Reviews for The Tantalizing Theater
Somniantis chapter 2 . 12/30/2010
I'm finding this to be yet another interesting read from you, kind sir. Although I have encountered the same issues as last time; the spacing and dialogue could be helped. I'm very surprised to be reading the works of someone whose writing is so very close to that os Mister Snicket.
sliz225 chapter 14 . 11/5/2010
Whooo, cliffhanger! You really have a plan in mind here. You're one of the fastest writers I know, and I seriously appreciate that.

Nice. Totally in Lemony Snicket-style. Great ending!
sliz225 chapter 13 . 11/4/2010
Awesome climax. The poor powder-face woman's repentance was beautiful and touching. The last sentence was very strong, very . . . striking. It just took my breath away.

I can't wait for the next installment. I'm going to have to suscribe to your account to get alerted. I love this series!
sliz225 chapter 12 . 11/2/2010
AND IT ALL COMES CLEAR!

Esme dies, Mister Dominic's plot is revealed, VFD is discovered, and the orphans are trapped! Probably your best chapter yet. Very exciting, and I could practically imagine Lemony Snicket writing this! I can't wait for your last(?) chapter.
sliz225 chapter 11 . 10/26/2010
At last, it all becomes clear . . . sort of!

I'm happy to get a (somewhat) definitive answer about the Baudelaire parents, whom you kept in character, even if they did do some wicked things. Scary, in a good way.

If I had been thinking straight, I would have guessed C Nimodi's plan. It's so utterly similar to canon! (I mean that in a GOOD way, mind you, that was supposed to be a compliment.)
sliz225 chapter 10 . 10/24/2010
Sorry, again for the late review-I'ver been swamped with essays and homework.

Great chapter. I love the description of how Sunny chose which people to let in or keep out. You're description of Esme was perfect, and the ending was thrilling. Don't forget the maserade ball invitation or the hint about the chandelier!
sliz225 chapter 9 . 10/18/2010
Sorry this review is a little late, my computer was giving me trouble yesterday.

Great chapter:) The traditional moral delimma the Baudelaires always get stuck with has appeared! There were no continuity errors or anything, and you left us with an exciting cliff hanger. Don't forget about the invitation to the masquerade-I really can't wait for that!
sliz225 chapter 8 . 10/12/2010
Poor freaks-err, Baudeliares. I like that the powder-faced women had a change of heart, and I love how you gave Beatrice a less passive role. The line about bunnies was pure Lemony Snicket, too. Great chapter-keep them coming!

(ooh, but one little point-the genderless troupe memeber supposedly died in the burning Hostile Hospital. You might want to make some comment about how "he was lucky to escape, though he missed Olaf driving his troup away," or something.)
sliz225 chapter 7 . 10/12/2010
Exciting! I laughed out loud when I heard C Nimodi's explanation about how the freaks would be helpful. The suspenseful line about Esme is getting to me, so I'm going to cut this short and read the next chapter.
sliz225 chapter 6 . 10/7/2010
Exciting cliffhanger! Re-enter-Esme. This chapter didn't have much action, so it was clearly setting up for more to come. One minor quibble-the troupe and Esme would probably recognize the Baudelaire's disguises. They were at the carnival too! Other than that, great story.
sliz225 chapter 5 . 10/3/2010
Wow, this story is moving along fast! A very exciting and promising chapter. I love how Falo never really acts noble or wicked, but some unique blend of the two.

Just one complaint-is Beatrice still in the theater, or was she trapped under the stage too? Clarify.
sliz225 chapter 4 . 10/1/2010
Great! I am now one of TWO reviewers. Hey, it's a start right?

Your story REALLY good so far. I loved the line about realizing that "William is quite likely a masculine name." Your whole story fits in perfectly with canon. The "evil" twin acts just like the Baudelaire's older, slightly oblivious, guardians, and C. Nimodi's name and disguise made me laugh out loud. The Masqueurade Ball promises to be hilarious, and I can't wait for more.
MadDogWolf Potter chapter 4 . 9/26/2010
This was a very good story. plz rite more stories u r very good
sliz225 chapter 3 . 9/19/2010
Okay, I might be your only reader but I'm committed! I like where this story is going, and I like the idea of Falo pretending to be the "good twin," though technically that would make him an "evil twin," though-

Whatever. You're blowing my brain-in a good way!

In any case, this is a VERY promising fic. You'll get more readers as you post more. Don't give up!
sliz225 chapter 2 . 9/12/2010
Yay, nice start! Update soon, because I like all your work so far.