Reviews for Bitterly Yellow
randomosity4arty chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Stupid Fredrick, but I am really intrigued as to why he did it.
Sasha the Spectacular chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Actually, this is very good. But why would Frederick kill his parents? This could be a great multi-chapter tale. Maybe the "plan" Frederick was talking about will be explained.
MelissaMe chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Completely amazing it fits in with what's in the books so perfectly, I really hope you finish the rest of it up to the book, because you have a great imagination and an excellent talet for writing!
laurenn0065 chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
that is the most sad thing u have ever heard but it is also a very good story
Emily chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Oh my gosh that was SO GOOD. I love the MBS, especially Number Two! I really liked this and can't think of anything for improvement. LOVE IT.
Caramel Life chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
I like this. It was a nice possible explanation to Pencilla, but I would have liked to see some more development of Frederick.
AL18 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
I want to know why he wanted them dead. This Fredrick character is completely despicable!
GreatKateZonkeyMachine chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
It actually did explain why Number Two's wearing yellow all the time in the books. She believes that one's outfit should match one's complexion (source: the beginning of The Perilous Journey. The sweaters, remember?)

Still a good story, and still staying in my community.
Sliz225 chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Ooh, nice backstory. Not how I had pictured her childhood, but very interesting nevertheless.
Kahlan the Dream Spirit chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I signed out for the express purpose of re-reviewing this. I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Mezzanote about "Always Loved": Do not update on this. It makes a beautiful oneshot and its emotion will likely be diminished if you update it. It's good. Not perfect; but then, whose is? It's really good, better than most.

So don't update, in my opinion. Do so if you wish, and I'll faithfully review (I try to keep tabs on the well-written MBS fics) but in my honest opinion, it's great the way it is.
AdorableElephant chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
C.C. first~

"But Frederick had snuck in, and dragged with his younger sister with him" There's an extra "with there".

Also, you mentioned that the house and the lab were connected twice, which isn't a mistake, but it just seemed a little repetitive to me.

"To keep the memory of my parents alive. It'll be MY was to mourn them. Forever and always." Was the "was" supposed to be "way"?

Sorry, that was REALLY picky! (English was our last class today!) Please forgive me, lol!

Now the praise~

That was really good! So good! You were very wrong- it was totally NOT horrible lol! It had a lot of plot to it, and it was very in-character! I like how you gave her a reason to wear yellow, and covered her thoughts and feelings very nicely.

Overall, it was awesome, well done! Well written!

Oh, you should definately add another chapter, I think that'd be great!
123fizzi chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
You read the Mysterious Benedict Society too?

Awesome! :)

Anyway.

I noticed a few grammar mistakes, but they're nothing that you can't easily fix :) At the end, there seems to be a spelling mistake when she says 'It'll be MY was to...' shouldn't it be 'MY wish' instead or something?

But it was very interesting. I love the way you bring out one of the side characters so well. It's amazing. :)
ka has moved chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
An excellent chapter. I liked the way you explained Number Two's obsession with yellow. However, I don't think anyone of ten years of age is sadistic enough to murder his parents.

Good. Not a favorite, but kudos and snaps to you for writing a non-Kaynie fic, and doing it well.
GreatKateZonkeyMachine chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Good job! I remember when it says that "Number Two was often ignored as a child," and her being touchy about the subject. This explains a lot and is quite well done, though you're right: the ending did seem kind of forced.