Reviews for Only a Man...
joedan84 chapter 1 . 5/18/2002
That was amazing! I cried! Great job!
Arachnia chapter 1 . 3/30/2002
Wow. Very good look at the possible future for our Smallville versions of Clark and Lex. Thank you for allowing me to read it.
Mala chapter 1 . 3/1/2002
Thanks so much for the effusive praise, everyone! I didn't expect such in depth reactions, lol, and I appreciate people taking the time to be so detailed with their feedback. Clark and Lex just would not stop talking at me...

As to the m/m warning...the words "slash" and "CLex" are in the author's notes, so people can/should hit the 'Back' button if they're squicked.
dljewel chapter 1 . 2/28/2002
very deep...wow... 0.o... now i'm gonna hafta go look for a humor ficcy now though before i get depressed reading all these sad ficcys...:P... i love futurefics... so write more of them:P... but about what T Penn said... maybe you SHOULD at least say what pairing...?
mako chapter 1 . 2/28/2002
Ouch. That hurt so gooood. Great work.
becs chapter 1 . 2/28/2002
awesome futurefic
Nymph Du Pave chapter 1 . 2/28/2002
That was so beautiful and angsty. I love the second person. It's something very difficult to do, but if it's done *right*, it can be wonderful. And this SO is. You've get such style.

Your grasp on the characters and the descriptions of one from the other's eyes are so sweet and sad and accurate. Just the way you describe them has me all warm and lonley inside at the same time.

I love the fact that Lex knows it's him and Clark doesn't realize that. How could Lex ever forget him just because he's wearing a cape? He's Clark. They were the best of friends, they were lovers. To have Clark thinking that Lex doesn't notice or recognize him...

The fact the Lex hates the name Superman, how Clark will always be Clark to him... It's so touching, just like how Clark doesn't think he has the power to restore Lex's vision, even though when reading Lex's thoughts we get the feeling that all Luthor is waiting for is someone to come home. :*(

Just such a beautiful and sad story. Everyone is so lost, and it just goes to prove that you really shouldn't assume. That you need to know both sides of the story. It has already been placed on my favorites list :)
ClowReed chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
that was hella deep :.)
Pouncer chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
Oh man! Incredibly angsty. I got all sad reading about their reflections on what was and what is in their relationship. I could see this very clearly as a projection of both Clark and Lex in the future. I hope you write more Smallville fan fiction. Thanks!
Taynna chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
very wow.

great use of multiple POV.

the relationship seemed very real, just the right amount of regret and pain in both voices, the memories had really great bittersweet tone.

awesome.
samuraiheart chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
Very effective. I especially liked the opening and ending and how they paralleled one another. Great writing and descriptions. I loved the emotion of it all. :)
Mala chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
Thanks for the tip, T Penn. I'll get right on that...as soon as people start warning people about heterosexuality.

"Hetero fic alert! Straight people inside! Warning! Warning!"
T Penn chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
I love the relationship issues, except the idea of homosexuality-please warn people!
aegean chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
Very nice. I've been wanting to read a future-fic no matter how much angst. This was just the right amount.

I love how they know each other but wont reveal that knowledge to the other.

The fact that they remember each other seems to comfort them even though they are alone.