Reviews for Toy Soldiers
Lexy chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I'd have broken ranks too to save Sammy, to save my sibling. But unlike Dean I wouldn't have stood there and let John chew me out over going to family that needed me, I'd probally end up retorting with well next time you're injured I'll just leave you to die then!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Dean's ultimate loyalty went only to Sammy.
casammy chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Poor dean, really I am sorry that I spread sammy I rebel dean was not capable of going with him
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
That was really sad. Heartbreaking really. I always had major issues with John Winchester. He was NOT my favorite Winchester by any means. I always felt he put his dead wife ahead of his two very live sons. He should have been happy and grateful that he had these two beautiful children but instead he either put them in the front lines of his little war or neglected them altogether. Leaving them to battle the monsters that weren't of the supernatural kind. I always wondered where CPS was? I always felt those boys should have stayed with Bobby who never took those beautiful boys for granted.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
A very powerful fic and I can feel your own emotions running through your words.

I liked how you repeated the sentence "We are soldiers. We are just pliable, malleable..." it really showed the impact not only to Dean but also to the audience. Very well done.

But most of all I liked the ending. How you spun Dean's sad and poignant realisation into something positive; how they work stronger as a unit, supportive and there for each other in times of need.

Lovely fic! Take care, Abbi
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
I am pleased to hear Dean finally come to the realization. He really needed to. I so LOVE how this story came out. Well done!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Loved the comparison and Dean's conversion into Sam's field. Guess it was a painful one for Sam and probably just as painful for Dean, even though for him it was more emotionally painful. Great job. Hugs, Vonnie
rog457 chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Great little fic.

I'm not sure Dean would ever allow himself to actually think these things. He needed to believe completely in John or else his whole life wouldnt have made any sense.

I can see him though defying John in order to take care of Sam since Sam was always his first priority, though I cant really see John yelling at Dean for taking care of Sam if he had been that badly hurt. John could be single minded and neglectful of his sons, but he truly did love them.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
*prayers that everything's okay with Darksupernatural* great
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I had to read this twice because I couldn't see the first time. Absolutely beautiful, sis. You know how I'm feeling, so well and you channel that into Dean protecting Sam, helping to pick up the pieces and put him back together. I don't know how you did it, but that is the most beautiful, strengthening thing I've ever read. You have no idea how much this means to me. THANK YOU.

Love ya.
supernatfem76 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I liked how you used the words toy soldier to describe Sam and Dean's relationship with their Dad and to describe their strength as a family. Great job! chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Great fic, not too drabbley at all! Could imagine John consumed with the hunt, but Dean not being able ignore the pull of injured Sam. And typical of John to ream Dean out as soon as it was obvious Sam had turned a corner and would recover.
cindy123 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Beautiful story hon. John makes me so mad! LOL Put the hunt first? When your baby boy is lying broken at the bottom of the stairs? Forget about it! Dean did the right thing...screw John! Okay...rant over! Loved it, as I do all of your stuff. Darksupernatural and her hubby are in my prayers.

claireyfoofairy chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Wow, I really liked this. Got me all teary eyed and everything. Good work.
123kat chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I really think Dean may have thought that through the times when Sammy was hurt. Great job!