Reviews for Maintenance Man
CaptainOfMyShip chapter 5 . 6/26/2012
Why is your first chapter shorter than the rest? Oh, I love the chapter titles by the way. How it all kind of...metaphors...yeah.

Dear lord, Mello is a fool. When are the fights ever -not- sexy? Wow, really interesting outlook on their relationship, though. And why it never did this before. Matt's such the voice of reason...too bad no one listens to him. I wanted to be upset with Mello for ruining the mood, but I bet Matt does look kind of ridiculous. That's what I love about your writing. There's what I want to happen...and then there's what would have happened, in a Death Note kind of world, where it's all kind of...not satisfying, but very real. You are the king of in character. Well done, even if it does mean that Near demands to be put down, despite his undeniable cuteness. Only thing is, if Matt has wanted this as much as it seems he has, why is he pushing it so much? Demanding things when he's in handcuffs, asking for a cig mid-sex...part of me wants to tell him to shut up and feel lucky. But I guess then it wouldn't be as fun.

It's interesting hearing NEAR call someone -else- his precious little uke. O.O

A little surreal.

Lol. Near humping away is a totally not hot description. At all. It makes him sound like one of those chihuahuas on a bigger dog's leg. A fluffy white one.

And then sex. And then cute. Can't say I disapprove.

Oh. My. God. I just now realized that this is a prequel of sorts to the butler one. sh*t, man, give a chick some warning. Now I feel all out of order. I mean, I suspected before, briefly, but now I'm genuinely upset I didn't read it right. Seriously.

Just one sentence in the description would do.

Anyways, wonderful fic. You are an amazing writer. Thank you for sharing.
CaptainOfMyShip chapter 4 . 6/26/2012
HAHAHAHA. Near just throws out his clothes. I figured he'd have someone do his laundry, but this is a little more stubborn and 'independant' in the way that only he can be. Well written. Wow, a little bit of brutal reality in the reasons why Mello wants Near to strip. Very, ah, Mello of him. A small complaint, though even I haven't decided if I really mind or not...

"He thought his best assets were in the front." This totally took me out of the mood of the piece because all I could think was...NEAR THINKS ABOUT WHERE HIS BEST ASSETS ARE?

"Mine's better." Does Mello always sound that d*mn childish and...oh, wait, he does. Well done then. D*MN! That was some very fitting revenge on Near's part.

"like tapping out of a wrestling match." Everything is symbols for manga and anime characters, isn't it?

police issue c*ck rings. What a wonderful thought.

That whole "what are you supposed to be again? our butler?" is incredibly insulting. I have to admit, the farther I go, the more I understand why Matt feels so f*cked when he realizes he likes them both.

Mello's thoughts "That's hot...and sort of cute...and hot"

Matt's thoughts "Yesyesyesyesyes...I hope they were joking about hurting me but yesyesyes..."

Near's thoughts "This is a lot of work. I'm fairly certain I'm fantastic, though. But really, too much effort."

Now I'm waiting for the beating to follow. Because none of them are nice people, really.

Why -won't- they kiss?
CaptainOfMyShip chapter 3 . 6/26/2012
Ohhhh, yesterchapter makes sense now. They took the blow me comment so literally because they wanted to in the first place. Sadistic little weirdoes, aren't they? I love it. You always write them so dysfunctional, but it beats OOC. Matt's just sitting there all sad and oblivious thinking "Hmmm...doesn't look like THEIR first time with each other." So is it? Does that question get answered? When you wrote that Matt wondered if he'd blacked out and was dreaming it all, I pictured how that'd look and laughed.

Matt: "Why don't you two just blow me!"

*passes out*

*Near looks bored*

*Mello pokes him with foot*

Matt: "nnngh...Near...please..."

*Near's eyes widen* *Mello laughs*

Matt: "kiss Mello again..."

*Mello's eyes widen*

And it was great, too, when Mello told Matt to beg better. "No, I have my dignity!" he said, lying on the ground, handcuffed, panting, and hopelessly in love with the two of them. yeah, right.

I love how seriously they take it as a contest. Talking logistics, and such. It's very...well, embarrassing for Matt, but it seems in character. And the rest is just cute. 'Cept for the bits that are hot. Which is all of it. Cute and hot. Cot? Hute? I mentally cheer for demanding!handcuffed!Matt.
CaptainOfMyShip chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Oops. I only opened a review tab on chapter two, and my problem is I never review unless i do it on the go. Anyways. Matt's fantasies of the two of them are cute. I like. HAHAHAHA. The cop a feel off bit was brilliant as well. The usual nine to five, right Matt? What I don't get is, when Matt rants at them and says, "Why don't you both just blow me?", shouldn't they think of it in the abstract? Like "f*ck off" or even "f*ck you" isn't exactly a proposition. Matt's always scared of getting fired in your mind, isn't he? You know, come to think of it, Near DOES suck at darts. Why have I never thought of that? The only thing I don't love is...at the end...Matt is uncharacteristically stupid. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking? "Are they really crazy enough to beat me up? Nah, it's just a sex thing. They wouldn't hurt me." *rolls eyes* riiiiight.
Leh chapter 5 . 11/11/2011
Freaking ridiculously hot and happy. Definitely something I will keep re-reading at least once a year if not five.
Selvira chapter 5 . 5/27/2011
Aw... So cute! It's a great story. I can't get over Matt playing Dragon Age: Origins! I wonder which origin he'd be? Anyway, great job!
Nihil Forem chapter 5 . 1/24/2011
Good fluff indeed. I especially like how you refer to their little threesome as a "the system." I'm certain Matt would rationalize computer metaphors for a bunch of emotionally immature (and obviously sexually frustrated) geniuses.
Nihil Forem chapter 2 . 1/24/2011
This is quite interesting. I've read very little MelloxNear (or Matt, for that matter) that I've enjoyed-so this should be a good ride. Very few authors can really capture the dynamics of the Wammy kids' ways of thinking (outlined by the manga, anyway).

I'll let you know what I think at the end of it. Engaging so far.
nekoluver chapter 5 . 9/18/2010
How did Matt not DIE watching Mello and Near together like that?

This is possibly the most erotic thing I've ever read, and I kinda love the ending.
Libraria chapter 3 . 9/18/2010
"Why am I the only one still wearing pants?" Mello piped up after a moment.

"They're nice pants." Matt said, reminding them both that he was there.

That made me laugh so much. XDDD
Kishimojin chapter 2 . 8/29/2010
I was tired when I uploaded this, and didn't edit much, so I give myself a poor review.

I had to go back and fix a problem with Mello's shirt changing to a vest, and some dialog in the last chapter between Near and Matt where it wasn't clear who was seme.

I really want to know if you find something incongruent like that, it comes from writing this for over a week.
Aries07 chapter 3 . 8/28/2010
awww another clifthanger!

hahahha im starting to really like clifthangers!

they give you something to look forward to!

keep up the AWSOME WORK!

KD-CHOCOLATE
Kishimojin chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Heh, sorry. I thought it would be another 3-4k words or so, but I didn't finish tonight, even though the new chapter should appear soon. (I uploaded it)

I have another big chunk already written after that, Still working on the rest for the end.

I just want to make sure all three get to have their fun, you know :D
Aries07 chapter 2 . 8/27/2010
aHHH MAN!

a clifthanger...(pounting) not fair!

AWSOMSE STORY KEEP WRITING PLEZZZ!

KD-CHOCOLATE