Reviews for The Things it Said
caren67 chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
i love this story. this on could go longer if you wanted... all your bones stories in fact. amazing job! keep up the great work and can't wait to read more bones soon
rosyle chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I never imagined that the letter could have been blank - but this was a great idea! And the reasoning was perfect :)
anonymous.individual chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Ngaw... that was so sweet :) So much better than the fics with sappy 'i love you' letters
boneslver chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
i loved this! soooooo like something they would do on the show. i still have hope that one day something will come up about the letters they wrote. and the way the writers are, i can see them doing it one day :)
blueEyes206 chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Wait, you write Bones fanfiction, too? 24 Bones my two fave shows! :D

I really like the idea of Brennan not writing anything on her letter. It's definitely a take I'd never, ever thought of before, and I think it fits better than her writing some strange declaration of love or something.
206 chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
loved it.
AspenShiyan chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Wow. That was amazing. That has to be one of the best fanfics I've ever read. Possibly one of the best vignettes I've ever read - period. You have flawless control over your writing - the dialog, the small physical details, the hints at their emotions without putting everything out their sleeves.

It was very good writing and very true to the show. I could almost hear the characters saying these exact things it was so true to their nature.

A few minor nit-picky thoughts:

His expression looked pained just then. "What, you couldn't think of anything to say to me? You thought you were going to die, so you started to write a letter to me, but you couldn't find anything to say to your partner?" His voice was bitter.

Wouldn't he be flattered that it was to him? Not to Russ, not to her dad... eh, anyways.

Out of that whole recollection, what computed was Hodgins calling me "baby"? Brennan thought. "He said something about reflexes after that."

I think this would work better spoken out loud than as a thought.

It was dirty, and it was empty of words, but it was full of trust.

Wow. That is just... gorgeous writing. Amazing.
rdrrabbit chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
I've thought about that note...would she have written it to Booth, or Angela, or who? And if it was Booth, what would she have written? I'm not going to say what I, personally, think she would have written to him, but I will say that I really enjoyed your version of what the note says...
and she knew love chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Great story! I loved it from beginning to end. Loved the thought of Booth tearing Brennan's desk apart for a file - imagine the things he could find, eh? But he managed to find the most important thing, which was that letter. I'd always wondered what Bones wrote when she was buried, and when you wrote that it was blank, I thought, "Huh?" But then you went on to explain it, and I completely understood. It was perfect, a perfect summary of her complete faith in him. Loved this line: "Out of that whole recollection, what computed was Hodgins calling me "baby"? Brennan thought." That had me laughing out loud.

Great writing!