Reviews for Kitten Heels
YoreReader chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
I love it. I love humor especially if it involves Auggie and Annie having one of their moments. And it's funny because I've been racking my brain for a while now why Auggie and everybody says kitten heels when they're stillettos. Now your fic is my canon. Thank you.
rigger42 chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Thank you! The 'kitten heels' reference is like hearing a slightly out of tune piano.
agguielover chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Love Auggie's last comment
Maggy chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
*THANK YOU* for setting the shoe-thing straight!

When the reference was first made on the show, I thought it was a joke because A. was blind...

then when all the writers on this site kept picking it up as canonical, I realized they thought it was accurate... grrrrrr.

(It didn't bother me enough to write a story about it, so I'm glad *you* did!)

Even more important, though: your story was more than a "correction"- it was well-written, well-envisioned, and quite cute.

Thanks for writing it. :-)
miss-tarletone chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Cute and funny! It was also informative because, though I am a girl (and a girly one at that), I never knew the difference between the different types of heels!
Arysta chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
So glad somone took this one up. It seems so funky in the actual episode, so it's nice to have an explanation that makes sense. Great job!
hopesup-headdown chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Thank God. I'm not the only that noticed the 'kitten heels'. It was drving me crazy!
Kawaii Usagi Chan San chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Heh heh! Very nice! I figured he'ed still want to call them that just because of the imagery of the name kitten heels sex kitten to his very 'guy' mind _
CainaStarsong chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
That whole kitten heel thing always annoyed me to no end, cause I though kitten heels weren't so tall, but then in a magazine, there was an article on kitten heels, and the picture was exactly like Annie's shoes, and I was like, WHAT? I THOUGHT THOSE WEREN'T KITTEN HEELS!
distorted realities chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
I love it because you said what I want to say. Characterizing Annie's Louboutins as kitten heels makes me want to cry. While there are Louboutin kitten heels those are not it. At minimum hers are pumps.

Ignore my obsession over shoes I'll never afford. :-\
oceanmoon chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Yeah, it was bothering me for a bit too before I realized why they probably made him think that they where kitten heels because of the similar shape at the top, they probabky make the same sound, but then I got caught up in other things with Liza, and kitten heels was lost on me, anyway, Thank you for writing this!

remuslives chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
all i know about shoes is that i like tennis shoes, lol. i know jack about heels. i thought kitten shoes meant like sex kitten shoes. and to my not very girly brain they would look basically like what she wears. but thanks for the clarification.

not very romanticy or angsty, but i still liked this one. good job!
Medie Shanachie chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
number 1) fricken awesome and hysterical

number 2) when we watched the first episode and auggie made the comment about the kitten heels my friend that i was watching with said "those aren't kitten heels!" which cracked me up. i don't wear heels because i'm not able to balance on them...but even i know she doesn't wear kitten heels.

awesome awesome fic!
pixiestix16 chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
i had the same reaction when i first heard auggie call them kitten heels! 'cause kitten heels? yeah, they make me think of old ladies with garish pancake make-up and painfully ugly wigs, all gussied up for Bingo Friday. gag. buuuuuut, i do have to say that the way auggie talked about them kinda made me associate them with slightly less horrendous images. it's a testament to how much i love the guy.

so, onto the actual review: liked the story, but it seemed a bit rushed... kind of like you had the idea in your head and needed to get it written down but then didn't go back and flesh it out - more the skeleton of the story then the whole body, if you will.
Lady Krystalyn chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
THANK YOU! I'm so glad it bothers someone else! I mean, it doesn't REALLy bother me, but every time I see it I have to shake my head, thinking "They're not kitten heels!...*sigh*". I get why people write it in their fics, its consistent with the show, and plus it just has an awesome ring to it :) But really, what I want to know is why did the show's writers script it that way? Do THEY not know what kitten heels are? lol Did they not consult with the costume department? Did they not care because it sounded good? Or was it on purpose (and in line with your story!) that Auggie simply doesn't know? Oh well! Thanks for the story, its nice to see someone else noticed the inconsistency!