Reviews for The Sha Of Blah
THE FLAMER chapter 1 . 9/17/2011

Oh, you just got flamed by one and only “The Flamer”! A flamer by trade, of course. The best at it, The Flamer is.

The Flamer, signing out.

~The Flamer
TheNStorm chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Alright. Well, I'm not an amazing poet by any means, but I do have a few tricks in memory that might help you a little.

First, you might want to think about the sound of your poem-really think about how each line sounds as you read it out loud. You'll want your lines either have the same lengths as each other, or some kind of pattern to how long they are when you write.

You'll also want to think about rhyming. I know, I know, it's a hassle, and it's hard to think of words that rhyme; but trust me when I say it will make your poem a lot more polished if you add some kind of patten or scheme to your lines for rhyming. Even if it's a pattern of how they *don't* rhyme, you need a pattern.

Thirdly, you will want to look through your poem for places where you change tenses-you switch back and forth between speaking in the present tense and speaking in the past. It is a good idea to probably go back and correct this so you're only speaking in one tense, either past or present.

Hope this helps, you're doing a good job for a beginner-you've got a decent grasp of the plot of "Haroun and the Sea of Stories," but you'll need to make your poem descriptive and elegant. You'll get it with just a little work, and it'll make your poetry sound an awful lot better.
MajorBachman chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I never expected someone to write a Rushdie fanfic, but I'm really glad you did, even if it was an assignment. Apparently, you were proud of your little poem - and are right to be! - and decided it wouldn't hurt to post it, right? Well, we're the lucky ones now. Thank you for sharing it!
Shaded-gloves chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Yay! all hail the shah of bla :) i like the silliness/strange kinda matches that brilliant brilliant book
DameAureline chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
I am French. I like you poem.

When I was younger, we had to recite poems, we didn't have to create them.

I guess that it's much more difficult

Bonne continuation à vous, quoi qu'il en soit !
loves-emo-guys-with-hair chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Meh, my computer is acting stupid so it's not letting me sign in, but onto more important things; this is a great poem, though I do believe Sha should be Shah (but I'm not sure if that's how it's spelled in the book) other than that, it's great!