Reviews for Brave Bird
StabbytheMisanthrope chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
You killed Beast Boy? ;_; You are a cruel, cruel bastard. A cruel bastard who writes very, very well.

I liked how you kept it simple, not elaborating too much. It's like Raven herself is barely interested in the why, only the what. (Which is appropriate for stories like this. Just-so explanations and forced set-ups can kill fics like this.) You made a good call, simply saying, "It's like this," and letting the dissonance and raw feeling slam full force into the reader.

I loved the bit where Raven tries to sew the hole in her cloak... and by implication, her heart. Did I mention that I fucking love symbolism like that? Well, I fucking love symbolism.

I love to read spare, discomfiting stories like this (even though they make me want to read something incredibly fluffy immediately afterward). Even more so, I wish I could *write* like this—and that is the highest praise I have to offer.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Um ... if Mockingjay is "worse" than this, I have no intention of ever - EVER - reading it. This was extremely disturbing. Effective, but disturbing.
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
WHOA... This is AWESOME! *U* I think I DO want to read those books now (what're they about?) ! *U* I LOVE THIS! It's so dark and sad and AWESOME! *U* *U* And I LOVE the way you portrayed Beast Boy and Raven's friendship! And DARN IT! nice plan, Mr. Higher-Up-So-I'm-More-Intelligent! XC BEAUTIFUL work, in all! *U* *U* Also, ROCK ON with the title; Pokemon RULES! *U*
Zanzibar Schlieffen III chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
What an immensely rewarding work! It touches upon many dystopian themes, revealing to the reader a side of our heros that is quite disturbing. The cold, detached tone empowers the fic with a sort of existentialist profundity. I thought it was wise of you to avoid romance and smut. The tale would've been boring had it simply been one of those typical "Lover's death" fics. I loved reading this!
annicaspoon chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
This was amazing. I've actually thought of a few stories where the Titans are in some sort of war but never went more into it. This was great though, albeit sad. God, I can't even put into words how much I liked this. I especially liked the end part where Raven was trying to be more Beast Boy-like for the others. Love it, love it, love it.

Clair-Rae
Stumblefoot chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I like your writing but I think I shall have to read Mockingjay to really "get" the story. Stumblefoot
bk00 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
...damn. that's really depressing
B00k Freak chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
omg so sad! Belive it or not i thought of Mockingjay within sentences of this fics initiation. God, when that bomb went off I cried. And even more when Katniss found Buttercup in district 12.

Brilliant fic, well done.

Nightlock nightlock nightlock.
100 Silver Wings chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Just..wow. Very heartfelt, demented, deep, scandolous, cruel, harsh, insane, and overall wonderful.