Reviews for Falling From Carousels
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Absolutely lovely. Very poetic and just...wow!
agentscully6 chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
beautiful and poetic. Your fiction is food for the soul.
tonysmel chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
This was so lovely, but have to admit, left me feeling so sad it hurts. I think this is what happens to these characters, as the cruel powers that be manipulate them only so close, until they tear them apart again. If only they were brave enough to tell each other how much they truly loved and needed the other, they could eliminate so much angst.
Ryalin chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Another stunning effort. You got me at "And the resulting collision of senses seems worth the crash when he's buried up to his soul in her and she's exhaling mysteries that could either be his name exalted or curses upon them both."
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
You are most definitely, the master of expansion. It's like someone took the phrase "morning after" and said make it a thousand times longer and angstier. What I found striking about this go round was that there was NO indicator it was ffic. This could have been original! No names, no clues. You should post it somewhere...I hate to say 'legit,' but you know what I mean. :)
Gemcity08 chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful :)
Kew121 chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Zaedah, as always you are the master of sentence construction and diction. Love the impact you can add with the simple change of modal verb: "she thinks perhaps she shall not care." I would love to see you write something one day that combines the stunning, emotional impact of this piece with some more specific and concrete details of Tony and Ziva's situation (place, time, visual details). I think that would be even more of a gut-puncher than this "Where's Waldo of repetitive rhythms and trickiness" (another nice turn of phrase, by the way).
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Another spectacular story! I'm running out of adjectives to describe the majesticness of your words.
Schmaltzy chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
The great thing about “repetitive rhymes and trickiness”? You can mask what could be a T story under a K rating ;).

Your language, as always, is so expressive. It feels wrong pulling them from the context of the full story, but lines I particularly enjoyed are:

* … he cannot retain the ill-gotten gratification without reenacting the crime.

* When the fingers of night scale barren walls where their shadows used to meet for the dance, there is mourning..

* The universe does not stretch to infinity but rather has become ensnared on a rebellious star, folding in on itself like burning paper.

* He is a criminal sneaking into a darkened dwelling and she is the resident screaming at the intrusion.

In curiosity of your writing style, I have to ask - do you pluck this all from imagination or do you try and set the scene (in the, er, G rated sense of setting the scene ;) ) and make observations from that?
mia58 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I not only love your stories, but I also love the titles you give them. This was the most poetic Tiva angst I've ever read. I have a question: if every word of compromise is a thorn of blossoming lies, then does their path of return lead them to the same place as before, and not to a better place?
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
This inability to accept what they have seems to fit the TIVA dynamic perfectly.

And makes me very sad.
23roses chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
this is an absolutely beautiful turn of phrase. just wow.

"worth the crash when he's buried up to his soul in her and she's exhaling mysteries"
Ink On Paper chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Ah, Zaedah. Lovely as ever and so very very satisfying as always. Your writing is decidely soothing, the patterns you weave and the picture you paint a soft colored abstract that calms the mind.

*Sigh*

Must I even say it?

Inky.
Mooncombo chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Wow. I think that this is my new favorite Zaedah story. Thank you.
jelenamichel chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
As ever, I am in awe of your talent. This was beautiful and honest and painful. Loved it.