Reviews for The Bong Bong Princess
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
Oh I loved this! I know, I'm beginning to sound like a broken record... When Sam said in the episode that he prayed every day, I just wanted to hug him. After everything he'd seen and been through, he still believed in good. I love your explination, and how like him to begin praying in the hope of protecting his family from afar. The other thing I'll say is, Dean's little game to keep Sammy occupied? Cute! :)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Oh awesome. I love the idea you've set up of how and when and why Sam started praying. It made a lot of sense. It was fun to see Dean's idea of when it might have started too, though, of course. And how interesting that hymn-paper-airplanes would lead to something like that? A possessed nun already hounding tiny Sam? Eeeeesh. All the way back then, but of course they didn't know why and put it out of their minds. Loved how it all came together.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
I totally loved this - a terrific exploration of Sam's praying that draws on so many important story lines. Very satisfying and well done. Makes my heart break for both of them.
Von chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Another awesome story. Odd how you seem to have slipped under the radar here!

I hope the sister's head-thrown-back bit was to get un-demonfied. :S :S
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Fantastic coda! Wonderful work! :)
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Another good story!
Madebyme chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
I can't tell you how exciting it is to have so many new fics from you to wallow in! I'm just sorry that it's taking me so long to get through them but I'm relishing every word.

This fic was especially tender and heartfelt. I really liked how you blended in the flashback so effortlessly; Dean's fierce protection of Sam and the weight of his responsibilities so visible even at such a young age.

The flashback of Sam and Dean in the Church, with a young Sam copying Dean's every move was a highlight for me. It's difficult to capture the essence of the adult boys we know so well and translate that into an accurate picture of a child but you did it so well. From the spoken language, to Dean's introspection about thinking how to keep Sam amused and entertained, to the finger counting, the paper air-planes and little Sam's face when they're caught! This is quite possibly my favourite Wee-chester scene ever.

Sam's true reason for starting to pray really worked for me. The logic that he would fear for his family after he left for Stanford feels right and I totally fell head over heels for the ending. The admission from Sam about having faith in his brother and the oh so Dean like remark of "Just go to sleep, Sammy” before the pause and heartfelt if quiet final addition of "I'll be right here if you need me”. A perfect example of how so often with these boys it's not always what they say but the meaning behind the words that holds the truth.

Another great fic, you crammed so much into this – I just can't wait for the next one! Catch you again soon. Take care, Abbi
twomom chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
This story had it all. Humor, insight and hurt/comfort. I love how you go back and forth in the boys lives and tie it all together. I loved that episode when Sam said he prayed and why. You can only imagine what goes on in his head that God never listened to him. Only Dean. Amazing story. You really bring out some good ideas and viewpoints in your writings. Thanks!
masondixon chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
I always enjoy your stories. And really liked the relationship you showed here between the two boys both as children and adults. Being Jewish I have never understood the thoughts and beliefs of any church so, I have to admit, here it just seemed sinister and evil. I guess that fit the Supernatural theme throughout.

As always, no matter where, no matter what, Dean is always looking out for his brother.

THank You for the story.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
This was really a beautiful coda for "Houses of the Holy", Harrigan.

The way you interwove the memories from 1988 (especially the part with Dean promising to save Sam even back then) with the time line from that episode and how the brothers reacted in the light of what had happened was very conclusive.

Also convincing was the mild concussion Sammy suffered from initially collapsing when the late Father Gregory visited him, and the way Dean took care of his brother right away.

Lovely mention of the haunting of the epsiode "Roadkill" by the way.

Really well done, Harrigan.
primadonna cat chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I liked how you wove the story of little Sammy being told he hurt Jesus when he was bad into adult Sam who always was worried he would really go bad! Good work!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Hey, Harrigan! You sure packed a lot of fun stuff into this short fic-the Weechesters flash-back, the contents of missals, finger-math, the story within the story, Dean's flashback within the flashback (Mary reading), the recap of the end of HotH, a little h/c, a Stanford flashback, and a brief preview of Roadkill. Wow, my friend, that's a heap, and it was all good! So glad to see it here.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I always found that episode unsettling - Sam is disillusioned and Dean is unsure. The memory was interesting. An old Sister in full habit could be quite intimidating even if not possessed! It was illuminating to see when Sam had started to pray, and that the prayer was that his family be safe. Now it is Dean that he has faith in, it has never been in vain.

Good story.
gapdragon1 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I really liked this - nice touch with nun/author - thank you