Reviews for Spirit of '76
reelromanTIC chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Le sigh...

This is a wonderful beginning to a beautiful story. It was really funny when he was thinking about the things that could happen to them, because every time I have to go somewhere I think could be dangerous, I say "Please don't let me get slapped, stabbed, groped, grabbed, robbed or raped!" It's ridiculous how much neurotic Edward and I have in common, lol. Anyway I hope you continue and thank you for writing and sharing! :)
PiinkDanzer chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Awww! I loved it!
its-rpattz-baby chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
OMG i loved that! Wasn't expecting it to be so good but it was. Loved this Edward and Emmett, absolutely hilarious in every way. Thoroughly enjoyed it so thank you so much!
KTNCullen chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Awwww! LOVE it! It's amazing in a one shot that you still can flesh out your characters so well, becaude I adore this Edward! Your last paragraph was really beautiful, too! I guess I shouldn't be surprised...I adore everything you write. Anyways, thanks for sharing. Now you've given me a taste for one shote. I'm off to dive for good ones!:)
Burntcore chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Very awesome os
thesequiettimes chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Loved it! :)

The visual of Emmett in platform shoes will be forever burned into my mind. lol

I love how it starts of Emmett leading Edward and by the second half it's Edward doing all the leading.

Very cute and funny! Thanks for writing!
barburella chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
LMAO, it's amazing how little changed in 25 years, ha? You can still see and hear those conversation between the skanks in Times Square, PA is still horribly crowded and Central Park is and always be amazing. I love NYC.

Beautiful O/S.
ecullen'sgirl chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Hello Spanglemaker9,

I can't believe how exactly you have described my first trip to NY. It was 1970. A young girl, 23, from a small town in Virginia, on the bus, Greyhound, with 4-star service, to NY. I was meeting my boyfriend on a Friday night, who grew up in NY. Of course, he was late. Luckily the bus driver recognized I was totally out of my element & after he checked in, came to sit with me until my boyfriend, now husband, showed up. Thank goodness, because I was freaked already and I wasn't even out of the bus station. And yes, you describe it perfectly, as we walked out of Port Authority, overwhelming is the only word for it. We walked by Times Square and got caught in a crowd and you could only go with it, you couldn't get out for a while. Cops were busting hookers on the street and forcing them into squad cars. I had never seen homeless people before, but I did that night, with everything they owned in shopping carts. I have never seen so many people together in one place in my life. I was just like you described Edward, I needed to get out of the crowd and get some space. And, yes, we went to Central Park.

Now I like to go to NY on occasion. We live in NJ now, just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, actually, and sometimes we drive into NY. The last 2 times I took my grandchildren on the commuter train which ends in Manhattan by Madison Square Garden. We eat from the street carts, buy from the sidewalk vendors, and get discount tickets to Broadway shows. I love going to NY now. Just wanted to say thanks for bringing back memories of a different time in my life. You described it exactly as it happened to me is what is so uncanny. Thank you for sharing your gift with words with us. I love everything you write. Laters...

Debbie
squidbert chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Awww, sweet.
ReesesaysbitemeEdwardcullen chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
I loved this one shot it was great!
marigold123 chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
4th of July, NYC, love at first sight...what more can a person want? Loved stick-in-the-mud Edward and his visions of the Big Apple. I loved the way you described the city...Oh and a Queen fight too! I remember going to NYC in high school and I am sure I was just like Edward gawking at everything. So many people, colors, smells and sounds. Hieronymus Bosch indeed!

So enjoyed the way you wrote this chapter. Loved the humor and the feel of the city. Emmett in his platforms, Bella in her tall socks...great characters. Thank you for writing.
Erfquake chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
:) ahmazing
Cullenary chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I'd read everything you write! That was sweet and so retro and I loved it! Thanks so much for writing! xoxoxoxoxo
ulacakes chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Your one shots are amazinggggg! Where do you get your ideas? *sigh* I'm left wondering though if they eventually move in together... Hmmmm hahahaha the romantic in me is saying, "of course they will, you dodo!" ;D

Thanks again for putting this up! Can't wait for the next one shot!

Ula

P.S. One thing that drew me to read this was '76 was the year I was born hahaha
Gillian Aubrey chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Very cool story, I loved it! I spent '76 in Washington D.C. on a trip with my family and it was the last trip I took with my dad before he passed away, this story brought back those memories even if it was NY instead of D.C.! Thanks for writing it, thought Emmett in 70's garb was quite a sight to imagine and I could totally picture the others too! )
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »