Reviews for A Lack of Color
WraithFaithUnstable chapter 1 . 6/14/2017
I like this. Colours. Greys. This is so interesting. I've decided that i love this.
Dr.B.Damned chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
This is beautiful.
ImLostForever chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Nice! I love the last sentence especially.
toeki chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
beautiful. well the repetition of red and blue.
ChristinaAngel chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
I love how John associated things in his life with colour, and colour with interesting. You managed to capture exactly how John doesn't miss the war, but misses the excitment and things happening to him (seeing in colour) even if sometimes bad things happen as well. Then you managed to show that is how he feels with Sherlock.

But also how you associated colour with the bad things in John's life like being shot and Moriaty, showing that it's not all good.
Admiral Arlani chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
This is an awesome way to describe Watson's state of being before finding Sherlock, though I hadn't made the connection between the red and blue curtains at the pool (which bugged me. I can't stand when primary colors are together) and the sky/blood angle that you had going on, which was ingenious. I liked the way you described it, thought it was really well done.

Your writing style is also one of my favourites, just enough panic in the right places, and just enough tension. And the black and white film comparison was awesome, because, yeah, that is the /perfect/ way to describe what was happening.

I loved it. Great job!
Silverdragonstar chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Wow what a way to write a story. Your style is a narrative and poetry hybrid. Not really sure how else to describe it other than amazing. Also quite original. Thank you
Sepik chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Very good writing. I quite enjoyed it.
RippedIntoPieces chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Beautiful. Truly, truly beautiful.

This was lovely, it made me smile and want to cry. Furthermore, it made me think.

I commend you for writing this.

It's wonderful.

RippedIntoPieces
angelfire east 24 chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Amazing story! I love the use of the movies comparing Sherlock and John. It works very well. And your use of colors was masterful! I simply love this story!
littlelife chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
This is amazing. It just.. makes sense. Everything horrible in John's life was a shade of red and Sherlock was blue. Lovely simple idea, that you have expanded on and made wonderful. :)
CharlieTheLessFamous chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
One word: Amazing.
ElvendorkInfinity chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
I LOVED it! Excellent repetition of the blue/red, the whole thing was just...perfect.

I liked the idea of drowning in colour, and how you have colour defining everything for John...it works very well. :)

-Lee x