Reviews for Looking Back
ScOut4It chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
This is good and sad all patched together.
tiffaninichole chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I loved how their friendship started and grew. The end was sad, but I understand why Bella did it. Although I wish something more could have developed between the girls, what happened was more real.

Congrats on placing in the contest! : )
irishjedi4life chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
wow that was amazing i loed reading this story deffinelty goin in my top 5
CherBella chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
This was so well-done and beautifully written. I can't believe it's only 3,000 words because it seemed like so much more, there was so much of a story here. A complete story of friendship, caring, love and commitment. (the commitment being to their husbands and families) And also some heartbreak as they set aside their own feelings. How lovely also, to tie it all up with bringing the quilt back in, as it was a symbol of love from Bella's mother to her, it is Bella's symbol of love to Alice & her daughter.
bouncy 72 chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
That was quite touching& I really respect Bella for being strong enough to pull away. I love how you finished it off, with listing all the types of love Bella showed. I felt a bit teary at "the love of a wife who never lost sight sight of her husband." - beautiful.
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
This was lovely, and a little heartbreaking. Thank you.
OnTheTurningAway chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Infidelity is something I shy away from in fic, so for that I'm glad they didn't go forward with an illicit relationship. Even so, my heart broke for Alice - for the love that couldn't be returned, the struggles she faced in trying to be the perfect wife and mother, and the loss not only of a person she desired but also a dear friend.

Best of luck in the contest :)
edwardsisobel chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Beautifully written. I'm glad Bella didn't potentially throw away her marriage to explore with Alice but feel so sad for Alice that Bella didn't feel as strongly for her. Good luck.
brokende chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Such a lovely, realistic story of love-one of its many, varied forms, all beautiful, all meaningful, all fulfilling, regardless of the outcome. Your prose is so evocative of real life in all its frustration and glory; I particularly love your depiction of modern motherhood. This is a wonderful story, and I feel honored to have read it. All love is beautiful and important: Thank you for this gorgeous reminder.
evilgiraffe82 chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
This is a lovely story, sweet and sad. The feelings of frustration and unrequited longing ring so true. I liked it very much, thank you.
Domysticated chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
I love the way you characterise motherhood and how hard it is to not be a "perfect" mother.

I love the gentleness of your character, their authenticity. I love how nothing feels forced in your story.

I am left with a great sense of unfulfilled desire, and "what if?".

thank you, and good luck in the contest
shaz89 chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
that is an awesome story its so sad though that they never get together but bella was right to try and keep her family together
bleach number 1 fan chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
kinda sad in a way how they felt like that but ended up thousands of miles away but kinda flufy in the way they only wanted each other to be happy nice work i hope to see more of your work soon :D
lynettecullen chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
I really liked that story even though the ending made me cry.