Reviews for Words Have Meaning
ToddGilliss chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
need to follow up this story
SillyJCool chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
This was an awesome and I mean awesome bashing of Dumbledore. I blamed him for Sirius death. Dumbledore dies atleast so I'm happy
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
That was powerful. Too bad it didn't happen that way in the books, because Dumbledore really does need a reality check.
lisa.ryanz1oh1 chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
I like it.
It is simple. It is honest. It is brutal. It is how I had hoped Harry would react to the revelation that he is essentially a puppet, molded and baked, ready to be thrown to the snake and in the process, be crushed to pieces and then trampled underfoot. They would make a Harry Potter Day and be done with the memory of the boy who never had a normal life. He would be eternally forgotten.
And no-one would ever suspect Dumbledore of anything underhanded or sinister.
Thank you for this honest portrayal of this pivotal scene. It deserves an 'Outstanding'.
Best, Lisa.
Rebecca Waite chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Some things about Dumbledore's logic have always made me laugh, and angry at the same time, about his decision for placing Harry with the Dursley's.

1)-Blood wards. I think we can all guarantee that Lily wasn't thinking of Petunia with her last thoughts, so there is nothing binding Harry to her (for protection or otherwise); so where did they come from? Dumbledore. The 'lead of the Light' used blood magic (which is supposedly the vilest act possible for wizards) to keep Harry imprisoned there.

2)-Knowing but purposely ignoring the abuse that Harry's gone/going through; those who know about abuse and do nothing are almost as bad as the abuser but those who purposely place someone in a position to be abused are worse than the ones doing it.

3)-Doing all of these things for 'Harry's own good'. He claims that no only was Harry safe with the Dursley's from all who would do him harm, he wanted Harry to see that muggles were worth protecting from Voldemort but one of his top 'reasons' was because he wanted him to be 'normal'/humble and that being raise with a wizarding family in the wizarding world would have made him arrogant. But he conveniently overlooked the reason that Harry was even known to the population to begin with.

Nobody but Voldemort and Harry were at the scene, Voldemort was turned into a spirit and Harry was too young to tell what happened, so how was it that everybody in the world knew the events of that day? Yes, Hagrid took Harry to Dumbledore but that was because he was told by Dumbledore what happened; if you were really worried about other wizards being around and a child being in danger would you have sent someone who could do magic (or could only do limited magic)?

The only way that everyone could know what happened, or even what Harry looked like (that scar), would be if the one who instigated the kidnapping told. Whether he did it to 'give people hope', or so that he could justify kidnapping Harry, nothing changes the fact that all that happened only became public knowledge because of Dumbledore.

Had he kept quite or said that all the Potters were killed Harry could have had a (real) normal childhood or he could have even gotten the training he should have been receiving all along, but both outcomes were infinitely better than what Harry was subjected to instead.

Frankly, Dumbledore is lucky he didn't create another Dark Lord; I'd think two was enough for him but based on his actions he seemed hell bent on creating a third. He helped Gellert raise to power under the same banner of 'greater good' and he could have stop Voldemort when he was just Tom Riddle; why he continues to try and create people who hate is beyond me but you do think he'd learn.

This was another compelling read and I'm grateful that you took the time to create and post it; you do a very good job in portraying realism in your settings and at capturing the characterizations of the individuals as if they were real. No offense to JK and all but nobody suffers through that much abuse and comes out without issues. Again, thanks for taking the time in creating and posting this for our enjoyment!
InAnnaCat chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Hello, is this complete or is it going to be continued. I enjoyed you showing that Harry is a weapon who exposes Albus as a heartless monster.
moonprincess97524 chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
wonderful.
InAnnaCat chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
What an incredible monster Dumbledore is. I wish you would rename him as Albus damned and dark.
nagrall chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
I really hope there's a sequel coming. would love to know what plans dumbledore got to fix this.
Charlie0925 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Oh please, please, please give us more of this awesomeness! Amazing writing hun, would LOVE to read more! ;o)
MeinGimli chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
why not love potion him up with the weasley girl or another purebred idiots daughter whos father would love to get their hands on the potter fortune.
*cough*pansy and or gin gin*cough*
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Better than the canon scene.
Luiz4200 chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
I maintain what I said in another fic: the Dursleys would have blocked the muggle mail option.
PotterThinker chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Pity you did not continue this drabble and turn it into a full story. It would have been something new to see.
64teeth chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
very intense, and with good plot idea :)