Reviews for A Visitation
Vegetableswillhavetheirrevenge chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Pretty nicely done. It's really tricky to try and believably get into the mind of a character, as most everyone who watches a show will have a slightly different view on what the person is like, especially with characters as complex as Honma and Kamiyama. I think you did a pretty good job, although I think I did sense your own thoughts/way of thinking about how unfair it all was rather than Honma's thoughts a couple of times. (Although, as I said, that could just be my slightly different interpretation of the character. [eg. I personally think Honma did consider Kamiyama to be his best friend, and only said otherwise to hurt him] Lol)
In terms of the story, I liked your comparisons to the two's former relationship- especially the slight sense of awkwardness over the almost role reversal.
I noticed you put that Kamiyama recently discovered that his parents died after he went into a coma. This does actually go against what it says in the actual programme, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
So, yeah, sorry to ramble on so much. Overall, I think you did a good job. Well done. XD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Okay so I'm posting this review years after you've written this but bear with me. I just finished re-watching The Quiz Show 2 and wanted some sort of feedback or POV from others so I've wandered in to your fanfic.
Very nicely done! It's true to the character of Kamiyama. I was touched by that part where he expressed his pain at the thought of being deprived of his two best friends at one go. and that he really treasured Toshio as his friend. Plus that (slight) confession from Toshio that in his own way he treasured Kamiyama as well because he was the only one who understood him - indirectly saying in fact that he thinks of him as a friend because friends are the only ones who can be counted on for that sort of thing.
Okay, I've blabbed enough.
Will you still be writing that fiction when Honma gets out of jail? Hoping that you will ... :-)
breadmaker chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
I loved your fic and I 3 the Quiz show. And i don't know why but I'm fixated on this one section in your fic, it just catches my attention:

"He's not dangerous," Kamiyama stated firmly when the guard shot him a look.

"Right, and that's why he's in here for murder," the man scoffed and Honma frowned, glaring slightly as the cell door slid shut once more behind Kamiyama and the guard went to stand a few feet away, leaving the two to talk alone.

Kamiyama looked around, a small frown on his face. "It seems… our situations are reversed, Honma-san,"

"San?" Honma gave him an incredulous look.

"It's a habit…" the former quiz show host stated dryly, looking at his old friend.

Please write more m(_ _)m and thanks for the read
Setsu chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Yay for another The Quiz Show fic! (if you ask me, it was a brilliant idea to put the links on the lj community... it's impossible to find jdrama fics on because they have no proper tags for that...)

Again Honma's POV, a very sweet one I must admit, it gives a fun contrast with his bitter words. But I guess he is a good boy inside his heart...

I loved how Kamiyama insisted that Honma isn't dangerous XD and their talk... (though I caught some difference with what was said on the drama about Kamiyama's parents, but I guess it's not that important...) it was emotional but I guess, the life-long supposed best-friends would show more intimacy?... at least Kamiyama doesn't seem to be discouraged and that's nice I would love to read about his other visits... Can I say 'please write that multichapter story?' :D? You would have at least one very excited reader (meaning meXD)!
xyz chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
I really like the mood you created, it fits the series very well!