Reviews for Found
MHC1987 chapter 8 . 1/19
Great use of the Lewis' kitchen. I think it is a wonderful closing chapter. Lewis explaining to Morse about the fact that women have a different view of time elapsing when it comes to relationships is great. Morse's willingness to humble himself and go to her is very well written. The Lewis family proves that they are very good and supportive friends to both of them. Yet, they are protective of her when Morse comes calling. The conversation between Morse and Maitland is believable and in character. It is a good balance of honesty, affection and taking the risk of moving their relationship forward. Him asking her to wait a week for them to make their engagement public is believable. Her agreeing to it is, too. And I like that he tries to be as proper as possible in how he asks her to marry him, given that they are in the Lewis' kitchen.
MHC1987 chapter 6 . 1/19
Very good illustrations of meeting the family, his and hers. Great humor
MHC1987 chapter 7 . 1/19
His analysis of her club outfit is cute and well described. So is their conversation about her going to a club.
MHC1987 chapter 5 . 1/19
Her complete acceptance of him not wanting to tell her his first name until he was ready would do something special to him. It made him see she was accepting of him, and as you write it so well, that endears her to him very deeply. Not too many people get close to him, but she has. When he finally tells her how he feels about her, it's what they both need to hear. You've written it quite well. Neither of them throws around the "I love you" phrase unless they are quire serious about it.
MHC1987 chapter 4 . 1/19
You have incorporated a review of the case where they met very well. Further, the mention of his "defeatist" tendency and his believing that he would ruin any relationship with her and her not being comfortable telling him she loved him, helps to paint the picture of the stalemate. Someone has got to take the first step!
MHC1987 chapter 3 . 1/19
Love it when the Superintendent thinks that it is suspicious that Morse is humming. That's great! Their delay of the evening meal for more interesting pursuits is very well written. Her playing the violin for him is very well written and gives them the shared interest of music. Her note to him about her not waiting is great, and him putting his feet up on the desk and humming rounds out this chapter very well.
MHC1987 chapter 2 . 1/19
The conversation about "the Pill" is great. His line to her "You are that special." is very well placed. The breakfast and office scenes have some great humor to them. Interesting to see Morse change in response to Maitland's presence in his life.
MHC1987 chapter 1 . 1/19
I found this a few weeks ago and decided to read it. It's great! You have done a very fine job of capturing Morse and Maitland while they seek to capture one another. Their conversation is witty and honest, along with being in character. They openly share their awkward feeling in their mutual situation and that makes it even better for both of them as well as the reader.
GiuliettaC chapter 8 . 5/9/2013
Never in a million years believed I'd see Morse married off - and credibly at that!

It's been an immense pleasure reading your story. Thanks.
annahopelove chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
interesting, interesting, go and make the fans proud of you, goo goo go
ailsa craig chapter 8 . 4/13/2011
What a wonderful piece of work. Had to go and watch Driven to Distraction last night before I could finish reading this. Certainly captured Morse very well and Siobhan is just lovely. Really enjoyed it, thank you.
WhyAye chapter 6 . 2/25/2011
Yay for bringing Joyce in! I always loved the surprisingly warm relationship Morse had with her.
the real snape chapter 5 . 1/21/2011
/"Aren't you going to ask me what my first name is?" / Wow. That's the ultimate in getting close for Morse. Terrific timing.

/He could sense in her that they had talked of it enough./ Very Morse, to feel that.

And the end is beautiful. You do such a great job, staying in Inspector Morse-style, and keeping him IC!

Only, you messaged me a link to a lewis-story, and the link got lost. Could you tell me where it is?
the real snape chapter 4 . 1/21/2011
It's a terrific chapter from start to finish, but those two last lines are staggeringly perfect.
the real snape chapter 3 . 1/21/2011
/Even with their phone calls, she had wanted to put pen to paper... to craft a note. / An almost forgotten art, and a precious one. Totally IC for Morse to be enchanted by it.

/And come Monday, when Strange asks you what you've figured out... tell him I got a new record or something."/ Oh, yes! I did wonder about Lewis asking Morse for a drink, but of course.

/He knew then, listening to her play, that they were moving toward being comfortable with each other. / You've a lovely way of crafting the progress of their relationship. And they have so much in common!