Reviews for Dramione pointers
DamselInDistress404 chapter 1 . 8/7
Isn't this more of a forum topic? Anyway... So I agree with one and five. Everything else really depends on the tastes of both the reader and the author. For example, I completely disagree with eight and, somewhat, with four and six and seven. I love a lot of AU/same-plot stories on here (which authors warn you about) and I think that if Draco fell in love, he wouldn't be that romantic, but show his love in ways that actually matter.
This list would be a really good idea, if it was not that deeply influenced by your own personal views, left more room for discussion, and/or was not written in this horrible mocking tone. Actually, scratch that.. I could live with it, if not for the A/Ns.
I've read a lot of stories that were not to my liking... at all. That doesn't mean that they're bad, though. If you don't like them, stop reading them. If they put time and effort into writing, I'm sure you can spend five minutes reading to decide whether it will be a waste of your "precious" time.
Honestly, majority of the writers on this site do not have a degree in creative writing and are doing this for fun. They share their crazy plots for our entertainment and to see if they're any good. They do not get money for this and deserve constructive criticism and words of encouragement, rather than someone publicly labeling their stories as bad. Also, if you judge their stories, do so with your actual username so they could return the favor.

Lastly, Curiositykils? Now, if that is not the case, I'm sorry. And if it is... You're good, but suuuuuuch a hypocrite for breaking your own rules.
Blackcat8539 chapter 1 . 6/19
Tough love at the end there right?
I must say, I myself am guilty of SOME of these things. I am trying to change them though, I believe myself to be a redeemed Ron hater and in my next story will be sure to fix my previous status on the matter.
I would like to point out, not to cause an argument, that you did miss the whole Ron issue. I find, not to bash my own stories, that Ron hating Dramione fics generally COMPLETELY ruin it as its unrealistic and I think that it should be one of your arguments. Although then I suppose it wouldn't be '10' points would it?
Also, I know that this was posted in 2010 and I have no idea if you are even still on fanfiction but I would love to hear why first person is so bad. I've read a couple of fics in FP that are great. I am generally curious on this matter and would love to have a reasonable chat about it if you ever read this review.
All in all I do think that this idea is great although for some reason I rarely come across them, which is why I'm taking the time to write this review, I don't generally find these.
Hopefully nothing I've said was offensive as I did not intend any of it that way. If you still use fanfiction and read reviews please message me back if you have the time. I really do want someone to explain about first person as a LOT of fanfiction authors say the same thing.
Cheers.
MereWhispers chapter 1 . 2/7
I favourited this to keep in mind what you've pointed out. Though, about the 'Good 1st Person Dramione', you must try 'provocative envy'. Few stories of hers are in 1st Person, and - needless to say - brilliant.

I 100% agree with the tenth point! I mean, imagine, in between a dark, tragic tale, Dramione decide to have 'bunny sex' and they're yelling: "Your cunt is so sweet!" "Your cock is so smooth!" "Yes, Yes, eat my pussy!" "Ooh! Yeah! Fuvck me harder!"

Unreasonable, much? HELL YEAH!

I mean - SHITE! Gross.
Potterfan chapter 1 . 3/6/2015
You really are a pig fart aren't you? And arrogant with it. Also a coward, otherwise you would reveal the name you write under so we can all have a chance to judge you against your own rules...
Guest chapter 1 . 1/24/2015
The story where Hermione is a prostitute to support her sick daughter is an adaptation of Les Miserables. I agree with a lot of your points, though. And, there are several terrible fan fics that i cannot stomach.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
Fuck you!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Just so you know, the chapter in that story where Hermione was with a portrait of Regulus and was married to Goyle was a joke. It was an April Fool's chapter, and the rest of the story is relatively normal. Well not really, but much better than that particular chapter.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
It's kinda a bitchy thing to do telling others how to wright their fics. Just saying. But whateves. My thought is don't like it don't read it. If you feel you must take some of your obvious period-induced bitching out on some unprofessional teenaged author then use the review button.
WednesdayA 3567 chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Finally! A reasonable Dramione shipper! I've come across only a few serious Dramione fics that don't irk me in some way or another. This list is a guideline for success, people!
Lou2U chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
I agree with #1 - instant love is stupid, and it isn't just a problem with fanfiction - I can't tell you the amount of YA fiction I've read where true love is declared within the first 100 pages *sigh*

#2 is also true and it fits into the instant love (for me, anyway) because it's just completely unrealistic, as you've pointed out.
#3 - I don't mind a few things changing - that is why AU is used, after all, but with some things people come up with - mpreg is a notable example...ew!
#4 - Again with #3 - AU can only go so far.
#5 - Agreed.
#6 - Definitely!
#7 - I don't mind overused plots as long as they are written well. You don't have to read it if you don't like the storyline and you could write your own original fic.
#8 - I disagree with you on this one. Maybe you've read some bad 1st person fics but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.
#9 - Again, agreed.
#10 - I don't mind explicit stuff as long as there is a warning. I would prefer it to be tasteful - and lovebox? Can't believe someone used that!
DramioneDestiny chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
You got the same taste as me...
DooWOps chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Thank you for putting this up. I also have trouble completing fics that are poorly plotted and are very unrealistic. I agree that there should be logic and words such as 'cock' or 'pussy' should not be included because it ruins the entire thing. Hopefully Dramione writers will take your DOs and DON'Ts into account and more quality work will be put out :)
Cherryqueen567 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Me too lazy to log in, but i was just going to tell you that on the Babysitting Blues, Hermione wasn't actually married to Goyle. It was, if i remember correctly, an author's way of congratulating us with the 1st of April. On that very chapter the author made Regulus be a spy of Voldie and Voldie kills her. At first, i was really shocked and i just got really curious as how the author was going to end it, when she announced us that it was a joke. And afterwards, they go to the Burrow to Bill's mariage. And then, when Draco and Hermione come back, the Twins move to them. And since that, i stopped reading as i've lost where i was reading.

Anyways, i agree with you're point of view. And must i say that i enjoyed reading it.

Love,

Cherry
Elena Simons chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
I completely agree with all of your statements)))) Plus i love dramionee))))
bloodysue chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Haha I love your dos and don'ts :) One thing I keep coming across in these stories (and it's really driving me up the wall!) is the way they make Hermione beg for sex! I mean come on...how many more 'please' can you read in one frikkin story lol! It's truly appalling! XD