Reviews for Half Agony, Half Hope
Valentine Rain chapter 9 . 3/25/2013
Loved this story! x
MazokuTenshi chapter 9 . 12/2/2011
This was positively gorgeous. Mr. Knightley causing the blunder this time was an unexpected surprise but still wonderful nonetheless. And I'm happy you've given so much character to Jane and Frank. :)
coffeecupcakegirl chapter 3 . 11/26/2011
This is a very sympathetic, yet well-sketched and believable account of Frank Churchill's character.

I told you already how much I'm loving this story, did I?
coffeecupcakegirl chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
so sorry for reviewing in the wrong order, but I thought I should let you know how much I'm adoring this. I was actually on the verge of tears just now, reading this chapter once more.

And again, I admire your style of language, it fits so perfectly to the book!
coffeecupcakegirl chapter 9 . 11/26/2011
oh, this is beautiful! And you are so well with the Austian style of language!
nomdeplume30 chapter 9 . 11/14/2011
Loved it!
nomdeplume30 chapter 7 . 11/14/2011
Loved the reversal here. It tickled me. :)
DarkHorizon16 chapter 9 . 10/20/2011
Awwww this is so CUTE ! I mean yes its all very prime and proper with the Emmas and Elizabeths and the Darcys , Thorntons but your story albeit unbelievable is so so so CUTE ! Loved every bit ! :D :D :D
Arithmancy Master chapter 9 . 9/11/2011
I have no idea what operant conditioning is, but presume it is related to psychology, which I never studied.

I enjoyed the story, other than Mr Knightley's rambling but accurate explanation to Mr Churchill, which I thought a bit too out of character (inconsistent of me because I did like Mr K's completely out of character proposal to Jane, which triggered the whole chain of events.)

Frank seemed to be the one who changed and improved the most compared to the book. Speaking to his aunt took a lot of courage and he was rewarded in the last chapter by the love and support of so many friends who wished to help the couple to get married. He might otherwise have considered such people as Mrs Goddard as being beneath his notice. Hopefully the four main characters all appreciated their partners the more for this experience.

But what was that at the end? A kiss before marriage? I hope that Emma's father was not watching, he might have had a heart attack!
Arithmancy Master chapter 5 . 9/11/2011
Seems like Emma's understanding of herself and others is improving, so she would hopefully never react in future in the way that she did at Box Hill.
Arithmancy Master chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
Good that Frank is showing a bit of moral fibre - about time. I really struggled to see in the book how Jane could be attracted to him. (Yet, Emma was too, to some extent.)
Arithmancy Master chapter 3 . 9/11/2011
What a mess!

Mr Knightley was uncharacteristically impulsive, and that leaves everyone rather upset.

Looking forward to seeing how you manage to reverse this and restore everything to the way it is meant to be.
excentrykemuse chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Haha! I found this again and on with more than just the opening chapter! I'm excited to see where this goes ... cen
Bialystoker chapter 6 . 3/7/2011
I love Mr Knightley's explanation. 'Was that really as complicated as it sounded?'
taswmom chapter 9 . 12/24/2010
I have enjoyed your writing in the past, and once again, you did not fail me. I also enjoyed your psych. references. I enjoyed this turn of a story very much. Thank you!