Reviews for To Be a Vessel
beemera chapter 5 . 3/21/2013
This... this is amazing. I loved every moment of it :)
Shatterstar408 chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Thanks for Gaying up Hashirama. Although I did enjoy your writing and take on the back story of Mito. You gave more depth to her than the Manga and Anime did.
OMGOMG1 chapter 5 . 10/23/2012
This was really good! keep writing please! (-)
wind scarlett chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
It's sweet beyond imagination, yet bitter in a way. Well, the adultery was awful, but it somehow fine, since Tobi was oh so much hotter than the sun, ahahahahahahaha. I enjoy reading this, thank you so much
SociallyUnacceptableCat chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I don't really know what to say, so; I love the Mito POV.
Juliedoo chapter 5 . 3/2/2012
Oh. My. God.

This blew me away. Seriously. The emotion, the intrigue, the strange, poignant bonds between Tobirama/Mito/Hashirama/Madara. It's also plausible, really; it explains how Tsunade never inherited the mokuton, why Tobirama never married. And the characterization was, frankly, fantastic. I love your portrayal of Mito and the personalities of the Senju brothers. This is definitely one of my favorite fics. Thanks so much for writing it, it was awesome. n_n
RougeAngleOfSatin chapter 4 . 2/8/2012
"What am I living for?"

Oh that's heartwrenching. I do love this interpretation of Hashirama, he is human enough, but with enough tempered steel to him to make his position believable. Too many people go over the top with making him nice, and forget that he's a ninja.
RougeAngleOfSatin chapter 2 . 2/8/2012
I'm revisiting your fics, and I still love this. I would like to say that for some reason, you are the only author ever who can shorten Hashirama and Tobirama's names without making me cringe.
Necessary Chocolate chapter 5 . 6/28/2011
Okay, I don't review too often, but I have to say I absolutely love this.

It fits so well with what actually happened and the characters... You gave them more life than in any other fic or drawing I've seen.
Xiao Bi chapter 5 . 4/18/2011
Wow. This is really, really, well written. An excellent story for three characters that are often neglected.

Keep up the good work!
The XIIIth Card chapter 5 . 4/12/2011
Well I'm just spamming you with reviews today aren't I?

This is very bittersweet but I liked it. It brings to mind the whole "don't pity the dead, pity the living" spiel.
ElwynWanderer chapter 5 . 3/12/2011
That story was amazing.

I think the First Great Shinobi War was before Konoha had even been formed, but aside from that your history was pretty accurate.

Anyway, phenomenal job! Keep it up! )
wisdom-jewel chapter 5 . 9/29/2010
what a good ending for a good story
coinc chapter 4 . 9/26/2010
Mito-fic! Ahhh, I am sated. Much love to you for feeding my latest obsession.

There are some fantastic bits of character insight in this, namely Hashirama's bit at the very end ("What am I living for?") which BROKE MY HEART, THANKS :( Mito's rationalization of sealing the Kyuubi was particularly poignant.

But what I liked the most about this was that there were so many plot points that could have been trite (arranged marriages, affairs) but you handled them so well that they assuredly WEREN'T. It's so rare that at this point I don't even read stories that have an arranged-marriage plotline on this site-and the fact that I thought this one was very very skillfully done was a fantastic, pleasant surprise!

Beautiful all around. Keep writing about them, and I for one will be there with my pom-poms! :)
xJasmine chapter 4 . 9/21/2010
Mmmmmmmm :3

This is a very powerful chapter, and I'm surprised yet again at the level of compassion and understanding your writing evokes in me for the characters, Tobirama and Mito in particular. You write simply but with conviction, with imagery that stomps on a thousand words of purple pose. I re-read the 3rd chapter, and it definitely feels a lot fuller. The dialogue between Mito and Tobirama in Ch 3 was very interesting... I must say that I was surprised to find Tobirama admitting his love so easily. He comes off to me very rational, thinking things through and a little secretive, but I suppose he can be very spontaneous. I do like your Tobirama a lot. He is a welcome break from all of the 'Mischief trouble-maker' Tobirama characters I'm seeing a lot lately.

...Not that I don't appreciate them all the same, though. They're just different interpretations of the same character, one who, like Mito, we know not much about. Ahh... I'm ranting again. :)

Kudos for doing what you did with Ch 3. Really, I wasn't expecting that. In fact, I didn't even know if you read your reviews at all- some authors don't. I'm truly impressed with the change in chapter 3 with a few added lines and dialogues. It is much better now.

Now, onto chapter 4!

"But there is no time to fetch her lover, to enlist his help, and without Hashirama and Konoha this child will live in the word she grew up in; a world where war is omnipresent and every clan goes hungry. Her baby deserves better.

She stands for a moment, still frozen, but choices must be made.

Mito's husband is running.

Like a good wife, she follows."

Very rational, beautifully worded phrase that has now become part of Mito's character for me. I never knew a Mito before yours. Now yours is the only one I know. She has rebelled in so many ways, but she still stands by Hashirama, still follows him despite the possible dangers. Yet she is not shallow, following blindly in desperation and love- she has her own drive, her own visions and dreams. Her baby does deserve better.

"Tobirama. What will she tell him? "Hashirama's dead, you're Hokage, I left him to be murdered because I was afraid." If Mito dies now, attempting this, at least she will never have to say that. At least she will have tried."

Very, very true. Great use of thought and active reasoning- I really don't know what else to call it. It made me smile a little, as even in her thoughts and reasoning, Mito fights against the tide.

"Beside him is Madara, black hair matted with blood, his face paler than the full moon. The Uchiha's eyes are open, but the sharingan has ended; Madara's gaze is dead and dark, now. He does not breathe. When Mito walks over to grasp one slender wrist, there is no pulse."

Wow, this scene is very powerful. However, I cannot seem to explain why. I suspect the visual impact of the scene must be brilliant, but there is a lack of connection in the text that links much sympathy to Madara at this point. More on that later.

"She is not angry or upset, perhaps because she has no strength to do anything but move forward, step by step, over the broken ground. But maybe this lack of bitterness is also because Mito chose her path."

A great passage that includes everything everyone wants to know after Mito preformed the Jutsu. In actual fact, this passage doesn't tell me anything new, but this lack of active thought actually serves well for a state of shocked calm, which is the feeling I am getting reading it.

""Your wife is fine too, sir," she adds. "You have a son."

Hearing that, neither of the Senju brothers care whose child has really been born. Mito is alive."

Wow, what great relief. I am also very amused by the relationship that is shared between all three of them. For a man to share his wife with his brother without qualm, for a woman to be in an affair where her husband knows of it... For a man to watch his wife give birth to his child that will never truly be his.

By the laws of human nature, I suppose this should not happen. Yet somehow, it makes sense. Hashirama is detached from Mito, even more so in this chapter.

I had not expected Hashirama's behavior after Madara's death. It would affect him deeply, I am sure, but this Hashirama seems traumatized. He seems very lost, though I find it hard to believe that Madara was so important to everything he did. After Madara died, he said he had nothing to live for. If this was true, he is the more insane one. It is a little unbelievable in the context of this story, as Hashirama has always come off as rational and very stable.

I suppose something like this could happen in real life, but there is not enough about his actions and thoughts about Madara that could connect the two dots.

Then again, this story has done a great job focusing on Mito, which was your priority, I believe. ) The end of your fic is like eating the last bite of pie. You want more, but it feels right to stop.

This chapter still felt a little rushed to me, which might have been due to more action and less introspection. I lost most of Mito through the battle, but at the same time, it creates an adrenaline-rush effect that is also very nice. I find her again as she births her son, and am happy for her progress.

I thoroughly enjoyed this fanfic, and has learned much through Mito's inner journey. I'd always wondered about the dynamics of such a relationship, and this fic really has everything. Somehow, it comes together in the end, and everything is alright. No, more than alright. It's a great piece of work that is truly appreciated by more than screaming fangirls in it for the pairing.

Great job, and keep writing! )