which regretably few authors do. Oh, and PICK A POV AND KEEP IT! I find few things more infuriating in a story than a fluctuating viewpoint.

If you are interestood, What the Room Requires by Alydia Rackham is an excelent first person Dramione.

Sorry about the anon review, I don't have an account. :)
Samalama chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
This is so true! The only thing you didnt mention is the terrible grammar in some of the stories!

I read babysitting blues I could partially understand it until she slept with regulas. Then she was married to Gould like what the heck! Plus her parents were ridiculous!

Sorry about the rant! :)

Hopefully some people listen to you!
SimpsonSortia chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
This is fantastic! Completely agree with every point you make. There are some God awful writings out there, and authors that need to take a good look at this before putting pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard as the case may be.
9BlackXink9 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
s/7472170/1/bViva_b_bLas_b_bVegas_b

This is a link to a first person Dramione andd I personally rank this as one of my very favourite stories ,I don't mean to prove you wrong or anything but as soon as I saw you 1st person pointer my brain just said "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" so I scoured through my exeedingly long favourites list and found this beauty ,Re-read it then fell in love with the story is rated M just so you know and it is a little OCC but all in all it's a pretty damn awesome story.x