Reviews for A Pirates Life
avatarjk137 chapter 7 . 11/13/2010
Le gasp, Remy got slammed with CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. And interesting development it is, although I would've preferred you took the chance to set him up as hating the main characters without actually making him evil. I think there was ample room to make him a sympathetic villain here.

Jorgen's actions, on the other hand, were entirely understandable, and I liked that. I also liked Wandissimo choosing a bow. The fairy's got style.
TweenisodeOrange chapter 7 . 11/13/2010
Jorgen will never admit it, but he's got a soft spot for Timmy. It's the only explanation.
Zim'sMostLoyalServant chapter 7 . 11/13/2010
I liked Jorgen's reaction to his leg getting wounded - it sounded like what he'd say. And I can't wait to see Sandy's reaction to finding out about Timmy's fairies.

And speaking of Timmy, I liked his character development here. Nothing like almost crossing the line but then not doing it to show how good a character really is.

SOLmaster chapter 6 . 10/23/2010
This is pretty good. I'm glad that my story was able to inspire you, I hope you keep up the good work.
avatarjk137 chapter 6 . 10/23/2010
Not bad. Interesting, the episodic way you've set this adventure up. "A series of barely describable swordfights" in chapter 5 was just painful, but the action in Chapter 6 was actually pretty good, except for the arbitrary tech exceptions Jenny gets. I also keep wondering if you're going to reveal Vlad as a half-ghost, since he's mysteriously escaped a situation that should have killed him. You get a little hung up on making it historically accurate sometimes; I like it when you're technically accurate, but I don't like it when a character stops to lecture on how technically accurate the piece is. Anyway, I'm finally caught up.
TweenisodeOrange chapter 6 . 10/4/2010
Oh, poor Timmy. It's a hard-knock life for him.

GO GIRLS!
Zim'sMostLoyalServant chapter 6 . 10/4/2010
I like how you adapted the "Ember as a siren" thing. Vlad using her as a weapon against the pirates was a nice touch, and I really liked her revenge against him at the end.

Also, I liked how Vlad didn't recognize Ember's electric guitar because it hadn't been invented yet.

And the fact that you're continuing Timmy's storyline in chapters not focusing on him is enjoyable; it adds some good inner-continuity to the story.

TweenisodeOrange chapter 5 . 9/29/2010
Dun Dun Dun! The East India Trading company is coming to get yooooou!

"Darn those other pirates! They ruined piracy!" That made me laugh.
King Spritzee chapter 5 . 9/29/2010
This is an interesting chapter you have here. I couldn't help but notice a minor, yet fixable oops: you forgot the word "physics". Other than that, this is a good chapter.

Keep on Truckin',

Clockwork Oracle King
Zim'sMostLoyalServant chapter 5 . 9/29/2010
I somehow get the feeling that since Aragorn and Dora were mentioned that they'll be showing up again in the future (since that didn't get much of an explanation here). It'll be interesting to see where you go with that plotline, especially since it's gotten the Company involved.

Meanwhile, I liked how Spongebob and Plankton acted the same way on finding the Golden Ship, and Plankton's reaction when Spongebob made him realize why he couldn't profit from having his ship and crew turned to gold as well.

avatarjk137 chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
I know I'm not caught up with the story yet, but I have a bit of critique here. For a story with a good amount of action, you don't have much variety to the fighting. You should add some details so that we can enjoy the fight scenes rather than just use them to advance the plot. Everybody's using a sword or an unspecified blunt object - it wouldn't hurt to vary that up with other pirate-era weapons, like flintlock pistols, blunderbusses, muskets with bayonets, hand bombs, knives, and so forth. As long as you have Skulker and Jenny still as robots, perhaps they should have plasma swords or something, or maybe wild characters like Crocker could dual wield - many pirates in real life used a cutlass in one hand and a knife or a pistol in the other. You also have your heroes hitting people with the flat of their blades - I know you're going for a K plus rating, but seriously, there are a hundred better ways to handle vaguely kid-friendly violence than to give characters swords and not let them cut people.
avatarjk137 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Not half bad!
TweenisodeOrange chapter 4 . 9/20/2010
When I said that this story was totally amazing, I didn't you should stop writing in all you other stories.

jk

But serriously, I hope you'll update your other stories too. Don't sweat it if it's writer's block.
Zim'sMostLoyalServant chapter 4 . 9/20/2010
I like how you captured Wandissimo's character - especially how his jacket just kept ripping off on its own. Also, I liked how his crew was composed entirely of snobby rich people.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Zim'sMostLoyalServant chapter 3 . 9/15/2010
Hmm, I sense a long-term plot with Vlad and Danny's rivalry and past, and also with Tucker spying on him for the crew. That's a good touch - no offense to SOLMaster, but he seemed to be making his story up as it went along.

Anyway, I can't help but wonder what Calamitous and Vlad were talking about at the end there. Can't wait to see.