Reviews for Kind of Like Me
bibliophilea chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
Ah, Danny Lancer bonding. I always enjoy those stories. [::
Ruby 1334 chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
This story is so touching and meaningful! Great job!
SmartyMcSmartle chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Justice for Mr. Lancer!

This really does pinpoint how Mr. Lancer is a good character, despite how the main characters think of him. Nice job.
Lmb111514 chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
This was great, I loved the heart to heart moment.:)
maltese chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I LOVED IT! SO much! Yeah, I can totally see that :)
jeanette9a chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
cool! ,
Calcium oxide chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Excellent story. It was beautiful :D
wfea chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
I really enjoyed this story. Honestly, this story is one of the first ones in a while that I've read and really really really liked. :) You did an excellent job portraying both Danny and Lancer, even though it was in Danny's POV.

I loved the feeling that Danny was about to reveal his secret and then the sudden change that he didn't. It was refreshing...and a nice change from the stories that are always about Danny revealing himself to Lancer and then everything being peachy. I love that Danny and Lancer both came to a respect for each other and that the secret is still intact.

I also think you captured the job of a teacher very well. Teachers are people too; now if only students could understand that. I have good relationships with many of my teachers and you're exactly right, they are "kind of like me."
Danny Phantom Phanatic chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
awesome story!
dizappearingirl chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I love Lancer and Danny pieces. :) This was a nice one to read. I like Danny's realization at the end. It's so true; Lancer, Danny, and many others are taken at face value and people don't see the truth behind what they do. Glad Danny realized that in this.

-Dizgirl
avearia chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Beautiful. I've seen several Lancer fics (he's such a fun character to kick around in a story, to mold and change, because of his position in the show) but very few ever get it THIS right. So many have Lancer stories as a stranger outside looking in, or discovering what Danny does for others. This fic makes it a great example of two things: That Lancer doesn't need to know Danny's secret to understand he's extraordinary, and that Danny can turn to Lancer for support-that Lancer and many teachers are not the big bad life-ruiners that many make them out to be.

You also make such a realistic portrayal of high school life, from Danny's bored thoughts to his friendly interaction, and especially Dash's two-face persona from teachers and the students he bullies. The threat of suspension I might argue with, since I personally knew several kids who got away with coming to school once a week and the school didn't so much as blink at them. Perhaps it's a school-to-school basis thing. The story held water as a whole though, and the details fleshed out your own interperetation of the DP world.

There are minor things I could crit on. A handful of grammar mistakes, and slightly slow wording at one point. But those are few and far between- This fic shines beautifully and I have nothing I would change.

Thanks for making this, it made my day.

Dare to Dream,

Avearia
Google chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
Loved it! It was really nice.
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Brilliant- and a take on the Lancer/Danny thing that I haven't seen before! (/and I was here when the fandom had less than 700 fics.../)
dragondancer123 chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Hey, I was like that in high school too! Total fail!

Anyway, excellent! Very very well done! I actually like that Lancer didn't actually learn his secret. I've seen that done time and time again, and it's very refreshing to have something a little different.

I loved Danny's sarcastic commentary through the whole thing, and I hope I get to read more of it!

Hip to be Square,

Dragon
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Me likey! I love Mr. Lancer!

I also love how you made this more about Lancer showing compassion and understanding for Danny and less "Lancer finds out his secret"... it added a lot.

Glad you wrote this, despite your hands hurting now! Loved it! :)