Reviews for Beautiful Lies
aecul chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
That was so sad.

"Did anyone think that Zuko had actually left Mai? I was trying to convey that purposely and I'd like to know if I succeeded."

I read this one a while ago too so I knew he died but the first time I read it I thought he left her at first.

I thought the saddest parts of this were when it talked about Sokka and Aang coming to see her, and when it said how she couldn't go back to back to being emotionless like she used to be.

"She had stared at her heart where it lay dead on the floor and wondered why she was still breathing."

That is an incredible line. Actually that whole paragraph was full of amazing description.

You did a good job with all the emotion in this story. I think you were brave to kill Zuko and you pulled it off really well, with how Mai reacted and her thoughts, and how everyone else reacted.

I felt like there were a couple awkward sentences here and there but I can't find them again so maybe I read them wrong the first time. This flowed great and the ending was cool (the baby's really cute) and I wasn't sure I liked this story the first time I read it but the second time I realized how gorgeous it is. :)

Oh, and I like your new avvie.
Rosawyn chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
I'm sort of used to reading pretty much any crazy character derailment in fanfiction, so while I never believed Zuko would leave Mai, I did believe that a fanfiction author might claim that he had.

The one question I was left with was who was the woman and why did she kill him. Obviously a waterbender, but I can't think of a reason a waterbender would willingly and knowingly forfeit her own life just to take out Firelord Zuko. I know that wasn't the focus of the story, but it was the driving force behind it, and it did leave me wondering and I suppose it makes the story harder to believe just because of that.

I especally liked the descriptions of the people who came and sat with her and what they said and did. They were all convincingly in character, and so was Mei.
XSuicuneX chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
This made me wanna cry..but I could see where it was going from the start...so I was forwarned. Granted, you did nearly catch me offguard and make me think otherwise with the allusions to Katara, but then you revieled it, and I was like, 'Yeah...figiured.' Then again, I've read so many character death fics and know the warning signs. *nods* Plus, you're a Zai fan, you wouldn't make Zuko leave her in such bad taste, not without putting humor into it somewhere. *nods*

Still good though. I like Din. He's cute. .

I has a request! A challange if you will...have you written a story about one of the servents viewing the goings on inside the Fire Nation castle? I mean, writing a story from that 'outsiders' perspective. Showing the view of the 'little people' the ones no one notices...I think it would be an interesting little project for you.

Doesn't have to be during any particular timeline either. All your choice, but it would be cool to see the main firebenders from outsider's perspective. Firebenders and firenation people. Ty Lee, Mai, and all them.
iCe chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Ahh yes, I can't believe you killed Zuko too.

It's a good look at how Mai would feel after Zuko dies though. :) Wonderful fic. :)
Fancy Pants Penguin Jiao-Jie chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
I was about two seconds from becoming horribly outraged that you made Zuko leave Mai again and break her heart, but then you totally surprised me. Kudos for that, plot twists rule.

I lurved this story, it was ever so sad and yes, somewhat hopeful at the end. It was very well written and heartbreaking. I felt so sad for her...I think a lot of people who pretend they don't have feelings (Mai included) only act that way because they've been hurt badly and don't want that to let that happen again. So, they build up walls in order to protect themself and I think that losing the person who had taken down Mai's walls would be especially hard on her.

*sniffles* I thought about Mai a lot xD. I may (haha I wrote mai) still get on with my plans for her once I finish with Ozai...just to tie up my stories about the Fire Nation girls. lol.

I told you I shamelessly self-promote. n.n
Penelope Applegate chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
It made me angry.

Which is a good thing.

I like writing that makes you feel things - because that means you've done your job right.

Even though it was endlessly sad, it was perfect. I really loved it.
waterlit chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
At first I thought that Zuko abandoned Mai for the pretty woman heh. But yeahh this was pretty touching, and the little spark fof hope at the end was a nice touch (:
J. J. Bean chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
...! &$#*! Shocking! OMG! I can't get over this! I can't find strong enough words! You killed Zuko!

Okay, at first I was all mad thinking 'hoover dam he left her for Katara! The sonofapeach!' but then... Man I can't get over that! All the suspense... And the... Ugh! they have a son! It's so tragic! And epic! Notice all the exclaimation marks!

Asides from that, I like the way you got into Mai's head. It was really easy to feel her emotions. A stunning piece. As a rule I don't favorite tragedies -btw you need to put a warning label for both epicness and the tear jerkingness- but I'm gonna bend that rule a bit...
gloomy maiko lover chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
yes,you really did make me think Zuko left Mai but instead he died :( this was kind of sad you did a great job.
insertwittyreferencehere chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Wow, angsty. You totally got Mai. At first I thought Zuko broke up w/ her! But this is sadder... *sob*