Reviews for Shin Megami Tensei I Digital Devil Story
Hellsink Bathhall chapter 9 . 6/25/2013
I feel so ashamed that I have missed out on this hidden gem of a marvelous fanfiction. But I suppose it cannot be helped that you chose to make a novelization for a very old game that most people outside of Japan have been unable to play by legal means. It is a damn shame that Atlus have not released this game on XBLA or PSN so that more people can experience the start of a series that launched numerous great games in the series.

I really love your take on the first SMT game. If it were ever to be remade sometime in the future if SMTIV becomes a huge hit then I really wish that your fanfiction was used for inspiration.

Kazuya is basically me in terms of his personality except that he doesn't have major depression for many years and is really skilled with computers. Like him I am terrible with people and very anti-social.

I do not blame you for letting this fanfic die. I wanted to see if Kazuya eventually opens up to Yuka and matures since down the line he will have to relay on her.
A non chapter 9 . 4/21/2013
I am a very big fan of this story. The characters are all interesting, and it's a really good expansion of SMT1. The punctuation could use a bit of work, but other then that I have no big complaints.

Out of curiosity though, will it ever be finished? It's too bad it hasn't been updated in almost 2 years, because I'm very interested in what will happen next.
boop chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I really like this so far! It's sad that it hasn't been updated in a year, though. Is this fic dead?
HeWhoDestroysAll chapter 9 . 8/4/2011
Hahaha I gotta admit I got a bit of a chuckle out of how you handled that bible thumping messiah cult member.

Though the gotou being yugis dad thing did feel a tad smudged on I still believe you got time to do something with it.
Have a Little Feith chapter 9 . 5/12/2011
Well... Didn't see that coming. I personally believe that all the Gods out there are simply facets of the same God. This includes Christianity's God. Thus, none of the religions are right, yet none are wrong.
Granten chapter 9 . 5/3/2011
So you usually go the Chaos route in SMT? Glad to see this update.
Granten chapter 8 . 4/6/2011
Hey, not too bad. Normally I don't like novelizations (at least fanmade ones) but anything to give SMT more exposure. By the way, you'll probably get more reviews if you adjust your personal settings to permit anonymous reviews.
HeWhoDestroysAll chapter 8 . 4/4/2011
Another fine Chapter.

And ending on a cliff hanger.

Well til next chapter.
HeWhoDestroysAll chapter 7 . 3/20/2011
Drake from reading your after story commentation it seems like you have a lot of inner conflict resonating within you.

So far the story is fleshed out very nicely and adds a bunch of needed characterization that feels like its based off of traits we already know about the characters.

Gotta admit the Kuzonoha cameo did feel a bit out of place(specially with the name Shirogane following it) but it was nice for a cameo.
HeWhoDestroysAll chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
I've seen everybody try their hand at the different SMT's but never have I seen anybody attempt the much unappreciated first one.

So far you've painted Kazuya into an interesting protagonist that doesn't fall into the all out good stereotype that I was afraid he would fall into.
kta.iso chapter 7 . 3/7/2011
Hello again! I'm very very happy that you updated a new chapter, in fact, I read this after play SMT I n_nU I'm in Ginza, near the important decisions of the game (Neutral FTW!).

Back to the story: (SPOILER! But I needed to tell it xD) Oh... that part, I felt somewhat depressed when I played it, I almost cry (well, I cried when you see hero's mother in Kongokai (after the Nuclear Explosion) telling you "Don't come back home too late" or something like that)

I like how you managed that part, considering the personality of Kazuya (but I insist I like the name Sho more n_nU) and was a very good idea to put a funny scene after the tragic moment, at least for me (yeah, I almost suffered with that part, I couldn't help it, it was the first time that I saw something like that in a game :O)

Keep going! I'll be watching hehehe, thanks!

And sorry again for my bad english 7_7

Bye bye!
kta.iso chapter 6 . 2/24/2011
This fanfic is awesome!

I'm really pleased that there's a fanfic of Shin Megami Tensei, I only found Persona 3/4 fanfiction and I felt very disappointed but now I'm very happy!

Actually I'm playing this game and I LOVE it (and the protagonist obviously xD) But I used the names from Shin Megami Tensei Final Story: Atlus Official Replay Novel (Protagonist: Sho; Law Hero: Toshiki; Chaos Hero: Tetsuo; Heroine: Aoi)

I hope you continue your story, because it's interesting to see interactions of the characters furthermore the game.

(Sorry for my very bad english, Actually I don't speak it, I'm very sorry T_T)

Bye~!
TheDatenshi chapter 5 . 9/23/2010
Actually Goutou being Yuji's father can somewhat work in a point of view. Despite having different personalities in game, Goutou is a Japanese Patriot and though the demons were the right thing to use to protect Japan from the Angels, and he wanted a world where demons and humans lived together peacefully. Of course he didn't account that all demons were going to share that point of view but...

Wel it can work with Yuji and Goutou being related, since it explains why Yuji carried a machete around from the start.

Anyway great writing once again.

With the demon ones only include special ones or funny ones.

Like how sometimes doing 20 backwards flips somehow made them join you. Or when you get a demon that is a good fighter or for comic relief or can add to characterisation.

So for example with Jack Frost and Pyro Jack, or maybe with a female demon where Kazuya ends up fusing her and feels some grief about how much they have changed, or to display how little they change.
Have a Little Feith chapter 5 . 9/22/2010
Some mistakes I've noticed...

"Okay, some details about your girlfriend please…?" Kazuya began his extraction of information about this "girlfriend" of Yuji's. Okay, some details about your girlfriend please…?" Kazuya began his extraction of information about this "girlfriend" of Yuji's.

You accidentally put an extra "Some details"

You spelled Overly as Overtly, which, as far as I know, isn't a word.

"We are here to stop your heretical ceremony from taking place. Stand down, or face the consequences." Yuji made clear his stance clearly to the man maintain a level of dignity and aggression that was uncommon in people his age.

It needs a comma between man and maintain, which should actually be maintaining.

"But how did they find the corpses? Demon's disappear when you kill them right?"

"Demon's" doesn't need an apostrophe.

Other than those few mistakes, I saw nothing out of place.

Also, Lolz at the dialogue at the end. Good job so far, keep it up.
Lone Kunoichi chapter 5 . 9/21/2010
Eff what the charecters say. This is wonderful! Like you said in the author's note, the game can be a bit lacking in dialogue consistency. Which really puts a damper on knowing anything about the charecters' personalities. But you breathe them life! The Law and Chaos Heroes actually seem like the law and chaos heroes. The Hero reminds me of an aquaintance of mine who could use his people skills but just doesn't wanna get involved in all of it. And the more I read your personificiation of the Hero, the more I think of that guy which is a good thing. And Pascal! You make him actually DO stuff. And your Yuriko actually seems like a creepy stalker-y scary type of women who I wouldn't want to run into. I know I'm not exactly a high ranking fan-fic writer. But I can beg for more fof this awesome. So...PWEASE WRITE MORE SOON? PWEASE?