Reviews for Remus Lupin, PI
SeverlyLate chapter 20 . 4/8
Thats a great storytelling. Well, at least this is true for the first half of the story. The second is scattered, filled with annoying and irrelevant girls and utterly disappointing.
SeverlyLate chapter 1 . 4/8
Wow, what a good story this seems to be!
And built around Lupin at that, who probably is one of the most useless and pathetic characters in canon.
old-crow chapter 20 . 3/31
Hi,

Very well done! This was a first rate example of fine storytelling.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Old-Crow
Avalonemyst chapter 20 . 3/21
Awesomeness
Gioia chapter 20 . 3/16
I adore this story so very much. Again, I think it is the narrative voice (So dry! So British!) which captivates me as much as the fantastic characterizations and plot. I loved how you didn't try to make the protagonists into mirror images of their canon counterparts. Instead, you used the canon alterations as a way to show how minor differences in one's life and available choices will of course make certain logical alterations to the person.

Thank you!
Gioia chapter 2 . 3/15
I love the details you include here. You also have delighted me with your use of a marvelously disinterested, passive 3rd . It works surprisingly well here, fitting perfectly with the fas├žade of indifferent mildness that Remus projected even in canon, as a mask for his more passionate and even volatile emotions.

I am especially intrigued with your idea that the Dursley's weren't pursuingchild benefits because they don't want the neighborhood seeing them as the recipients of any form of government benefits. What a brilliant point! I really ought to know better at my age, but I had forgotten that the checks wouldn't have been direct deposited in the early eighties. This was a fantastic detail you thought to include. Well done!
Fast Frank chapter 19 . 2/1
Oh, you evil, evil author, turning Nagini into a character, only to have her perish so ignominiously.
Fast Frank chapter 7 . 2/1
You don't actually brandish the Clipboard of Power, just glance at it or make an occasional note.
readingaccount chapter 20 . 12/19/2014
Love it! Such a clever story.
at-nightfall chapter 20 . 12/5/2014
I like this story very much.
The conclusion is a bit short, but very fitting.
Regards
at-nightfall chapter 6 . 12/5/2014
The German term is "Geld stinkt nicht". Word for word translations of English to German or the other way round rarely work well. I still remember one lecture from my university days, where I had to retranslate the English lecture word by word to German to get any meaning. (The lecturer read her lecture from a transcript.)
at-nightfall chapter 2 . 12/5/2014
When the Eurocheque was introduced in 1969, giro transfers were already state of the art in Western Europe. These were one of the reasons credit cards never were used much in Western Europe. So giro transfers were usually preferred over cheques before Harry was born. The tax offices used and still uses giro transfer. Cheques were sometimes used for paying taxes, especially as long as handing in the cheque to the tax office on the due date was acceptable.

The European banking systems are very different from the US ones, and the interface used to be painful. Now it is only bad. (At least for small sums of money I used to send actual bank notes to the US. A giro transfer used to be $20 or more.) Here in Germany you get a credit card for your first trip to the US.
BlazeStryker chapter 19 . 11/7/2014
Is it sad that I played the SG-1 opening theme when I read the title of that book by Jack O'Neill?
BlazeStryker chapter 16 . 11/7/2014
The Editorial Page as social pressure valve.

"Let people talk, as that's where most will leave it. But be ready to act."-attributed by the Emperor to his mother in the science fiction novel *The Guardsman*.
csheila chapter 20 . 11/4/2014
Terrific story. I haven't laughed out loud so much since Noncon's A Black Comedy.

Great plotting and characterization. I really appreciated the drama without the angst.

Thanks