Reviews for Second Chances
einargs chapter 46 . 12/20/2016
Ahem.

I'd just like to say that I /fucking called it/!

More seriously though, I didn't realize that that was why the notebook didn't work.

Also, fuck Jas. And Mello, but mostly Jas.
einargs chapter 30 . 12/20/2016
Damnit. I liked Roper. :(

Excellent chapter though.
einargs chapter 21 . 12/19/2016
What the fuck?

Like, I'm entirely sure as to what just happened, but I love it. Rae and L's interactions in the last part of this chapter were just brilliant, and L's backstory was incredibly well foreshadowed.

Bravo, bravo.
einargs chapter 17 . 12/19/2016
Oh. My. God.

I can already tell that Grace is going to be hilarious, depressing and heartwarming all rolled into one.

L kid humor.
L emotional situations humor.
Kid sad depressing.
AIRbooks chapter 46 . 12/8/2016
I really love how, Mail, the most violent and unstable out of all of them, is now the one being reasonable and levelheaded. Even if only slightly more than everyone else. This is great.
Marauder52611 chapter 67 . 10/27/2016
"Also, hopefully Near isn't geographically close, because then he'll be near but not Near and who the fuck named this person, anyway?"

This is quite honestly my favorite line. I absolutely love how you incorporated the minor characters in the epilogue, and this story is really a work of art!
missherlocked chapter 12 . 9/21/2016
Oh my god I just realize. A second ago. I need to write this down. My guess is... That part where Mello was fat and became Matt's best man... That's his hell? Woooppppssssss. Yeaaahhh this is goooodddd
V chapter 22 . 7/31/2016
I'm rereading sc ttl and I forgot how sad this chapter always makes me! Ugh no wonder I still read this fic after all these years.. You are just too good at making me feel emotionally invested in all of these characters TT Tbh this will probably always be my favorite fic despite all the pain it brings me
liesandmeta chapter 67 . 6/10/2016
ugh, I don't know why you keep saying this is a bad fic, because I love it. like...everything about it. I'm not even in the deathnote fandom anymore, this is just an amazing story! on to the sequel!
liesandmeta chapter 2 . 6/7/2016
re-reading this for, like, the fourth time. still love it!
Alyss Penedo chapter 17 . 5/8/2016
I fell asleep halfway through the chapter and woke up and went: "Oh. Rae is Light. Obviously. ...Wait, what?!"
And then I had to go and reread everything all over again. Because that was really well done; I didn't suspect a thing a first, I'd just thought Rae was some kind of OC snuck in there for plot purposes. Maybe I'm just oblivious, but I'd like to think it's at least partially thanks to how nicely you tied it all in. (Same with the Mello-hell-scenes. I'm impressed; it's not overtly stated or blatantly obvious, but there's still a sort of confusion turned suspicion turned certain realization. It's a nice touch.)
OrigamiCake chapter 15 . 2/26/2016
Are the second person parts Mello?
ilko chapter 55 . 1/15/2016
Just when Raye was beginning to redeem himself in my eyes he had to go and spout that garbage about Mail not being "mentally stable enough" to be his friend, like all that time spent being dragged along and relied on for every single emotional upheaval doesn't count for anything :/ What an ungrateful schmuck.

Also, quite honestly, I hate Rae. I hate him because he's Light, and because he is petty and prideful and shallow and cruel, and also a total dick to women. The only hope I have to hold onto is that L will be able to rehabilitate him.

This story continues to be both masterfully crafted and all too engrossing to let go of.
ilko chapter 54 . 1/15/2016
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE COOING OVER "POOR RAYE"

I literally laughed out loud at Raye's thought that "this was the first selfish thing he'd done in weeks." Everything he's said and done and felt has been selfish and shortsighted, from blaming L for absolutely everything (and by implication condescending to Naomi by not treating her like a fucking adult who made her own decisions in full knowledge and acceptance of the possibility of her death) to using Mail as an emotional crutch to ATTEMPTING TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT MAIL AS A REPLACEMENT FOR HIS DEAD WIFE (there was one reviewer in particular who was cheering this on? "except not really because Raye seemed to be taking advantage" NO REALLY, YA THINK?). He's like an angry child. He sees what seems to be two people in collusion over a chain of emails, and one is EVIL EVIL EVIL because he hates him but the other is totally fine because he loves her, jesus christ i just hate Raye so much

Also like at least one other cool fellow reviewer I really commend you on the array of amazing female characters in this story, from big players like Wedy and Rem and Naomi and Grace down to the ones they met on cases for all too short a time, like the victims from the "Arcy" case, and even the ones that aren't nearly as likeable, like Jasmine and Takada. You're the best.
ilko chapter 53 . 1/15/2016
Raye Penber is such an incredibly selfish, hypocritical sack of shit that it literally makes me feel ill if I linger too long on his thought processes.

By which I mean you're a genius for portraying someone so real.
1,056 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »