Reviews for The Last Star
Andreas chapter 6 . 3/13
WHY?! THIS STORY COULD BE AWESOME! AND WHY END IT HERE! *sobs*
thebluninja chapter 1 . 2/27
"learn what I teach and leave this facility wit the knowledge and skill " - *with

" and yet it had made difference whatsoever" - missing punctuation at the end.

"no one expected it to be attacked and picquet ships had not been properly posted." - *picket

"The loss of the highest rated Naval officer in the Force had been a crushing blow to moral" - *morale

In a more general sense, your sentence structure needs some work. There's several places, especially where Drill Sergeant Garibaldi is talking, where you've got horribly run-on sentences that should be broken up. Also with dialog, the whole conversation between Garibaldi, Cliff, and Barb, you have interjections ("Garibaldi said," for example) that are written as seperate sentences. They should have commas at the end of the dialog and be treated as part of that sentence.
orionastro chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
good story so far, but its been almost 1 year and half since the last update, i hope this story is not dead,that you continue, that new sahips with better armour and shileds developed by earth that make the minvbari talk of cease fire, and a peace treaty
Admiral Larsen chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
You know that you probably should upload the remaining chapters that you've done for this fic. An excellent job all the same with what you've done here.
starreven chapter 6 . 7/29/2011
Fantastic Sequel to TDW and Badly needed as the Babylon 5 film ITB was so very poor. Have to wonder though after waiting for nearly a year for chapter 7, is the author still alive. Hope so, as this is a work that wants to be finished.
alichi chapter 6 . 7/23/2011
Damn great fic, hope you continue it someday. Really want to know how things will play out.
JC chapter 6 . 6/10/2011
Great

I hope thers a update soon.

Maybe you can do a Centauri/Orieni,s war?
Gods Not Home Right Now chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Just noticed this story ( loved The Dilgar War, figured I'd read what else you had up, glad I did )

Loving this first chapter, great telling of the events of the Minbari war, and shows your writing is as awesome as ever. Though I'm kinda hoping this might go AU, with Earth at least being able to do more than just fight a losing standing action against the Minbari, being saved by Dues Ex Machina more than anything in the end.

Any way this goes though, I figure it'll be a helluva good read; you have great characterization and plot flow and (IMHO) don't really fall into the trap of info-dump. Instead you tend to show rather than tell. Gonna go see what kinda awesome the other chapters hold now.
Matt chapter 6 . 2/6/2011
Oh, thank you! I was wondering how and when you might appear with a follow-on to TDW and after several months away I find you've started one. Great foundation, interesting mix of recognizable and new characters and a good appreciation of the situation that Earth finds itself in in 2247. I hope that you will have another block of chapters to post soon and thank you most sincerely for this excellent start.

Matt
SuperiorShortness chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
Amazing, I haven't been drawn into a story so well for well a long time...

A Fan,

Kevin
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 6 . 12/4/2010
Nice...
Trevor the Enchanter chapter 5 . 11/4/2010
I have to admit, I wonder why they're not preparing waves of suicide bombers for when the Minbari arrive. Deathwalker did so when the tides of war were turning against her, the Japanese used them, and while we may not be as vicious as either by now, when you're facing an enemy that wants nothing more to destroy you, you'd do whatever you have to.

I wonder how well the Minbari could withstand thousands of starfuries with nuclear weapons strapped on them, heading on a collision course. Even with their technology, they wouldn't be able to shoot down all of them.

It was just a thought. I'm enjoying the story, and hope to see what you'll do next.
nased0 chapter 6 . 10/19/2010
It's a very interesting continuation of your previous work.

I think that in such desperate situation humans would resort to kamikaze tactics, like ramming or attacks in hyperspace. Pope could call Minbari devils and bless the kamikaze pilots as holy warriors and martyrs, guaranteed to go to the Heaven immediately.

Dilgars built specialized ramming ships able to withstand approaching enemy. I would also shoot missiles filled with sticky chaff to defeat Minbari stealth.

And your idea to turn Sun into generator of interdictor field is awesome! But it would contradict canon (or destabilize Sun).
rjsha1 chapter 6 . 10/14/2010
Great story man - can't wait for the next chapter, like some of the reviewers on here I have to say that you are an awesome story teller.
Trevor the Enchanter chapter 6 . 10/5/2010
Well, the stage is set. Admittedly, the technical details can get a bit boring, but I do the same thing at times. An excellent story so far and I look forward to the next update.

That's part of the reason I do not consider the Minbari a benevolent race. They launch a war of genocide because of the death of one man, and continue slaughtering us even after we're screaming "we surrender!" That doesn't sound like a peaceful, benevolent race to me.